It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a jersey, but an actual sweater. The Blackhawks launched the Archive Collection back in 2020 pre-covid which showcased older sweaters from 1929, 1935, and 1947. I was primarily seeking the 1947 sweater since I like barber poles, but got the 1929 in the deal. 

DSCF7387-vi.jpg

DSCF7380-vi.jpg

I've had this Ebbets Flannel sweater for a few years which is my go-to pond hockey layer. It's much heavier and more substantial than the Hill Flint versions the Blackhawks sold. Also made from wool where the HF are made of cotton. Either way, cool to have both especially given the difference in crest design

DSCF7393-vi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

2008-09 GW Simon Gagne, third set 3/PO. Worn in 3 reg and 3 playoff games where gags scored 3 goals and an assist. Light wear with just a few marks. Photomatched to a loose thread on the “A”. 

2008-09 Game Worn Simon Gagne, third set 3/PO

2008-09 Game Worn Simon Gagne, third set 3/PO (Back)

pittsburgh-penguins-v-philadelphia-flyer

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cxgt8GKANz6/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Edited by jsh139

• 1 month later...

Thanks! I agree... Canada has the single worst jersey design for national teams these days. Even their last Olympic jerseys were pretty bad. I remember watching them wearing the red jersey with black numbers that were basically invisible on tv.

• 4 weeks later...

Still prefer the added contrast the white adds, but I do like what they’ve done with the sleeve stripes. Regardless, great add to the collection! 

• 4 weeks later...

1996-98 GW Chris Therien, home set unknown.

Bundy wore this jersey sometime in the 1996-97 or 1997-98 seasons. Has some nice wear with lots of stick marks, a couple slashes, holes, board burns, a few small repairs, popped stitching, and inner pilling. A really nice example from early on in Chris's career.

1996-98 Game Worn Chris Therien, home set unk

1996-98 Game Worn Chris Therien, home set unk (Back)

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1w14VNrZEp/?img_index=1

2004 Authentic Jimmy Rollins road jersey with Pope/Tug patch. Customized by Mongo's.

2004 Jimmy Rollins

2004 Jimmy Rollins (Back)

Edited by jsh139

Love those old double knits. I don't dislike the cool base and flex base that followed, but nothing compares to them. A couple relatively recent baseball pickups of mine...

ASG Kirby. In case anyone wonders, no, I was not able to find correct customization from anyone. I found the jersey on eBay and won the auction at a f***ing steal. (If anyone is interested in the blank one I have with the M's patch, you know the drill!)

dBa8GZx.jpgjZ5MkLN.jpg

Mariners City Connect JRod. I managed to find the Roberto Clemente patch and moved the PNW to the proper sleeve, because of those sto0pid rules they have now. Just need to get the patches sewn down, but for pics, the jersey is complete.

RWcCFNf.jpgVqzk1y9.jpg

Material aside, which I think for the flex base sucks, the fit of the newer jerseys just doesn’t feel right. I love these old Majestics. 

nice mariners .........

that new Nike template F****** sucks, the batterman logo on the back is now placed under  that top sewn line ( i do not know what it's actually called, perhaps someone can tell me) so now that MLB logo is way too close to the player name!

just looks so stupid and crowded

🤢

Edited by Mongoose

I don't disagree with that point. I also don't like how they're making all teams use the same size letters for the names, perforated numbers for everyone and they're f***ing with other traditional things like the Dodgers big red front numbers. They're not big anymore.

The one thing I do like about the new Nike template is the jersey itself. It is very comfortable to wear.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice pickup! Got a box in the mail myself today...

Always liked this green Comets jersey. Just can't have a blank one sitting on the rack. Brisebois has done nothing but work his arse off in the AHL.

V9DU8Pw.jpg

uN5gieH.jpg

Managed to strip this one relatively well for sublimated air knit and had an old Cutting Edge kit for it, so it still resembles the old inconsistent chop jobs the game jerseys were!

