It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

Wow, this page! Nike dazzle mesh, All-Star gamer, and a RR gamer!

I can’t believe Vancouver already auctioned off those jerseys. how many sets are they wearing?!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

I can’t believe Vancouver already auctioned off those jerseys. how many sets are they wearing?!

The Canucks wore 4 sets, one for each home game last week, and will not wear them again. Players get to keep one set, the first set has obviously been auctioned off already and the other two sets will be auctioned off as well. The info I got from the Canucks store was the next two auctions will take place "towards the end of the season". 

Big Hawks Practice Jersey CSL Mail Day!!!

2016 Patrick Kane Chicago Blackhawks Military Warm-Up Jersey

2016 Patrick Kane Chicago Blackhawks Military Warm-Up Jersey Front2016 Patrick Kane Chicago Blackhawks Military Warm-Up Jersey Back

2019 Duncan Keith Chicago Blackhawks Winter Classic Practice Jersey 

2019 Duncan Keith Chicago Blackhawks Winter Classic Practice Jersey Front2019 Duncan Keith Chicago Blackhawks Winter Classic Practice Jersey Back

2019 Jonathan Toews Chicago Blackhawks Winter Classic Practice Jersey 

2019 Jonathan Toews Chicago Blackhawks Winter Classic Practice Jersey Front2019 Jonathan Toews Chicago Blackhawks Winter Classic Practice Jersey Back

2020-21 Nicolas Beaudin Chicago Blackhawks White Practice Jersey 

2020-21 Nicolas Beaudin Chicago Blackhawks White Practice Jersey Front2020-21 Nicolas Beaudin Chicago Blackhawks White Practice Jersey Back

2020-21 Pius Suter Chicago Blackhawks Red Practice Jersey 

2020-21 Pius Suter Chicago Blackhawks Red Practice Jersey Front2020-21 Pius Suter Chicago Blackhawks Red Practice Jersey Back

2020-21 Chicago Blackhawks Blue Practice Jersey 

2020-21 Chicago Blackhawks Blue Practice Jersey Front

8 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

2020-21 Chicago Blackhawks Blue Practice Jersey Front

Nice Haul! 

Is it just the way the jersey is laying or does the Indian look like he'd enjoy some french fried PO-taters?

2 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Nice Haul! 

Is it just the way the jersey is laying or does the Indian look like he'd enjoy some french fried PO-taters?

That is a phenomenal observation. 

2 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Nice Haul! 

Mmmm hmmm. 

14 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Nice Haul! 

It's just the shine from the vinyl logo...but now I want McD French Fries.

A couple more for my Zarley Zalpaski colleciton...

1993-94 Zarley Zalapski Calgary Flames Authentic Home Jersey 

1993-94 Zarley Zalapski Calgary Flames Authentic Home Jersey Front1993-94 Zarley Zalapski Calgary Flames Authentic Home Jersey Back1993-94 Zarley Zalapski Calgary Flames Authentic Home Jersey Team Stamp1993-94 Zarley Zalapski Calgary Flames Authentic Home Jersey Removed Patch

This jersey is a 1992-93 Game Used jersey of Carey Wilson recycled for the 1993 Training Camp possibly used by David Struch. Zalapski was traded to the Flames near the end of the 93-94 season. I decided to keep the game wear and just add the "Zalapski" nameplate. 

1999-2000 Zarley Zalapski Philadelphia Flyers Authentic Alternate Jersey 

1999-2000 Zarley Zalapski Philadelphia Flyers Authentic Alternate Jersey Front

1999-2000 Zarley Zalapski Philadelphia Flyers Authentic Alternate Jersey Back

One of the largest mail days I've had in a loooong time. For the time being, I can say my collection is 'complete'. 

What may be the new gem in my collection, the original Reverse and now Retro small block pinhead Savard. Tried to get the old name and number font and sleeve number placement as correct as possible. Downside is the jersey is a 44 so the sleeves hit mid fore-arm on me. But you don't come across these everyday so...

DSCF4029-vi.jpg

DSCF4031-vi.jpg

'91 All-Star Larmer. Ultrafil goodness to replace my old Chelios version of this jersey. Found a larger reproduction patch to more closely match the original. Name and number font tweaked to more closely match the era

DSCF4032-vi.jpg

DSCF4033-vi.jpg

Moving into the modern era, back in 2011 I was lucky enough to grab a size 52 white TI Vector which became a SCF Kane. Now I have it's red twin with Dunc's puck blocking face!

DSCF4036-vi.jpg

DSCF4037-vi.jpg

Took advantage of the cheap Ross finds on Ebay and created this military appreciation warmup jersey. Only Saad in my collection and he scored a goal in the game against the Leafs where they wore these

DSCF4034-vi.jpg

DSCF4035-vi.jpg

Opted against getting anyone on the practice jerseys for the time being. I may change my mind later, but for now just had the patches sewn on

DSCF4038-vi.jpg

DSCF4041-vi.jpg

Not part of this pickup, but I was able to pick up a TBTC replica for $25. It was trashed, but I was able to salvage the crest. I have a spare '19 WC crest and now this one. Debating what I should use it for. Maybe throw it on a stripped practice jersey? 

TBTCPractice-vi.jpg

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

One of the largest mail days I've had in a loooong time. For the time being, I can say my collection is 'complete'. 

