Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mail day from Keener. 

Start off simple. Only showing the front of this jersey. Everyone knows what the back of a Hughes Canucks jersey looks like... and I had a bit of a VLR accident cleaning up remnants around the new back numbers as this was a strip job. Sometimes when you think you are super careful, it's still not good enough. Not a huge mess of blue running into white, but enough that it needs cleaning and worst case scenario, a new number 4, which is not hard for this jersey. 

m9GbRJm.jpg

Although I'm a Canucks fan, certain exceptions can be made for other Canadian teams (never, ever Edmonton, Calgary or Toronto though!) Always wanted one of these and the Stanley Cup patch just puts it over the top.

GhKM6nQ.jpg

6bkHAhf.jpg

This was a random eBay purchase at a decent price. Not an Edge nameplate as CKA doesn't use matching material for their jerseys. I just instructed to use whatever that looked like a game photo and I'm happy with it. It is naked without the patches that were on these game jerseys, but I don't think they exist loose anywhere. My iPhone camera also doesn't capture the cream colour well, but we all know what they look like in person. Choice of player was simply the best player I could find wearing this jersey. 

0YpfQZp.jpg

yqbrU59.jpg

This one is the gem of today's box. This one took a bit of doing, as unlike the Edge jersey above, the stars on the numbers for this jersey are embroidered, not sublimated. Keener also does not do embroidery. I had the kit sent loose, found a local company who nailed it and sent them and the jersey back with my next box, along with a message to increase the perforation size on the arm numbers. This is the result and if the font Keener created isn't 100% accurate, it's 98%. Again, not a matching nameplate, as CKA doesn't do it that way.

8x9eGdG.jpg

VaDEiUO.jpg

UI4QSEE.jpg

8ZItPGZ.jpg

Edited by Van67

It might only be a replica and it might not be my size, but considering that the only other Nike option is a TI/GI/GW and there is little to no chance of me ever getting one, I’ll settle for this. This one will be a Maddie Rooney. If I can somehow find two more of the royal blues, I’ll have one done for each Lamoureux sister.

phFcbeD.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of MiC pickups:

2018-present Matthew Tkachuk Home/3rd Jersey

2018-present Matthew Tkachuk Home/3rd Jersey

2017 Jaromir Jagr Away Jersey

2017 Jaromir Jagr Away Jersey

On 5/19/2021 at 9:00 PM, mfitz804 said:

Not gonna lie, now I want to see the back of that Hughes jersey. 

Because you asked lol... Crisis averted, but now that I see this photo (compared to game photos I can find), it looks like the numbers are a bit too far to the right. Anyone else with a Hughes jersey have it look like this? 

Zi4ywDt.jpg

7 minutes ago, Van67 said:

Because you asked lol... Crisis averted, but now that I see this photo (compared to game photos I can find), it looks like the numbers are a bit too far to the right. Anyone else with a Hughes jersey have it look like this? 

Looks fine to me. That awkward font used for the 4 is what’s giving you the illusion that it’s too far to the right. I’d enjoy it for a while before you feel the need to start ripping it up to correct it. Then see if you feel the same way two or three months from now.  

1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

Looks fine to me. That awkward font used for the 4 is what’s giving you the illusion that it’s too far to the right. I’d enjoy it for a while before you feel the need to start ripping it up to correct it. Then see if you feel the same way two or three months from now.  

That's precisely why I'm not knee-jerking it. Although this wasn't done by a game-jersey customizer where you can always expect some imperfections like you see on game worns, I can always chalk it up to that too lol. 

Game worn kind of has the same thing going on. Right edge of the 3 lines up with the right edge of the nameplate, as does the point of the left edge of the 4. 

51224372694_ca27f2f520_z.jpg

I agree. The funky four (plus one!) is giving that illusion. 

Kudos to anyone that gets that reference without Googling. 

But if you line up the bottom of the numbers with the fight strap, then it does look it's set further to the right compared to the gamer.

Some double-digit numbers have that affect where it looks wonky in terms of position even though it is not.  I have noticed if they start with a 1, 4, or 7 they tend to look weird/off-center.  However, I think that's because there is more negative space on the left side compared to the other numbers.

2 new ones I'm thrilled to add to my IHL collection

1996 Las Vegas Thunder Demitra alternate gamer - size 56.  One large slash mark on the crest otherwise clean.  He'd only play 20 some games with the Thunder so the alternate was probably barely used.

