It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

I’m surprised the league didn’t mandate that teams wear them a specific number of games. Especially since the league is the one who required the teams to create them in the first place. 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man, I’m so jealous of these teams releasing their RRs already as well as those wearing multiple sets. 

The Blackhawks had 1 set of RR 1.0 and 1 set of the 2.0 RR. They’ve still not really released the 1.0 sets so I’m not holding out hope for the 2.0’s. 

A sweet Sunday mail day. With some other necessary purchases, I was priced out of the game worn auction that took place and in the one(s) to come yet. I was lucky enough to be able to purchase this team issued Christian Wolanin Canucks RR jersey. I was in the minority actually liking these when they were revealed, but they still grew on me even more. The pics don't show the off-white as well as I would like and just doesn't do it justice.

mrzU1TL.jpg

CrZwpVW.jpg

QQjG9Ux.jpg

I4kzGXu.jpg

This jersey also completes a nice Johnny Canuck display!

kb9UJEP.jpg

Sadly, today is not a happy day in Vancouver and BC. I can't post nice Canucks content without ending with my tribute to Gino Odjick!

bB2IuYB.jpg

Really like what the Canucks did with these jerseys. Minus the chest numbers. I get the historical reason but I still think it looks dumb. Either way, I’ll continue to be jealous of you guys that are getting RR 2.0’s! 

15 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Really like what the Canucks did with these jerseys. Minus the chest numbers. I get the historical reason but I still think it looks dumb. Either way, I’ll continue to be jealous of you guys that are getting RR 2.0’s! 

I agree. If they were to ever use this as a basis for an alternate, I would hope that number gets moved to the sleeve! But as you said, it's a retro thing so I'll accept it.

• 2 months later...

A few recent eBay pickups:

Kiefer Sherwood Avalanche 2020-21 set 3 game-worn - this was sold to me as a game-issued but there's clear evidence of it being game-worn and he played in the only game that the Avs wore set 3.

IMG_4707.jpg

IMG_4708.jpg

Mighty Ducks authentic Reebok alternate - definitely a great find on eBay especially because I managed to wait the seller out long enough for them to agree to $150 off of the original price. Plus, unlike my eggplant Reebok 6100, this one doesn't need a replacement hem NHL logo because it's got the right one to begin with.

Vc59yDZ.jpg

Matt Greene 2007/08 World Championships - I'm not sure what this one is. I don't know what games they wore the white jerseys in and I don't know which of the two tournaments this is from. I don't know if it's a gamer (it's in good condition but he played so little that it could be a gamer in good condition) or an authentic.

35IpBKd.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

holy s***.... thanks to the digital ice and board ads i can't handle watching NHL hockey anymore 😥

Was looking forward to finally seeing the devils back in the playoffs.

FU bettman!

will have to settle with jersey watching...... hockey jerseys

Edited by Mongoose

Forgot to post a few. 

2022-23 GW Travis Konecny, RR Set 2

TK wore this jersey in 4 games where he scored 2 goals and 2 assists. Light wear with a slash across the crest and some burns and marks on the sleeve.

2022-23 Game Worn Travis Konecny, Reverse Retro set 2

2022-23 Game Worn Travis Konecny, Reverse Retro set 2 (Back)

2008-09 GW Dan Carcillo, third set 2

Car Bomb was traded from the Coyotes mid-season for Scottie Upshall, and as a result this jersey was only worn in one game, but he had two assists in it. Light wear, but there are some marks and a burn on the sleeve as well as some inner pilling. This is the second and last set of orange Edge jerseys that Ruberti's ever made up for the Flyers. The first being the butterknife jerseys. Discerning eyes will notice that the black outline on the numbers is thinner than what PX currently uses.

2008-09 Game Worn Dan Carcillo, third set 2

2008-09 Game Worn Dan Carcillo, third set 2 (Back)

On 4/19/2023 at 10:59 PM, Mongoose said:

holy s***.... thanks to the digital ice and board ads i can't handle watching NHL hockey anymore 😥

Was looking forward to finally seeing the devils back in the playoffs.

FU bettman!

will have to settle with jersey watching...... hockey jerseys

Ad breaks in play are far worse than digital ad and ice boards. Far, far worse

On 4/25/2023 at 5:27 PM, DJ Rhea said:

Ad breaks in play are far worse than digital ad and ice boards. Far, far worse

It’s all shite. The league is clearly getting to desperation mode. Salary caps staying flat, more ads, higher ticket/apparel/in-arena costs, weird deals with Hulu/ESPN+ to blackout local games. It’s a shame. 

Still haven't been able to secure a Blackhawks RR 2.0 so I went with another kind of barber pole. I do wish they did something different with the logo, but hard to fault a 2nd year team. 

Cale Fleury GW Set 2

DSCF7071-vi.jpg

DSCF7072-vi.jpg