It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

On 4/29/2023 at 5:15 PM, jsh139 said:

It’s all shite. The league is clearly getting to desperation mode. Salary caps staying flat, more ads, higher ticket/apparel/in-arena costs, weird deals with Hulu/ESPN+ to blackout local games. It’s a shame. 

Don't forget Fanatics are to make the jerseys from now on!  

I know the gamers will still be made in the same factory...... but a fanatic label on a game jersey? yikes.

and what will it mean for retail jerseys?

not that adidas is any good in that regard.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/25/2023 at 11:27 PM, DJ Rhea said:

Ad breaks in play are far worse than digital ad and ice boards. Far, far worse

i beg to differ, you can record the games and watch them later,  and skip the ad breaks.

a car moving around the boards or even a huge puck, during actual gameplay,  can not be removed!

-

Still wish they didn’t do the chest numbers regardless of the nod to their history, but aside from that, I loved this jersey design. Nice find and customization! 

Thank you! The only thing that rubs me the wrong way is the TD patch. I'm not as offended by ad patches as most hockey fans seem to be, but I wish companies would be willing to have their colours changed to match uniforms. The TD patch on Vancouver's home and RR 2.0 jersey looks just fine, but it sticks out like a sore thumb on the black jersey. It is what it is though and doesn't diminish how awesome this jersey is. 

Agreed on both counts. Teams like Vegas and Toronto aren’t horrendous because they blend in. The Canucks and Habs are brutal. As a fan I ‘prefer’ the former. If I’m the advertiser, I would obviously prefer the latter. 

feels like NBA patches blend in more, but the MLB ads are the worst!

I could be wrong, I don't pay a ton of attention to basketball, but I believe I read or heard that the NBA made a conscious effort to make sure their ad patches fit the jersey in regards to colour.

I agree MLB is a bit out of control. It's one thing to have an ad look like a brick of coke (Atlanta), but there could be some size control. Some of them are massive to the point of being unprofessional. 

Pick ups year to date:

Toronto Maple Leafs Reverse Retro Goalie Cut

52929808463_61a1ac09c5_z.jpg

Tyler Bozak Second Period Worn Centennial Classic

52929517819_c45605b0fb_z.jpg  52928780187_ddeb2d3edb_z.jpg

Iyla Samsonov December 22nd Worn vs. Philly in a 4-3 Win

52929517879_de89392fd4_z.jpg  52929517699_6c0ffaf0e9_z.jpg

2 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Pick ups year to date:

Toronto Maple Leafs Reverse Retro Goalie Cut

52929808463_61a1ac09c5_z.jpg

Tyler Bozak Second Period Worn Centennial Classic

52929517819_c45605b0fb_z.jpg  52928780187_ddeb2d3edb_z.jpg

Iyla Samsonov December 22nd Worn vs. Philly in a 4-3 Win

52929517879_de89392fd4_z.jpg  52929517699_6c0ffaf0e9_z.jpg

Those goalies are amazing! I really love the blank retro. 

2 hours ago, Mongoose said:

have you guys seen how they have ruined the 2023 final jerseys.... cup patch placement is just f***** up !

thanks Gary and your F(&^*** ads 🤮

Have not. If it’s not on the right chest, that’s a crime. 

I'm not offended by ad patches, but they gotta be moved for the SCF patch. While they're at it, change the SCF patch to something that actually indicates the team is playing in the Final. This patch looks like something the championship team should wear the following season. 

Vegas is not any better  😓

addd539f-55bf-450d-831c-fbd881a7bd31-jpe

That also means it will be placed there even if there is no C or A....... i mean right next to and above the team crest, right?

I don't think they will move it so it sits where the C and A is,  i mean for players without, that will create inconstancy, but of course a better look........ what do you guys think? 

Edited by Mongoose

Just as bad. I figured the non lettered players patch would be moved over a bit so there would be some inconsistency. Guess we’ll see tonight! 

Forgive my non-hockey vent, but to add to the ad patch shite, I got a nice shiny authentic Mariners City Connect jersey and just discovered that even with the Mariners NOT having an ad patch, which sleeve the PNW patch is on for game jerseys depends on which side of the plate they bat from... and from my observations, all pitchers have it on the right sleeve. The jerseys sold at retail all have the patch on the left sleeve. This also means that MLB Shop's authentic Julio Rodriguez CC jersey is not accurate. 

Whenever I decide on a player for this one (might be a while considering the M's s*** season so far) and/or the right materials become available to the good baseball customizers, the patch can be moved, but still.... Mother****ers!

On 6/10/2023 at 9:55 PM, Van67 said:

Forgive my non-hockey vent, but to add to the ad patch shite, I got a nice shiny authentic Mariners City Connect jersey and just discovered that even with the Mariners NOT having an ad patch, which sleeve the PNW patch is on for game jerseys depends on which side of the plate they bat from... and from my observations, all pitchers have it on the right sleeve. The jerseys sold at retail all have the patch on the left sleeve. This also means that MLB Shop's authentic Julio Rodriguez CC jersey is not accurate. 

Whenever I decide on a player for this one (might be a while considering the M's s*** season so far) and/or the right materials become available to the good baseball customizers, the patch can be moved, but still.... Mother****ers!

you are correct... and i just got that Julio jersey!!  best 475 i ever spent 🙄🤬

-

and it makes no sense, some, like wong,  have the patch on the left some don't 

-

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1755956/gallery-seattle-mariners-break-out-city-connect-uniforms-for-1st-time/