51226945707_f20ae80bcf_k.jpg

51226945522_4d4857c107_k.jpg

1996 Phoenix Roadrunners Alternate size 56.  Love the chainstitched logo and the kit is nice finished with glacier twill

51226946107_d9c426c2da_k.jpg

51228419274_5efc5cd663_k.jpg

Love the Demitra. I have a blank teal Thunder jersey I want to do just that to, but I need the bear, Caesars Palace and Las Vegas patches. Seems like an impossible get.

5 hours ago, Van67 said:

Love the Demitra. I have a blank teal Thunder jersey I want to do just that to, but I need the bear, Caesars Palace and Las Vegas patches. Seems like an impossible get.

Thanks! I'm thinking it would be tough to find those patches too, but maybe having them made is the way to go.  I have close up pics of the patches in my Flickr if you want and I'd be happy to provide measurements.

On 6/6/2021 at 5:11 PM, JJM4 said:

Thanks! I'm thinking it would be tough to find those patches too, but maybe having them made is the way to go.  I have close up pics of the patches in my Flickr if you want and I'd be happy to provide measurements.

That would be great. Much appreciated.

Do you know of any reliable companies who could make the patches and don't require minimums of a dozen or so?

6 hours ago, Van67 said:

That would be great. Much appreciated.

Do you know of any reliable companies who could make the patches and don't require minimums of a dozen or so?

I do, I'll pm ya.

PYbSGoh.jpg

I scored a prototype of the Ducks' Edge throwback on eBay. I'm not sure what's different between the prototype and the on-ice jerseys but it's still awesome to pick up one of the jerseys I've wanted for years. The previous owner stripped off the ANAHEIM nameplate and the number 13, but there's still evidence of the strip. I'm thinking I may have it done up as a Getzlaf, which should cover the number pretty well, and I'm hoping that the nameplate will be sufficient to reuse.

Size 56 - Stars Reverse Retro MIC - was a Dowling gamer but cleaned up perfectly.  The nameplate was done on Reebok Edge material so I'll get Keener to replicate that.  The green in the jersey is so much more impressive than the lighting in this photo shows.

51238652965_c74c0e5d67_k.jpg

51237796508_cb8c8e244c_k.jpg

Newly reacquired - Saint John Flames size 56

49585042566_04f05ed2cf_k.jpg

49585042341_d447125dd2_k.jpg

Got this about 2-3 weeks ago but forgot to post it:  Patrick Maroon 2017-18 red set 3 / Playoff set game worn jersey.  Maroon actually wore 2 different red set 3 jerseys; he wore a size 58 for the first two games of the set schedule and then a size 58+ for the rest of the set schedule and playoffs.  This is the 58+ jersey.  I was able to photomatch it to a repair on the right arm to game 4 of the first round of the 2018 playoffs against Tampa.

51248814877_f628ef0e95_c.jpg

51249537051_07fa41bf2a_c.jpg

^^ Nice one! Still not pleased with Maroon for spoiling the Stars run in 2019 though.

Just got this one in today, will be a MacKinnon soon! Size 56, stripped gamer, don't think you can get these other than a gamer and I know who's got the MacKinnon gamer and he won't be selling so this is the best I could do.

51250860945_15527d2307_k.jpg

15 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Got this about 2-3 weeks ago but forgot to post it:  Patrick Maroon 2017-18 red set 3 / Playoff set game worn jersey.  Maroon actually wore 2 different red set 3 jerseys; he wore a size 58 for the first two games of the set schedule and then a size 58+ for the rest of the set schedule and playoffs.  This is the 58+ jersey.  I was able to photomatch it to a repair on the right arm to game 4 of the first round of the 2018 playoffs against Tampa.

51248814877_f628ef0e95_c.jpg

51249537051_07fa41bf2a_c.jpg

I enjoyed Maroon during his time here. Somehow the dude moved in slow motion compared to most modern NHL players but still got the job done consistently. I think “vision” is a skill that can’t necessarily be taught, and Pat has it. Nice pickup. 

Two more pickups courtesy of eBay and Reddit respectively.

TRa8tPf.jpg

That's now three Blackhawks practice jerseys and 2/3 on-ice. All that's left to do is find the white one. There was one on eBay for $75 but I hesitated because I was buying the next jersey in this post and someone else got it before me.

CbY1WxQ.jpg

This one's a cool piece. There aren't that many differences between this prototype and the jerseys that made it to the ice.