It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I was surprised you gave that one up.  But I've got to thank you too, because Ben only let this one go to me because you sent him that size 48 blank.

That Selanne gets me excited... finally got the right patch en route and this jersey is an exception to my usual "go off the board" player guideline I have with my collection.

3 hours ago, Van67 said:

That Selanne gets me excited... finally got the right patch en route and this jersey is an exception to my usual "go off the board" player guideline I have with my collection.

You picked a good one to go off the board with!  So you're getting the orange border patch then correct?

2 hours ago, JJM4 said:

You picked a good one to go off the board with!  So you're getting the orange border patch then correct?

Yup. Gotta trim it when it arrives... small scissors skills need to be up to snuff lol.

And what I meant by "off the board", is I don't typically like to get players that everyone else will want to get. Not always possible when you have a team focus. My most recent example would be a team issued 1997 St. Louis Cardinals jersey. Everyone and their mother would get McGwire, but I went with Todd Stottlemyre. 

11 hours ago, JJM4 said:

A Few back from customizing... thanks @TMLFAN  3 with a Ducks connection, and Casey's final pro jersey

1993 Jets - size 52 - got this one a while back but had to replace the back number due to colour bleed.

1995 San Diego Gulls - size 52 - Probably my favorite jersey design from the IHL

1994 Brandon Wheat Kings - size 54 - was a stripped gamer, but cleaned up really nicely

1998 Kansas City Blades - size 52 - took FOREVER to find this blank

Nice, congrats on the pickups.

16 hours ago, JJM4 said:

Yeah, I was surprised you gave that one up.  But I've got to thank you too, because Ben only let this one go to me because you sent him that size 48 blank.

Yeah, I was in a rut, authentic-wise. Didn’t feel motivated enough to send it off to Keener. And I was like, “When will I ever wear this thing?” And I mean, I did make a little money off selling it. Not a ton, but enough that it was a good deal for Ben and I both. 

But, it would have been a great one to have, for sure. 

Another couple of pickups:

9iNOXnf.jpg

PdUVLbb.jpg

I was thinking about stripping this and having it redone as a 2000-01 with the 75th anniversary patch but as far as I can tell, the customization is accurate so I don't want it to go to waste. It's going to stay as is.

eQ7bY9b.jpg

I'm leaning towards Oshie on this one.

On 4/18/2021 at 2:12 PM, TheKevinShow said:

PdUVLbb.jpg

I'll never forget sneaking from the 200 level to the 100 level at the UC and sitting just to the left of the players bench (which I later found out was for players family) 
As my buddy and I sat chugging beers and watching the Hawks be terrible Theo came off for a change, as he passed us he stared at me for an uncomfortable amount of time and I got a chance to see all the scars on his face up close. 
Dude was pretty banged up 

4 hours ago, PensJerseys said:

That Jets jersey really is super sharp.  I love the single layer fonts.  Also the curved name plate.  That's pretty unique, isn't it?

Thanks, yeah I'd say that's unique to the Jets, using the twill plate with the curved corners. 

Slowly catching up on mail days over the past few weeks. The Carnback and McSorley were impulse buys. The Carnback looks like it could be game-worn. He only played 6 games that year so that would explain the limited amount of wear. Furthermore, I don't who would go through the trouble to get a Carnback jersey done. However, there is no 75th anniversary patch underneath the all-star game patch, so I'm not sure what to make of it.

1992-93 Montreal Canadiens Patrik Carnback

1992-93 Montreal Canadiens Patrik Carnback

1993-94 Los Angeles Kings Marty McSorley

1993-94 Los Angeles Kings Marty McSorley

2001-02 Buffalo Sabres Stu Barnes

2001-02 Buffalo Sabres Stu Barnes

1996-97 New York Islanders Todd Bertuzzi

1996-97 New York Islanders Todd Bertuzzi

1992-93 Quebec Nordiques Ron Hextrall

1992-93 Quebec Nordiques Ron Hextrall

So THAT'S who got the Hexy GC.  Super nice!

On 4/21/2021 at 8:38 PM, thebiggoalie said:

HOLY F@ck!

Is that Sexy Hexy a legit goalie cut?

Yep. And in top-notch condition.

On 4/21/2021 at 10:12 PM, HockeyMusic said:

Where did you snag this GC????

Was for sale in one of the Facebook groups.

On 4/21/2021 at 11:28 PM, mfitz804 said:

The name and numbers on that Bertuzzi are crooked. 

I know. Keener has really lost a step.

On 4/22/2021 at 12:43 PM, JJM4 said:

So THAT'S who got the Hexy GC.  Super nice!

Yeah, pretty happy. I don't think it's even been washed judging by the tags. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

The swelling in my eye has finally gone down after it got hit by @thebiggoalie’s giant jersey boner. 

TWSS...Obviously. 

Also, “Giant Jersey Boner” would be the perfect updated forum name for you.

22 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

TWSS...Obviously. 

Also, “Giant Jersey Boner” would be the perfect updated forum name for you.

Well it’s 2/3 correct, as I’m from NY...

48650781701_4326162007_c.jpg

Edited by mfitz804

52 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Well it’s 2/3 correct, as I’m from NY...

Yes, but you’re a New Jersey fan...and a giant boner...and several other things according to Tom Tucker. 

1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

Yes, but you’re a New Jersey fan...and a giant boner...and several other things according to Tom Tucker. 

Sticks and stones my friend, sticks and stones. 

12 hours ago, perthisthereason said:

I know. Keener has really lost a step.

Seeing this jersey and looking at my wave Bertuzzi jersey, then some pics around the interwebs to verify, Cutting Edge got the 'I' at the end of the name backwards (pointed ends should point inwards, not outwards)... and because I now cannot un-see it, I'm debating a strip and re-do with a better customizer. I was ok with the horrible quality as game jerseys were totally done bad too, but it's also bugging me more and more as time goes by. One of the back numbers also just won't straighten out from a nasty curl it has. 

Did Keener have nameplate material to match the jersey? Cutting Edge used what looks like old replica jersey material on mine.

EDIT: Now that I take a closer look at the numbers, the sublimated material isn't going to strip well... nameplate replacement is probably do-able though.

Edited by Van67