It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

On 7/13/2023 at 7:10 PM, jsh139 said:

The stitching below the crest is actually not a repair. Brash has a skate lace sewn into the front of his jerseys as a secondary fight strap 😉

I totally knew that, of course.

Great shirt, either way!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/14/2023 at 8:29 PM, perthisthereason said:

I totally knew that, of course.

Great shirt, either way!

Nice pick up. The Blues' jerseys are underrated and very classy.

I think we’ve shared MLB jerseys here from time to time. Picked up this 2000-07 era Phillies road jersey. It’ll make a nice Jimmy Rollins. 

2005 Phillies Road

I'll join the baseball parade. Picked this up at the Mariners store in Seattle last week. Took the patch off the left sleeve so it's loose now. Planning for George Kirby on this one, but will wait for the trade deadline before pulling the trigger.

lbnn1Un.jpg

I can’t get on board with MLB jerseys since they implemented the ‘diaper’. Looks so stupid; especially on teams with pinstripes 

On 7/19/2023 at 12:01 PM, mdwsta4 said:

I can’t get on board with MLB jerseys since they implemented the ‘diaper’. Looks so stupid; especially on teams with pinstripes 

Probably giving away what I have en route, but I'll post another MLB pickup sometime next week that makes me pretty confident that is going away soon.

On 6/23/2023 at 12:49 PM, mdwsta4 said:

Two project jerseys I finally got back. Both size 52 and both were strip jobs due to horrible customization. Very pleased with how they turned out. 

88-89 Savard

DSCF7173-vi.jpg

DSCF7174-vi.jpg

F*#! yeah! Good job :)

On 7/19/2023 at 9:01 PM, mdwsta4 said:

Agreed. Can’t stand that diaper. 

On 7/18/2023 at 7:50 PM, Van67 said:

I'll join the baseball parade. Picked this up at the Mariners store in Seattle last week. Took the patch off the left sleeve so it's loose now. Planning for George Kirby on this one, but will wait for the trade deadline before pulling the trigger.

lbnn1Un.jpg

How is Nike’s sizing compared to majestic?  I’m kinda in between a 46 and 48 in majestic. 

1 hour ago, zilch said:

How is Nike’s sizing compared to majestic?  I’m kinda in between a 46 and 48 in majestic. 

I don't have the All Star Game jersey yet, so can't yet say how its 52 compares to my other ones. 

The Nike jerseys players are wearing in regular season games now are literally Majestic Flex Base jerseys with a logo change.

2 hours ago, Van67 said:

I don't have the All Star Game jersey yet, so can't yet say how its 52 compares to my other ones. 

The Nike jerseys players are wearing in regular season games now are literally Majestic Flex Base jerseys with a logo change.

It's definitely the same fit, unlike when Russell Athletic switched to Majestic.

Here's that baseball pickup I mentioned last week I had coming..

The material is actually quite comfortable. It's like a bit thicker version of the 4-way stretch mesh Reebok Edge jerseys have. If Nike is moving to this next year, I'm ok with it.

One thing I've come to find out though, with this jersey and my Mariners City Connect, is that Nike is using a new (?) twill that looks the same from a distance, but it's different. The best way I can describe it is that it feels softer and perhaps thinner. Does anyone have any idea what it is, or some knowledge about it besides Nike not wanting customizers to know anything? I could be wrong, but I have a hard time imagining this is some kind of new material Nike whipped up.

The pic underneath the jersey is the best closeup I can get. Of course, like any of us, I want the same materials for names and numbers as the players get, but indications are that Nike wants to make that impossible.

FsSJ52T.jpgQoYXvch.jpg

Edited by Van67

Cool looking jersey. I wonder if it’s like what the NBA does? Players names/numbers are a different (thinner) material than what’s sold at retail (even the on court authentic). Guess the bigger difference is MLB jerseys, like hockey jerseys, are often sold blank where NBA/NFL rarely are 

Edited by mdwsta4

3 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Cool looking jersey. I wonder if it’s like what the NBA does? Players names/numbers are a different (thinner) material than what’s sold at retail (even the on court authentic). Guess the bigger difference is MLB jerseys, like hockey jerseys, are often sold blank where NBA/NFL rarely are 

From what I've been able to find out, with relative certainty, is that the material is called Power Twill and none of the customizers in our hobby have access to it. What I don't know 100% for sure, is if it is a Nike creation they're keeping behind nuclear launch codes or if it's something more rare they decided to use and have agreements with suppliers to only sell it to them or team customizers for game jerseys only. It is softer, thinner and lighter and I must admit, kinda nice. I hope it's an alternative to any thoughts of going to everything pressed on like the IIHF has pretty much done.

