If you buy enough it's a decent deal, better than buying sub-standard repro's from eBay.

If I remember correctly, earlier in this thread, it was determined by some members who purchased them, that River City's NHL 2000 patches were repros. (Not that they were bad or anything.)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where can I get an original Rangers 85th patch? The ones eBay look a little bit shabby. Is it really that shabby of a patch?

Where can I get an original Rangers 85th patch? The ones eBay look a little bit shabby. Is it really that shabby of a patch?

Sportsk

Still looking for white Rangers jersey!

CCM size 54-56

Starter size 48-52

Edge 54-58

And I'll take att the Blue ones!!!

Just wondering if there's anywhere that sell reproductions of the MA Bicentennial patches (Bruins 1975-76) and the American Bicentennial patch (Blackhawks 1975-76)?

Pittsburgh, Team Canada, All Star? What year? What size? Also, we have a jersey want list thread in the trading section here! Someone will be able to help you out I am sure but be a bit more specific.

If you are looking for a retail authentic jersey to wear, eBay is a great source to find jersey models which Lemieux wore but which are of course no longer manufactured. You don't necessarily have to find one already customized- you can just buy a blank jersey and send it to a customizer who can do it up for you. It's just up to you to decide which model/year you want, and then go looking for one in your size in the best condition possible. However, be aware that there are many fake jerseys for sale everywhere (including eBay), and you need to be able to recognize them. If you are not sure, you can post the listing here in the "Is It Good or Not?" thread, and people here will be glad to help you out.

If you're looking for a gameworn Lemieux jersey, there are auction houses (ClassicAuctions, GamewornAuctions, etc.) that offer these occasionally, but they will generally sell for thousands of dollars.

...we have a jersey want list thread in the trading section here!

And that's the problem. It's only a single thread for all the users here looking for (a) specific jersey(s). Why don't we put up only one single thread for all our sales? ;) No seriously, we need to split up the trading post into 2 sections for a better overview, a "Looking for..." and a "For sale" section. Similar to JC

JAV is 100% correct. Would benefit everyone on the board. Would be nice for the format to add another Tab underneath the "Trading Post", call it whatever, "The Wanted Lists" or something. Would definitely be much easier for people to find jerseys for other members.

There have been countless times i come across a jersey that I KNOW someone has posted, in the current wanted section, but i don't always have the patience to scroll through 15 pages to find the 1 post. However, on occasion i have done exactly that to help out some fellow collectors, and they have done the same for me.

Would definitely like to see this!

There have been countless times i come across a jersey that I KNOW someone has posted, in the current wanted section, but i don't always have the patience to scroll through 15 pages to find the 1 post. However, on occasion i have done exactly that to help out some fellow collectors, and they have done the same for me.

Not in disagreement at all, but why don't you use the search feature...it works, you just have to use it.

I also need to point out, again, that you should all edit your sig to include your wantlist. Every single post you make would be an advertisement, and if/when anyone's looking to sell something, I'm sure it'll stick out in their head as soon as they see it. Although most of my stuff is niche, there have been a couple of times I've noticed something I've had in someone's wanlist, messaged them, and made an immediate sale without any effort at all, and both parties were happy.

For example, I just noticed now that NYIJM29 has 'money' on his wantlist, and I just happened to stumble upon $20 sitting outside the front door, in a Burger King parking lot...so I'm gonna send him a PM and see if he's interested in obtaining the $20 I found...he'll just have to pay for shipping.

See how easy that was?

Get off your a$$ people! :D

I'm sure what's going to happen is everyone is going to start a thread called "(Insert user name here)'s Wanted List" and nobody's going to open them up because it's going to get to be too overwhelming, I wouldn't personally. But if we did get a board you would have to have people put specifics in their subject title like "Need 91 Red Wings Home Size 52 Blank or Steve Yzerman" and then you'd probably have the same person posting ten different threads because they are in search of ten different things. And then there will be the bumps.

Probably the best way would be to create a single post that everyone has access to and is able to edit rather than a thread full of individual posts. But I doubt that is possible.

