It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Third one of these I have had made (in a row, EPS has basically had one of these in production for me for the better part of a year), the previous two having been flipped for a profit. I will make every effort to hang onto this one. 

50932516183_18204f5f40_b.jpg50933204031_7fe9daa75b_b.jpg

Hi! 🙃

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Three new arrivals over here. Two game worn sweaters from power houses of the NCAA/Hockey East, and a retail authentic (from when that meant something). I had forgotten how nicely made, heavy, substantial these old Starter sweaters were, how crazy different these early Coyotes jerseys are with the high collar and rib knit hem and elbow stripes,  and it's my first Starter wordmark to boot! 

Amazing how more 'real' the Coyote's jersey and it's stacked twill lettering feels compared to the BC Eagles gold alternate which is lighter than air, with sublimated single layer lettering.

IMG_7938

IMG_7943

IMG_7941

IMG_7949

IMG_7955

IMG_7956

IMG_7962

IMG_7963

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Was that last guy benched a lot?

Love it. Michael Sit's sweater is from the 2013-2014 season, and I thought it was particularly punny that I picked this one up at the same time I got Tom Morrow's 2006 alternate sweater. Two fun hockey names for sure.  

3 minutes ago, Zack845 said:

Love it. Michael Sit's sweater is from the 2013-2014 season, and I thought it was particularly punny that I picked this one up at the same time I got Tom Morrow's 2006 alternate sweater. Two fun hockey names for sure.  

Definitely two nice jerseys. Must be hard to find college game worns. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Definitely two nice jerseys. Must be hard to find college game worns. 

Thanks! I've gotten lucky the last few months with the Game Worn NCAA College Hockey Jersey forum on Facebook, and with a connection to a long time BC collector when I picked this 2000-2002 BC sweater worn by Ben Eaves in their 2001 NCAA championship run. With more recycling and fewer jerseys issued per year, it certainly seems to be a bit tougher than NHL game worns.

BC - 00-02 - Ben Eaves - 1

BC - 00-02 - Ben Eaves - 2

If I was a Coyotes fan I would definitely get an old Kachina jersey and put Gartner on it.  One of my favorite all-time non-Devil players.  I remember watching him as a Ranger and whenever he went on a breakaway you knew that it was basically guaranteed to be a goal.

Out of all the 700+ goal scorers in NHL history, he is easily the most underppreciated.

Just now, Devilsguy said:

If I was a Coyotes fan I would definitely get an old Kachina jersey and put Gartner on it.  One of my favorite all-time non-Devil players.  I remember watching him as a Ranger and whenever he went on a breakaway you knew that it was basically guaranteed to be a goal.

Out of all the 700+ goal scorers in NHL history, he is easily the most underppreciated.

You like a Rangers player, that’s gross. 

3 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Truthfully - I was originally searching for (as cliched as it sounds) a Roenick or Tkachuk in that styles and was even thinking about the game worn Maciver that Detroit Hockey has for sale (because game worn) but was really hoping to find a Starter wordmark vs. a S-Star variant of the Kachinas. This was the first one I saw and definitely doesn't hurt to have a HOF'er on the sweater. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

You like a Rangers player, that’s gross. 

I actually came really close to being a Rangers fan very early on.  First NHL game was a Devils game in late 1989 and between then and when we got our first year of season tickets in 1991-92 I almost became a Rangers fan.  It is mostly because MSG was on basic cable while SportsChannel required a cable box from TKR cable that few had.  Hell we didn't get SportsChannel until the 92-93 season and we only had it on one TV in the basement.  That 92-93 season I watched almost as much Rangers games as Devils games even though I was firmly a Devils fan by then.

5 hours ago, Zack845 said:

Truthfully - I was originally searching for (as cliched as it sounds) a Roenick or Tkachuk in that styles and was even thinking about the game worn Maciver that Detroit Hockey has for sale (because game worn) but was really hoping to find a Starter wordmark vs. a S-Star variant of the Kachinas. This was the first one I saw and definitely doesn't hurt to have a HOF'er on the sweater. 

Have to throw in some Gartner love too.  That guy was a rocket on ice.  I think he won fastest skater 3 times in the skills competition.  Totally solid choice there.

