eBay version 4.0

dsl135

The name doesnt fit my collection either but think of the potential! Strip it and recustomize it.

I bought a Selanne once and converted it to an Yzerman...

Mind you, it was an easy conversion from #13 to #19 but still...

Can't believe no one's scooped this yet!

I was totally debating getting it and stripping it to make a Roenick... but decided it was too perfectly customized, and that someone may actually want a Bure... and I really wasn't sure on the size. I had bought an old CCM 44 and it was way too small, so I figure the 48 was probably too small too. Figured I'd let someone else have the great deal.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was debating it as well...but I have the one I want already so I was the same, let someone else enjoy it. Beauty of a jersey though.

Is it just me or the sleeves comically short on those?

Is it just me or the sleeves comically short on those?

That is among the things that are comical about that jersey.

By no means an I an expert on these...but just wanted to give the heads up...

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=111838874085&alt=web

Zilch beat me to it on page 87

Edited by LessThanZero

Not commenting on the jersey itself, but as I was clicking on the link, I said "watch, it'll be a Whalers. even though you really don't need to spend more money right now." :closedeyes:

Got any info on it? I'm not going to be in on it but always like to learn...

It's legit. Good luck cleaning it up! :)

Missed that one...nice snipe!

Same price I found my blue Nordiques for. Hopefully your able to clean it up. Would look great as a Sundin.

Had a question...What do you guys have your search criteria set at? I have my saved search for authentics set at:

Jersey, fan apparel and souveniers, NHL, size 48, 50, 52, 54, 56. And I sort to newly listed.

Reason I ask is I sometimes get tips and leads to jerseys I've never seen in my saved searches...WTF eBay? I also wont see a jersey until it pops up in the "related items" at the bottom if a particular listing...How many gems have I missed out on over the years?

They should also set a sort tab for knockoffs in my opinion.

Might be set to ship to US only on the listings you're missing.

Yah I suspect there is a regional issue. I'm a special case because I'm Canadian but work in Detroit. I've got 2 PayPal shipping addresses...one AmErica and one at home.

I do see items from both Canada and the States in my searches, it'll tell me if it won't ship to my address. So all I do is set it accordingly to where I buy from.

Maybe it's time to write them an email and see if I'm doing something wrong.

Bet that '48' gives you a lot of knock-offs, right? I have my settings on US, otherwise I get zilch.

Many Saved Searches here - too many actually - same jerseys popping up too often.

My saved searches are mostly for doing my homework and the occasional deal or steal. And yes, I also miss a lot of them gems.

I find that one word can make a difference. Example if I type in St Louis Blues Jersey, I get a lot of good stuff. If I type in St Louis Blues Authentic Jersey or St Louis Blues Jersey Game Worn it comes up with a whole different list.

You'd think that the key words St Louis Blues and Jersey would bring up EVERYTHING, but sadly it doesn't.

I've actually found some weird and good stuff with off the wall search terms like "fight strap" or "CCM on ice jersey", etc....

Edited by LessThanZero

Funny story for you fine folks

List a jersey, guy makes me an offer and I accept.

He then wants me to drive 2 hours round trip to meet him to drop it off. I say no thanks and he can meet me in a place convenient for me because I'm doing him a favour.

My time plus my gas just to save him $15 in shipping.

His compromise is that I only drive 90 minutes round trip because he doesn't have a car. My response is that he can take the train up to meet me in my town - to which he doesn't respond.

Today I send him a payment reminder and his response is that he wants to pay in CAD in the same price that he made an offer in USD which would result in me taking a 30% hit in revenue.

As soon as I can send a non payment claim, this guy is toast.

Haha, what an a-hole.

Yet another St. Louis Blues 3rd from 95/96....You know the jersey that never was.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Never-Used-St-Louis-Blues-95-96-Trumpeter-Wayne-Gretzky-Jersey-sz52-/281876473043?hash=item41a125a4d3:g:CiAAAOSwbdpWY0Ju

It's not even close to the real one, the notes are all off. I think this is the one jersey that the other guy sold and this guy haphazardly stitched in a fight strap (it's a bad sewing job) and some starter tags.

ETA: He's also the guy who made the double tagged LA Kings Burger King jersey. At least he was honest about that one.

Edited by LessThanZero

That is the ugliest thing I have ever seen, and not just the poor sewing of the fight strap. Those jerseys are horrific, if Keenan is actually responsible for them getting scrapped, then I hate him a little bit less than I did before.

What's funny is that there's at least one picture out there of the back of the actual prototype jersey, and there's basically no resemblence between that and the one in the eBay auction.

As a side note, I'm impressed by the body length of that one compared to the sleeves. It'd either be like wearing a jersey with sleeves that end at the elbow, or a dress with full-length sleeves. And I'm pretty sure if I said "sleeves" one more time, it'd overload your brain so that "sleeves" no longer seems like an actual word. Sleeves.

Edited by Nathan