For example, I just noticed now that NYIJM29 has 'money' on his wantlist, and I just happened to stumble upon $20 sitting outside the front door, in a Burger King parking lot...so I'm gonna send him a PM and see if he's interested in obtaining the $20 I found...he'll just have to pay for shipping.

Can you express mail it? I'm willing to pay for the $27 expedited service. Thanks.

The issue that I have had is when I was actually looking for a jersey, I'd have to ask on every page. Nobody looks back and then I would be yelled at for spamming. It's a catch-22

I'm sure what's going to happen is everyone is going to start a thread called "(Insert user name here)'s Wanted List" and nobody's going to open them up because it's going to get to be too overwhelming, I wouldn't personally. But if we did get a board you would have to have people put specifics in their subject title like "Need 91 Red Wings Home Size 52 Blank or Steve Yzerman" and then you'd probably have the same person posting ten different threads because they are in search of ten different things. And then there will be the bumps.

Probably the best way would be to create a single post that everyone has access to and is able to edit rather than a thread full of individual posts. But I doubt that is possible.

Then we need a few simple rules like putting your wantlist in the very first post and edit it every time it changes and then bump it to the top again.

I might be in the minority on this one, but I prefer this jumbo catch-all want list thread over users having individual threads. It's much easier to check this thread every few days (or even longer) than it would be to look through tons of individual threads.

To add some perspective, ignoring Page 73 (since it's 4 posts including this one with just discussion about how to organize this thread), the past two pages (71-72) date from October 6 to today. In other words, if you missed a month of activity in want lists, you could catch up on the 40 posts in two pages of consolidated reading. For comparison purposes, in that same time frame from October 6 until today, there have been 42 active for sale threads. To me, it's a heck of a lot easier looking through a couple pages of one thread than opening 40+ threads.

...I prefer this jumbo catch-all want list thread over users having individual threads. It's much easier to check this thread every few days (or even longer) than it would be to look through tons of individual threads.

Especially since people are constantly bumping for no reason. Having individual threads constantly bumping the next gets real old, real quick.

People tend to want to have their own individual threads 'cause they think the word isn't getting out there for something they're after, but the simple truth is that if anyone is selling something that you want, they'll either know ahead of time and contact you directly, or they'll want to post it to everyone to a) capitalize and b ) give everyone an opportunity.

eg - if I have a 1992 Lemieux Pens scf jersey, I'm not going to scour the wantlist to find out who wants it, and just because you're looking for it, doesn't necessarily mean I'll sell it to you.

That said, I know the Pens fans around these boards, and, as I'm sure many of you can attest to, I know who to contact if/when I get any number of jerseys (Flyers, Pens, Caps, etc). And if I don't know who wants what, I'm not necessarily worried about it since posting it in my for sale thread will advertise it appropriately enough.

I can't get over how often I see you guys 'refresh' the wantlist with - "just a reminder - I want these" yet so few of you have it in your sig. Again, just post your wantlist in your sig and every single post you make anywhere on IJ will be advertising for you.

Easy peasy.

In terms of housekeeping, as well as finding stuff that's actually available, it makes more sense to keep the trading post reserved for items that are for sale (actually available), and not cluttered with "Looking for x"

While I agree it's avoidable by having a seperate section for want ads, I think a simple list is much easier to check then having individual threads.

I'll see if I can go through it sometime soon and clear out the old/needless stuff, and hopefully keep some of you mugs happy.

I'll fire this back up.

Looking for a Canucks 2006/07 Alternate jersey in a size 50/52. The jersey can be customized, but it will just end up stripped and re-customized. Just missed out on one on Ebay. Please let me know if you come across one.

Thanks.

The closest I can find with the MA patches is this one:

Right patch, wrong colours...

Just google or check the phonebook for local embroidery shops, bring it to them, and have them replicate it using the right colours, easy peasy.

Just google or check the phonebook for local embroidery shops, bring it to them, and have them replicate it using the right colours, easy peasy.

Methinks it'll have to be that way. Probably take it somewhere local because most online places charge a bomb for set-up charges. Even if they don't have a set-up charge, there's always a minimum order.

• TMLFAN locked this topic