For the Mariners City Connect and ASG authentic jerseys I have, this is the material on the front script and also on names and numbers for authentic player jerseys sold on MLB Shop and in team stores (for teams using it so far). Doesn't help people with blank jerseys though. I did contact the Mariners on-field customizer a while back and they told me only replica names and numbers can be put on my City Connect authentic jersey if I send it to them. 

I can't see MLB going the NFL and NBA route, where there just aren't any blank jerseys sold at retail. What I do think is coming though, is that Nike will basically make it impossible to get an authentic jersey with accurate fonts, colours and materials for names and numbers, unless you buy through MLB Shop at their stupidly-inflated prices. Another thing that appear to be the case is that ALL MLB teams will be wearing perforated numbers next year, which is an even bigger pain in the sphincter for customizers who hope to replicate whatever is coming.

For now, I'm playing the patience game with my two jerseys and when (hopefully) I finally get them done properly, that is probably it for me with MLB Nike jerseys.

Edited by Van67

1999-00 Brian Boucher

When my best friend of 35 years reached out to our friend group to ask about replacing his tired Keith Primeau jersey that he's been wearing for almost 20 years, I jumped into action. I don't normally buy replica jerseys, but my buddy does not like the fit and sizing of authentics, so I picked up a blank replica and had it customized with one of his faves. A 1999-00 Brian Boucher rookie. Can't wait to surprise my friend with this! Customization done by Stan Kabala at Mongo's Jersey Restorations, for those on FB.

1999-00_Flyers_Boucher_01

1999-00_Flyers_Boucher_02

slimcutta
This post was recognized by slimcutta!

"Only "20 points left to be rewarded with today"...although, I do have "permission to bypass daily point limit" :D"

mdwsta4 was awarded the badge 'Superstar' and 30 points.

Very cool thing to do for your buddy! 

Finally got my hands on this jersey. Recycled rookie Steve Larmer jersey from the '81 season before he wore 28. Also my first dureen jersey. Fabric is thick like ultrafil, but almost has a sheen to it like dazzle mesh and a textured pattern sort of like Nike Swift jerseys. Old school buckle fight strap too. Always loved the longer black cuffs on older Hawks jerseys. While it'll be impossible to find material to make a correct name plate for it, this is probably the new gem in my collection

DSCF7238-vi.jpg

DSCF7242-vi.jpg

I got a matching pair from Beckett on eBay recently.

Brendan Guhle 2021-22 set 1 home GI and away GW.

HNoknsw.jpg2bCIm3m.jpg2H84KrA.jpg33YYzEk.jpg

I'm trying to find the matching alternate but he only wore it once and Beckett says they never got the alternates from that season.

• 5 weeks later...

The Milwaukee Admirals celebrated their 50th anniversary in 2020 which was shortened by Covid. They announced these jerseys which is how they got their name; an appliance store, not the navy. I was so bummed that they never wore them so I wasn’t able to buy a gamer, but the team recently had a garage sale and I was able to snag one. Tinordi plays for the Blackhawks now so it fits into my collection. 

2v2ekjtL5x1YqB.jpg

2v2ekjthdx1YqB.jpg

The one thing I can’t stand about Milwaukee is their customization. They sublimate material and then stitch it on. This goes for the numbers and nameplates. It just feels really cheap. With numbers like 8, 0, etc., they don’t even cut/sew the inner holes. Thankfully they stitched on the individual numbers because with other gamers, if it was 28, they’d literally cut ‘28’ and sew it as one giant patch, rather than two individual numbers. Here’s a close up of the customization

2v2ekjtVFx1YqB.jpg

Cool jersey. Not surprising for a minor league team. Be thankful the kit is on twill at all! Some teams just sublimate the name/numbers directly to the jersey itself.  Talk about cheap 😂

16 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Fair point. It’s better than a fully sublimated jersey, but the kit isn’t twill, it’s a thin jersey-like material 

Interesting. Looks like twill. Probably some cheap alternative!