What may be the new gem in my collection, the original Reverse and now Retro small block pinhead Savard. Tried to get the old name and number font and sleeve number placement as correct as possible. Downside is the jersey is a 44 so the sleeves hit mid fore-arm on me. But you don't come across these everyday so...

DSCF4029-vi.jpg

DSCF4031-vi.jpg

'91 All-Star Larmer. Ultrafil goodness to replace my old Chelios version of this jersey. Found a larger reproduction patch to more closely match the original. Name and number font tweaked to more closely match the era

DSCF4032-vi.jpg

DSCF4033-vi.jpg

Moving into the modern era, back in 2011 I was lucky enough to grab a size 52 white TI Vector which became a SCF Kane. Now I have it's red twin with Dunc's puck blocking face!

DSCF4036-vi.jpg

DSCF4037-vi.jpg

Took advantage of the cheap Ross finds on Ebay and created this military appreciation warmup jersey. Only Saad in my collection and he scored a goal in the game against the Leafs where they wore these

DSCF4034-vi.jpg

DSCF4035-vi.jpg

Opted against getting anyone on the practice jerseys for the time being. I may change my mind later, but for now just had the patches sewn on

DSCF4038-vi.jpg

DSCF4041-vi.jpg

Not part of this pickup, but I was able to pick up a TBTC replica for $25. It was trashed, but I was able to salvage the crest. I have a spare '19 WC crest and now this one. Debating what I should use it for. Maybe throw it on a stripped practice jersey? 

TBTCPractice-vi.jpg

Seems a good use for it. 

excellent Hawks haul, some great Hawks jersey on this page!

On 3/5/2021 at 10:49 AM, mdwsta4 said:

DSCF4032-vi.jpg

You got a better repro and adjusted the numbers to get more accurate, right on, but it begs the question, and I'm curious 'cause I addressed '89-'92 tagging changes in '83-'93, and I'll be noting the change to CCM tagging '93 on for some teams, in '94-04.

Does it not bother you, and to all collectors in general since many people make this mistake, that the jersey isn't accurate for the patch (and in some cases the player)?

39 minutes ago, slimcutta said:

You got a better repro and adjusted the numbers to get more accurate, right on, but it begs the question, and I'm curious 'cause I addressed '89-'92 tagging changes in '83-'93, and I'll be noting the change to CCM tagging '93 on for some teams, in '94-04.

Does it not bother you, and to all collectors in general since many people make this mistake, that the jersey isn't accurate for the patch (and in some cases the player)?

What tagging are you referring to? The Center Ice neck tag? The jersey itself is accurate for the era. Suppose I don’t care about tagging especially since it can’t be seen when I’m wearing it. If it was a big block no NHL patch or air knit obviously that would be a problem. But these jerseys (big block, NHL logo, ultrafil) were worn from what, 90-93? No different than buying an EDGE jersey back in 2016 and having it customized for a player/patch in 2012

The CCM vs Airknit neck tag slightly bothers me. Enough so that I aborted a 91-92 double-patch because of it. I’m really picky, though. Probably why I’ve switched to gamers. I can’t take the stress of inaccurate customization and year differences between big blocks. I just got a few back from Keener and they’ll probably be my last. It’s really just impossible to be 100% on-ice accurate anymore for Flyers. 

My take, 
As time goes by it's harder and harder to get everything 100% accurate because the older jerseys just aren't available anymore and people want certain players.  
To me, the jersey isn't going to be worn in a game / it's not a game worn jersey and it may not be the players size so is it worth getting overly picky? I've seen people spending upwards of $75 for a patch to put on a non goalie cut jersey with a goalies name on it.... 

I mean, obviously we all want our stuff to be as close as possible but in the long run it's just a fan replica of people we admire so I don't get in a twist. 
Heck, even the teams recycle jerseys that wouldn't be considered correct for the year. 

Edited by Hockey Bob

My take? If the jersey is right on the outside, I can care less what tags are inside. That’s how I choose to participate in the hobby.

If people want to spend their time trying to source the exact jersey with the exact tagging, and then track down authentic patches, and then have the correct customizer do the work, more power to them and I’m glad they found a way to participate in the hobby that they can enjoy. 

5 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

Heck, even the teams recycle jerseys that wouldn't be considered correct for the year. 

But I think that just makes it better - '93 jerseys with '92 75th patches covered up...but can't recycle backwards, only forward :D

Seeing different sets with different fonts/names/C or A, on the ice at the same time

2v2vrfCKHxZ1VfS.jpg

2v2Hz1Sq2xZ1VfS.jpg

It just seems funny to me when someone states they made their jersey more accurate in one way, but either ignored, or didn't care about it in another way. Curious who cares and why, that's all.

15 minutes ago, slimcutta said:

can't recycle backwards, only forward :D

2v2vrfCKHxZ1VfS.jpg

The N-Stars seriously recycled a small block from the mid to late 80's for a player like Broten in 1991 😂😂

I hear what you are saying about going forward but not backwards, if there isn't something from 1991 available and 1992 looks the same from the outside I'm gonna do it!
If there was a jersey hall of fame for non gamers I doubt much from my collection would make it in. 
And I'm cool with it :)

I nominate Slim for curator of the Non Game worn hockey jersey HOF! :)

Edited by Hockey Bob

4 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

The N-Stars seriously recycled a small block from the mid to late 80's for a player like Broten in 1991 😂😂

Wasn't recycled, Aaron Broten only played for the NStars in '89-90...just different sets, same year.