Does anyone have a set-up like this on a '93 Finals Habs jersey, with the extra air-knit that was initially used to cover up the 100th anniversary Stanley Cup patch?

I was maybe considering a set up like the '88 Gretzky Kings jersey with velcro for the Assistant/Captain patch but with the 100th anniversary patch sewn down to the jersey and velcro to attach the finals patch if/when I want to. What do you guys reckon? Overkill?

A few members here have done that in the past for '91-'92 as well as '92-'93 jerseys, but why use velcro if that was never used when they attached them on the gamers?

I mean, if you're trying to replicate the jerseys that were worn, why not take a 100th ann cup patch, sew it down, and if/when you decide you want a SCF, sew it overtop like they used to...you want velcro to be able to remove the patch at will and have the best of both worlds? Re-reading your post, I guess that's what you're after...I suppose it's your call, but I'd sooner stick to how it was worn on-ice...if you want a replica 100th ann patch to use underneath, I have one floating around that I can send sans charge.

ps - it's ultrafil, not air-knit

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did that with a vintage remake of a 92 Pens jersey. All the patches were reproductions, but it was still awesome to have the covered nhl75 patch. I regret selling it too.

I mean, if you're trying to replicate the jerseys that were worn, why not take a 100th ann cup patch, sew it down, and if/when you decide you want a SCF, sew it overtop like they used to...you want velcro to be able to remove the patch at will and have the best of both worlds? Re-reading your post, I guess that's what you're after...I suppose it's your call, but I'd sooner stick to how it was worn on-ice...if you want a replica 100th ann patch to use underneath, I have one floating around that I can send sans charge.

ps - it's ultrafil, not air-knit

I suppose I could just get another replica road and attach the 100th anniversary patch (quite like the idea having the combo with the all star patch) and use the finals patch on a home (considering they won it in their home jersey). Sounds good to me man, you sure? Let me know what shipping would be to the UK and I'll pay you via Paypal if that's cool.

Duly noted. :thumbsup:

I considered that at one point too but never ended up doing it. It's a pretty cool idea even though it's not on-ice accurate.

If I were to ever get round to doing it I'd probably just stick to putting it on a replica, so if I happen to botch it then no major harm done.

NYIJM29, clear your PMs! Not sure this is perfect, but I found some Fisherman crests while searching eBay today:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-RARE-NEW-YORK-ISLANDERS-NHL-JERSEY-Patch-Crest-BADGE-LONG-ISLAND-HOCKEY-/310431167494?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item484723b406

NYIJM29, clear your PMs! Not sure this is perfect, but I found some Fisherman crests while searching eBay today:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item484723b406

Thanks for thinking of me Dan! Will do soon.

To anyone interested, I don't think those crest were used on the Isles authentics. If any of you picked up those $25/35 uncrested authentics, those will not fit

Thanks for thinking of me Dan! Will do soon.

To anyone interested, I don't think those crest were used on the Isles authentics. If any of you picked up those $25/35 uncrested authentics, those will not fit

Sorry guys!

Want. Wild Wing Replica - Size L,XL or XXL. Must be blank, good condition +. Willing to pay market value for one.

Want. Los Angeles Kings Burger King - Game Worn Jersey - Set 1 or 2, Any leads would be helpful!

Want. Tampa Bay Lightning Storm Alt - Game Worn Jersey - Looking for either Cullen Patched and ASG patched. Any leads would be helpful!

I have jerseys for trade, or cash offers.

Thanks everyone! Please PM me if you have one or come across anything!

Want. Wild Wing Replica - Size L,XL or XXL. Must be blank, good condition +. Willing to pay market value for one.

Want. Los Angeles Kings Burger King - Game Worn Jersey - Set 1 or 2, Any leads would be helpful!

Want. Tampa Bay Lightning Storm Alt - Game Worn Jersey - Looking for either Cullen Patched and ASG patched. Any leads would be helpful!

I have jerseys for trade, or cash offers.

Thanks everyone! Please PM me if you have one or come across anything!

DSL has one of those Wild Wings for sale.

Hear ye! Hear ye! Still on the lookout for a NYR Heritage Vector size 46!! I will pay you with money!

Any Sakic, bourque, jagr, lemieux or yzerman jerseys available?

Size you are looking for would help and maybe home /away style as well as those players are are on the open Market

• TMLFAN locked this topic