It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome Lemieux; really curious as to who did the lettering!

On 9/6/2022 at 8:54 PM, perthisthereason said:

1998-99 St. Louis Blues Kelly Chase, set 1, lighter wear but photo-matched to some loose threads and marks

1995-96 Pittsburgh Penguins Mario Lemieux

Wow well done on the pens jersey.  Amazing!

On 9/6/2022 at 8:54 PM, perthisthereason said:

1998-99 St. Louis Blues Kelly Chase, set 1, lighter wear but photo-matched to some loose threads and marks

1995-96 Pittsburgh Penguins Mario Lemieux

Wow well done on the pens jersey.  Amazing!

On 9/6/2022 at 9:04 AM, Devilsguy said:

Yeah FB is a terrible platform for this and reddit is even worse IMO.  Apparently there is a decent following on Discord but that is even worse than FB and Reddit.

Agreed.  Terrible signal to noise ratio

4 hours ago, perthisthereason said:

Thanks! I believe Keener did that one.

Thanks for the reply!  The lettering looks almost exactly like the Lemieux (replica) I recently got back from EPS.  I had to go to painstaking effort to get the letters to look like the 95/96 on-ice font, as EPS’ default font for the gradient alt is the 1998 and later font.  

11 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

Agreed.  Terrible signal to noise ratio

I tried to partake in Discord but I found it mostly to be for younger collectors who like to talk to each other in memes.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

…younger collectors who like to talk to each other in memes.

That’s the first thing I noticed when I joined the Discord, lol.  There are some surprisingly cool jerseys posted there though.

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

That’s the first thing I noticed when I joined the Discord, lol.  There are some surprisingly cool jerseys posted there though.

Yeah there is some good jersey stuff in there.  It's just a tough medium to have discussion when it's basically a never-ending chat across multiple channels on the same server with mostly under 25 year olds talking to each other in memes (I also want to make it clear this goes for all of Discord and is not unique to the hockey jerseys server).  I am not even 40 (though pretty close) and I feel like an old fart on there.

18 hours ago, perthisthereason said:

Thanks! I believe Keener did that one.

Speaking of Keener, I have an Islanders fisherman I wanted to send them and they told me that they are no longer taking personal/individual orders.....for good....not just until the end of the year.  Was anyone else told this?

22 minutes ago, Schlepprock32 said:

Speaking of Keener, I have an Islanders fisherman I wanted to send them and they told me that they are no longer taking personal/individual orders.....for good....not just until the end of the year.  Was anyone else told this?

I had heard it was indefinitely, yeah. 

2 hours ago, Schlepprock32 said:

Didn't know it was for good this time. 

I've also heard that Keener is finished for good in taking orders from collectors like us. It's unfortunate because EPS takes so much longer, but the bigger issue for me is that I never avoid duty and taxes coming back into Canada. It's honestly got me reconsidering my collection focus and I might go for more game worns in the future. 

Speaking of game worns, I picked these up on vacation in Iceland. Not normally a fan of Tackla's sublimated everything, but when in Rome... or I should say Reykjavík...and got the last non-Tackla jerseys they IHI had as well!

X1iysNB.jpg

21UsWGV.jpg

4WXfiB9.jpg

M6gsCpW.jpg

LchtqjD.jpg

h2Jutx9.jpg

0qMJ9E1.jpg

s2WYkOO.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 7:50 PM, mdwsta4 said:

Nice! Are the Swift cuffs elastic now? Still not a fan of this version of the USA jerseys, but love the gamers 

Yes, the cuffs are elastic. Also, they have a much smaller fight strap than the standard you see on other manufacturers.

On 9/25/2022 at 8:21 AM, jsh139 said:

Nice. I saw those auctions but didn’t have an emotional connection to any of the players. I miss the flag on the jersey. 

Yeah, I just went for Tynan because it was inexpensive and I wanted to finally get a USA gamer before the SoCal Gamer Expo next month.

On 9/26/2022 at 6:24 PM, TheKevinShow said:

wanted to finally get a USA gamer before the SoCal Gamer Expo next month.

Bummed I’m going to be out of the country that weekend 

It's been a few months since my last update, so here we go:

1) Jason Smith 1996-97 white set 1.  Some good wear including a popped collar, multiple marks and some repaired and unrepaired holes.

2) Yegor Sharangovich 2021-22 red set 2.  Worn for 13 games, he scored 7 goals and 6 assists in this jersey including his first career hat trick against the Panthers on April 2nd, 2022.  It is photomatched to that game and has several marks and repairs on the sleeves.

3) Adam Larsson 2012-13 red set 1.  Worn by Adam for 13 games and notched 3 assists while wearing this jersey.  Has some good wear including marks and repairs on the sleeves.  It is photomatched to the 3/19/13 game against the Rangers.

4) Brad Lukowich 2006-07 white set 2.  Worn by Brad for 17 games and scored 2 goals and 2 assists in this jersey.  Has some wear including marks and unrepaired holes on the sleeves.  There also appears to be some small old blood stains as well.  It is photomatched to him scoring the OT game winner in Philly on Feb 1st, 2007.

5) John Vanbiesbrouck 2001-02 white set 3.  Worn by Beezer in only 2 games, this has very light wear but is photomatched to a mark on the front.  Jersey also has custom-tightened sleeves.  Owning a Beezer Devils game worn has been one of my top 5 wants for a long time so I am thrilled to have this.

52405137340_4f5d625407_c.jpg

52405205768_543df7bf4e_c.jpg

52405137355_7ea7036cbd_c.jpg

52404990424_c1392d5d59_c.jpg

52405205968_667befd63e_c.jpg

52405205898_9167c34fd9_c.jpg

52405137390_7cd66ff246_c.jpg

52405137375_7fc025796c_c.jpg

52405206028_a4193db112_c.jpg

52404702296_e3a882f3e4_c.jpg

Edited by Devilsguy

• 2 weeks later...

What better way to kick off the Flyers season than a new addition to the collection!

2014-15 Mike Richards, home set 1. Mike wore this jersey in 19 regular season and 3 pre-season games where he put up 2 goals and 5 assists. Lighter wear, but I was still able to photomatch it to a mark on the "D" in his name.

2014-15 Game Worn Mike Richards, Home set 1

2014-15 Game Worn Mike Richards, Home set 1 (Back)

2014-15_Kings_Richards_06

chicago-blackhawks-v-los-angeles-kings.w