• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres a simple solution. In the hypothetical new " want lists " tab mods will set up 30 new topics. Each topic will be titled with an nhl team name. Alphabetically of course. Then any member who wants to post a wanted item will go into the appropriate team topic and post the style year and player info. It would nicely categorize the teams as well since many of us have diverse collecting interests it would "pool" together the people collecting the same team. Just an opinion of course.

That is a good idea but need to add all star jerseys, international etc as well as the teams

Heres a simple solution. In the hypothetical new " want lists " tab mods will set up 30 new topics. Each topic will be titled with an nhl team name. Alphabetically of course. Then any member who wants to post a wanted item will go into the appropriate team topic and post the style year and player info. It would nicely categorize the teams as well since many of us have diverse collecting interests it would "pool" together the people collecting the same team. Just an opinion of course.

NHL By division (6 topics) and defunct teams (1)

AHL - 1

ECHL - 1

Juniors-Canada - 1

Juniors-US - 1

International-Canada/US - 1

Internation-Other - 1

13 Threads

There are only 6 divisions.

I've had 8 hours of sleep over the last two days...I have no clue where I got 10 from (thinking about it, 5/division x 2). You are right, subtract 4 from the grand total.

I'm looking for a 1992-93 NHL Eastern Conference All Star Blank Authentic in any size larger than a 44. Hit me up with a PM if anyone has one or has a lead on one.

Thanks,

LordKris

NHL By division (6 topics) and defunct teams (1)

AHL - 1

ECHL - 1

Juniors-Canada - 1

Juniors-US - 1

International-Canada/US - 1

Internation-Other - 1

13 Threads

While this is a great idea in the sense of having everything nicely organized, I really dont' see the point to any of this.

If you're a seller and you have a 1991-92 Rangers TBTC Leetch jersey (for example), are you really going to go look in the wantlist/rangers section to see if anyone's posted it as a 'want' of theirs?

And if you do, are you really just goint to limit yourself to the first person you see who posted it as a 'want'?

No, you're going to post it in your for sale thread (here and elsewhere), and on ebay, kijiji, etc, etc. especially since you know it's a hot commodity amongst several members, and in the hobby in general.

How many of you have gone through the want section, randomly searching, just to see if someone wants a jersey that you have for sale? If you are, or have done that in the past, again I must reiterate that there's a search function that works quite well. If I had said Rangers jersey, I could go to the wantlist and type 'Rangers TBTC' or 'Rangers Leetch' or just 'Rangers' if I wanted to get as many results as possible, and it saves me from having to search randomly, needlessly.

Besides, if you already know someone in the hobby that's looking for that particular jersey, they're a fellow collector and you already have them in mind, or they might possibly have something that you're after, you'll go directly to them first with a sale or trade offer.

Most of you on here are familiar enough with everyone else that If/when it comes to collectors who only collect a certain team/player, etc, it's fairly easy to recognize who will want what. Ex - if/when I come across another '86-87 Leafs Clark, I'll be sure to message HM and TMLFan and pit them against each other in a bitter war to the end just to ensure I profit as much as possible :P

Heck, just by scrolling up this page, I can see that, despite only having money on his wantlist, NYIJM29 is an Islanders, Jets, Yankees fan, I know JAV's a Bourque guy and by looking at his collection I can get an idea of what he likes/doesn't, and Bobcat's sig is perfect; it links to his collection, it shows what he's looking for, and more importantly, it's not too big/bloated...OR68 the same, but is a little larger due to pics.

Anyways, you get the point.

I just think you guys are all just looking at it from the point of view of - "If I post it somewhere where people can see my wants, clearly, they'll start messaging me en-mass and I'll find what I'm after", but it just doesn't work that way.

I'm not saying it's not a good idea to put it out there that you're hunting for something, I just don't think having some large/elaborate section dedicated to it is going to help anyone, especially if you just keep bumping it as a reminder that you want 'that jersey'.

Besides, from my past experience posting in the ebay and deals and steals, you guys all get pissed when I post a gem that hits the bay because you ALL want it. Again, this goes back to my point of - 'what do you do, hit up the first guy who said he wants that jersey?'

If you really feel the need to drill it into everyone's head that you want 'that jersey', without annoying the crap out of everyone by bumping a topic every few days, I HIGHLY recommend you edit your sigs to include a link to your collection, have at least one separate album for your sale or trade items, and post your wantlist so that every single time you post anywhere you'll be advertising your wants.

I've been procrastinating getting more active over at gameworn.net, but I'll tell you that I've browsed through quite a few times simply to scope member's collections from their sig links, and I've made more than a few deals by simply messaging them and working out a purchase and/or trade.

Try it, it works!

ps - from a mod's point of view, having a whole new section to clean-up/maintain doesn't sound like much fun, especially considering how much you mugs already complain about stuff 'round here.

pps - I love you all!

Nah, me and HM grew up a few houses away from eachother so it would be a tag team butt whopping if you tried to get us to take advantage of the other.

To add to your post, if you post that your looking for a specific jersey it will be harder to get a seller to give you their best price if they know your looking for it. Slim is the exception cause he's a nice guy like that.

A quick thought: In the '93 ASG, did everyone wear the English version of the Stanley Cup 100th patch?

And yes. I have noticed I'm like, as my good friend would say, 'a dug wae a burst baw' with patches... If you need a translation - just let me know. :lol:

Just wanted to update my want list...

I added 5 jerseys from my list...I added a Burish w/ WWW patch and "A"....Toews w/ WWW patch and "A"....Keith w/ Helsinki patch and "A"...Chelios TBTC w/ 75th patch and "A"....and finally the '89 Campbell Conference All Star jersey that I will have customized with #3 Manson...

A couple members here helped me gain a few of these and I am very grateful to them...especially the '89 which is very rare and impossible to come by...Thank you

PLEASE take a look at the updated list and let me know if anyone has any of them or could point me to someone who does....

THANKS everyone!!!!

I was thinking the same idea. But aside from the patch, are the 2011 and 2012 identical? I thought they were a little different.

I as thinking the same idea. But aside from the patch, are the 2011 and 2012 identical? I thought they were a little different.

From my understanding, the only differences are the 2011/12 patch and the vector/wordmark.

I ordered my 2012 ASG Patch for $8 and have my Tavares kit on the way. Just looking for an authentic Isles patch. The wordmark will be taken care of over the weekend

It wouldn't surprise me if the ASG patch on the jersey is glued hard onto the jersey.

Could very well be. I tried doing the trick where you pull the fabric under the patch, but it is on the double shoulder...it pulls easily on the bottom layer, I cant feel the layer it is glued to though.

I wouldnt mind having a square block covering the patch with the new one on top of it. It will make it look special.

• TMLFAN locked this topic