Krpe4XM.jpg

6QK7yAa.jpg

A cheap FB Marketplace find. Had to strip a totally unprofessional kit and clean the ensuing mess, but this makes it well worth it in the end.

ouRubcg.jpg

Eiu8dRW.jpg

Not a Flyers fan, but I really like what they did to their jerseys for this season (minus the sponsor patch obviously). 

Always a sucker for the green Comets jerseys as well as the Fisherman

Found another small block pinhead, still in a 'too small to wear' size 44, but it was NWT and the crest is in much better shape than my other one. I plan on making another reverse tomahawk Savard

DSCF7695-vi.jpg

On 1/14/2024 at 5:53 AM, Van67 said:

I don't disagree with that point. I also don't like how they're making all teams use the same size letters for the names, perforated numbers for everyone and they're f***ing with other traditional things like the Dodgers big red front numbers. They're not big anymore.

The one thing I do like about the new Nike template is the jersey itself. It is very comfortable to wear.

no F^*** way..... they are tinkering with the numbers??

comfortable yes, but as a collector i never wear the jerseys, they are just great to have and see all the small (and different) details.

the Braves front script and tomahawk are supposedly also a tad smaller now!

that is insane since the price of the jerseys are only going up!

Edited by Mongoose

On 2/5/2024 at 8:22 PM, jsh139 said:

2023-24 GW Cam Atkinson, Home set 1. Nice wear. Photomatched.

2023-24_Flyers_Atkinson_01

2023-24 Game Worn Cam Atkinson, Home set 1 (Back)

detroit-red-wings-v-philadelphia-flyers.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C25lsOzxy9p/?img_index=1

white nameplate and the single layer black sleeve numbers look like sh!t imo....... why the hell don't they just go back to the Lindros era jerseys??

These look like a cheap knock off from that era! 😳

1 hour ago, Mongoose said:

no F^*** way..... they are tinkering with the numbers??

comfortable yes, but as a collector i never wear the jerseys, they are just great to have and see all the small (and different) details.

the Braves front script and tomahawk are supposedly also a tad smaller now!

that is insane since the price of the jerseys are only going up!

To each their own with wearing or not. Whenever I crawl out of my hole in Northern BC and make it to a pro game of some kind, I like to wear a jersey... and I live next to a pub where it's still socially acceptable haha.

As for MLB numbers, tinkering is an understatement. I wouldn't be surprised if Nike also uses their "power twill" material the 2023 ASG jersey and some City Connect jerseys have, which only Nike has and is holding hostage for themselves. If anyone wants a jersey done to exact on-field specs, they will have to buy one at a team store or on MLB Shop (aka f***ing Fanatics). It's going to hit independent customizers too. Company who does the Mariners jerseys flat-out told me they were not allowed to customize their City Connect jerseys with the authentic material because it was for game jerseys only.

It's disheartening too because, as you say, prices are only going up. I like the ASG and City Connect jerseys I have now, but I'm not sure I'll be buying any of the new Nike jerseys. It'll either have to be a sale that probably won't happen or something really blows my mind visually, which doesn't seem likely either.

On 2/9/2024 at 8:55 PM, Van67 said:

To each their own with wearing or not. Whenever I crawl out of my hole in Northern BC and make it to a pro game of some kind, I like to wear a jersey... and I live next to a pub where it's still socially acceptable haha.

As for MLB numbers, tinkering is an understatement. I wouldn't be surprised if Nike also uses their "power twill" material the 2023 ASG jersey and some City Connect jerseys have, which only Nike has and is holding hostage for themselves. If anyone wants a jersey done to exact on-field specs, they will have to buy one at a team store or on MLB Shop (aka f***ing Fanatics). It's going to hit independent customizers too. Company who does the Mariners jerseys flat-out told me they were not allowed to customize their City Connect jerseys with the authentic material because it was for game jerseys only.

It's disheartening too because, as you say, prices are only going up. I like the ASG and City Connect jerseys I have now, but I'm not sure I'll be buying any of the new Nike jerseys. It'll either have to be a sale that probably won't happen or something really blows my mind visually, which doesn't seem likely either.

Check this out!

The Patches are a joke now.

Flat as a pancake!