eBay version 4.0

dsl135

That is the ugliest thing I have ever seen, and not just the poor sewing of the fight strap. Those jerseys are horrific, if Keenan is actually responsible for them getting scrapped, then I hate him a little bit less than I did before.

I don't think anyone would argue the fact that it is the ugliest jersey of the century. However if someone could get a real one it would be the catch of the decade. I believe that other than the two known ones that somewhere in the basement of Scotrade that there is a box that contains one G sized jersey and 20 R sized jerseys. Much like the box under the stairs in the movie Creepshow. One of these days when I actually get to meet Bret Hull or Tony Twist my first question will be if that is true about Keenan and what ever happened to the jerseys.

Edited by LessThanZero

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's funny is that there's at least one picture out there of the back of the actual prototype jersey, and there's basically no resemblence between that and the one in the eBay auction.

As a side note, I'm impressed by the body length of that one compared to the sleeves. It'd either be like wearing a jersey with sleeves that end at the elbow, or a dress with full-length sleeves. And I'm pretty sure if I said "sleeves" one more time, it'd overload your brain so that "sleeves" no longer seems like an actual word. Sleeves.

You have seen a picture of the back? I've only seen the same picture that was in the Blues book

I'd never seen the back either. So I guess that makes more than one floating around, huh? The one in the league office and then this one wherever it's from.

A seller on eBay made replicas of the Blues prototype jersey. The picture is from their auction and below is the link.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/WOW-St-Louis-Blues-Legendary-1996-Trumpets-Replica-Third-Jersey-XL-/221956641036?txnId=1659768510012

I have no association with the seller and unfortunately know nothing about the context of the photo.

The original was pooped out by a donkey that ate a box of crayons.

LOL, yet you'd still buy one if an original made it your way.

LOL, yet you'd still buy one if an original made it your way.

Yeah, but just to re-sell it to you, my best customer!

Yeah, but just to re-sell it to you, my best customer!

I appreciate that, lol.

Okey. Intruging jersey for me. But what the hell, it looks more like spilled coffee then blood. Which gets me thinking of two years ago when I was to buy a Briere jersey, but never got it because the guy said he "spilled coffee" on it when packaging before shipping it out. I got my money back then, but this got me wondering if it may be the same jersey. You more experienced guys, coffee or blood on the jersey? And are there any chance tog get it white again?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buffalo-sabres-Danny-Briere-game-jersey-flyers-Canadians-rare-signed-/172016102712?hash=item280cf56d38:g:06sAAOSw7FRWXcY0

Okey. Intruging jersey for me. But what the hell, it looks more like spilled coffee then blood. Which gets me thinking of two years ago when I was to buy a Briere jersey, but never got it because the guy said he "spilled coffee" on it when packaging before shipping it out. I got my money back then, but this got me wondering if it may be the same jersey. You more experienced guys, coffee or blood on the jersey? And are there any chance tog get it white again?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buffalo-sabres-Danny-Briere-game-jersey-flyers-Canadians-rare-signed-/172016102712?hash=item280cf56d38:g:06sAAOSw7FRWXcY0

I personally wouldn't even think of buying that...seems extremely shady.

If that's blood...that's A LOT of blood.

I personally wouldn't even think of buying that...seems extremely shady.

If that's blood...that's A LOT of blood.

Yeah, and one would think that if it was that much blood it should have atleast been catched one on or two photos, but can´t find any pictures with Briere and blood. Asked the seller about it, and talked about the "spilled coffee" and he said it was blood and that he got it from a "reputable house". Won´t buy it as he only wan´t to ship it with the global shipping program wich would add almost half as much as the jersey.

Yeah, and one would think that if it was that much blood it should have atleast been catched one on or two photos, but can´t find any pictures with Briere and blood.

From your comments it appears that you are wondering if this jersey is gameworn. It almost certainly is not, although the seller only states that the item is a "game jersey," which it is- he doesn't specifically say "game worn" jersey.

Buffalo was a MeiGray team during the 2002-2004 seasons, which are the ones in which Briere wore CCM white Sabres jerseys. Briere wore only one white jersey in 2002-03, and 3 sets in 2003-04, plus a preseason 2003. All of them were size 52, and of course they will all have MeiGray tags with unique ID numbers. The jersey for sale is a size 54, and it will almost certainly not have any correct MeiGray tagging, so there's really no chance the jersey is gameworn. So you'd basically be paying over $450 for a retail jersey with crap spilled all over it.

Edited by LAK74

Black tea and coffee are a game worn jersey fakers best friends along with X-Acto knives.

As others have warned stay well clear of this one.

From your comments it appears that you are wondering if this jersey is gameworn. It almost certainly is not, although the seller only states that the item is a "game jersey," which it is- he doesn't specifically say "game worn" jersey.

Buffalo was a MeiGray team during the 2002-2004 seasons, which are the ones in which Briere wore CCM white Sabres jerseys. Briere wore only one white jersey in 2002-03, and 3 sets in 2003-04, plus a preseason 2003. All of them were size 52, and of course they will all have MeiGray tags with unique ID numbers. The jersey for sale is a size 54, and it will almost certainly not have any correct MeiGray tagging, so there's really no chance the jersey is gameworn. So you'd basically be paying over $450 for a retail jersey with crap spilled all over it.

Correct. I did some digging after I´ve posted the jersey here, and was able to come to the conclusion that it was not a game worn one. Also, as it has a 'C' on it, it would need to be from 2005-06.

Good catch on the number 4.

I also forgot that the jersey for sale has a captain's "C," so really, the only possible gamer it could be would be the set 2 from 2003-04, so there could only be one unique MeiGray ID number for this jersey if it were gameworn.

Also, as it has a 'C' on it, it would need to be from 2005-06.

Briere would have worn Reebok jerseys from 2005-on, not CCM's. There was a brief period in 2003-04 in which Briere wore the C on a CCM jersey.