Long time without a post, but after seeing a TON of Made in Indonesia Blackhawks Winter Classic style 'Authentics' on ebay of late, decided to stop at the nearby Marshalls here in Illinois. In hindsight, based on the ebay seller with 15 WC jerseys for sale in my town, I was obviously late.

But... they didn't look on the Big & Tall Rack and I was able to score a Size 60 white Adidas Hawks practice jersey, Made in Canada. Complete with standard non-retail tagging at the end of the sleeve. Out the door at $18.50 after tax... can't complain!

5 hours ago, cjerina said:

But... they didn't look on the Big & Tall Rack and I was able to score a Size 60 white Adidas Hawks practice jersey, Made in Canada. Complete with standard non-retail tagging at the end of the sleeve. Out the door at $18.50 after tax... can't complain!

If you ever find any size 56 in black (or red) I’d be interested...

I have one last white SRM sponsorship patch if you want to make the jersey more accurate to the on-ice version 

Well I had to give to get on this one.  By far my biggest of a handful of trades I've ever pulled off. Gave up a Sakic rookie for it, but I'm just sorta happy to not have to deal with the vinyl fleur de lys cracking I guess is my jerstification on doing the trade.

2004 World Cup of Hockey Winnipeg Falcons Team Canada Lemieux

50937348302_c1c75aca66_k.jpg

50936549918_8b89467261_k.jpg

Awesome Canada jersey there. Always great seeing those.

Got these done up recently.

Freddie Andersen AreTnas Goalie Cut

50930988702_1dd89b9949.jpg

50930988687_eca00d01d1.jpg

Phil Kessel '14 WC Style Alternate (worn for two games)

50930988697_531b487f71.jpg 

50930178103_197d25406e.jpg

Thanks! And nice looking couple jerseys there for you too!  That Freddie Arenas GC is spectacular

Johnny Oduya 2006-07 red set 3 / playoffs game worn jersey.  Photomatched to the small mark on the crest to game 1 of the 2007 round 1 series against the Lightning.  Some light but noticeable wear.  Nice rookie year gamer with the Devils 25th patch.

50950964792_3c3485f0f8_c.jpg

50950874286_0a23786e82_c.jpg

On 2/12/2021 at 7:24 PM, Phil the Thrill said:

Seeing a Freddie jersey on here today has angered me more than I thought it would.  Freaking seeve.

3 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Johnny Oduya 2006-07 red set 3 / playoffs game worn jersey.  Photomatched to the small mark on the crest to game 1 of the 2007 round 1 series against the Lightning.  Some light but noticeable wear.  Nice rookie year gamer with the Devils 25th patch.

50950964792_3c3485f0f8_c.jpg

50950874286_0a23786e82_c.jpg

One of the rare extra patches permitted during Lou’s reign. Always liked Oduya, his time in NJ was too short. Obviously I’m also salty about how his trade worked out. 

Great pre-Edge addition to your collection. 

I can't believe I didn't post this around New Year when I finished the project....

I shared the jersey itself maybe a year and a half ago when I shared how I had three different authentic CCM & Sandow jerseys that had sewn on crests instead of the proper screen printed version.  Drew the accurate logo in Illustrator and had a local shop screen print for me.

Anyways, finally got the kit ordered this year and pressed it down right as my Christmas vacation was ending before heading back to work again.  Lemieux Rookie.  Still would LOVE to find both a white and "Sunday Gold" to add to my closet....

1984-85_Away - Lemieux_011984-85_Away - Lemieux_02Crest prints

Edited by PensJerseys

4 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

Seeing a Freddie jersey on here today has angered me more than I thought it would.  Freaking seeve.

Can't believe I continue to waste money on this team.

On 2/13/2021 at 1:24 AM, Phil the Thrill said:

50930988702_1dd89b9949.jpg

50930988687_eca00d01d1.jpg

Phil Kessel '14 WC Style Alternate (worn for two games)

50930988697_531b487f71.jpg 

50930178103_197d25406e.jpg

Both Fab jerseys, I need an Andersen, there is a gamer on FB I'm thinking about.