eBay version 4.0

dsl135

He had a size 56 Devils home at $145 for whatever reason

Just that one

Correct. Had to take advantage of that one. I asked if he would send me a 52 instead since he had both and that fits me a little better, and he said he would. It shipped today so we'll see what happens in a week or two. Whatever size shows up I'll be happy at that price.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Correct. Had to take advantage of that one. I asked if he would send me a 52 instead since he had both and that fits me a little better, and he said he would. It shipped today so we'll see what happens in a week or two. Whatever size shows up I'll be happy at that price.

Oh, that's even cooler. Never hurts to ask!!

I've only been selling on ebay for a few weeks, and I have a seller etiquette question for you guys. I sold an item on Sunday, buyer hasn't paid yet. He says his card was stolen, which is plausible I guess, but he has only communicated when I message first. Should I open a case and start the unpaid item clock, give him a couple more weekdays to get his card situation (if true) ironed out, or what?

Edited by furiousd

I've only been selling on ebay for a few weeks, and I have a seller etiquette question for you guys. I sold an item on Sunday, buyer hasn't paid yet. He says his card was stolen, which is plausible I guess, but he has only communicated when I message first. Should I open a case and start the unpaid item clock, give him a couple more weekdays to get his card situation (if true) ironed out, or what?

It's a major holiday week. Give him a little more time.

Not with insurance ,in Canada you can only get 2000.oo max and that will cost you at least 10.00 mor more not sure what FexEx can do .

I was just kidding. If I had $35,000 for a jersey, $70 for shipping would obviously still be too much, but wouldn't bother me.

Just to clarify I don't have $35,000 to spend on a jersey.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure that MeiGray or anyone else takes more than 10% on a consignment, so that shouldn't be an issue.

The chances of someone buying a $25,000 jersey at all is slim, but if it were a Gretzky or a Lemieux that was rare, they'd have a better chance. Masterson's story has a certain panache but not $25k worth.

Further, the seller's story about how they were used by the Stars, then a minor league team, then a bantam team...sounds fishy and I'd need a ton of supporting evidence to corroborate it. I mean, at the end of the day you could be buying a game worn banter team jersey from some kid, for $25k!

Good news is, free shipping now so Griff no longer has an objection.

I would agree with MFitz's assessment, in that eBay's commission structure of 10% is probably among the lowest of your choices as a seller.

I've never sold on GameWorn.net for example, but I would assume their commission is likely higher given the extra 20% they tack on to purchases. Does anyone know what their commission is?

Good news is, free shipping now so Griff no longer has an objection.

Still $70 for me - must be because I'm international. All the way up in Canada.

I've never sold on GameWorn.net for example, but I would assume their commission is likely higher given the extra 20% they tack on to purchases. Does anyone know what their commission is?

When I consigned three or four auctions ago, it was 15% + $25 per item.

When I consigned three or four auctions ago, it was 15% + $25 per item.

Is that 15% taken out of the 20% buyer's premium? Surely the auction house doesn't keep the 20% and also charge the seller an additional 15%? Or do they?

Wondering if anyone has bought from these guys before? Seems like a good price. Hoping to get a better deal if I get blanks...looks like they use twill name bars.

Thanks fellas.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=301823913526&alt=web

I know some people were interested in hearing about this guy. I got my jersey in today and it exactly what you would expect, a legit 2.0 with no flaws of any kind. Seems like a really nice guy too in the brief communications I had with him.

If you're on the fence about it I'd say go for it, can't beat some of the prices.

I know some people were interested in hearing about this guy. I got my jersey in today and it exactly what you would expect, a legit 2.0 with no flaws of any kind. Seems like a really nice guy too in the brief communications I had with him.

If you're on the fence about it I'd say go for it, can't beat some of the prices.

I got mine today too. Legit 2.0 no issues at all...

I mean it was terrible, everyone should avoid at all costs and leave the cheap ones to me.

Still $70 for me - must be because I'm international. All the way up in Canada.

Ahh, I see. Well if you buy it, send it to me and I'll ship it at cost. ;)

Is that 15% taken out of the 20% buyer's premium? Surely the auction house doesn't keep the 20% and also charge the seller an additional 15%? Or do they?

Yeah, I just checked my invoice, and the 15% was taken from the hammer price, no buyers premium added.

Thanks, always wondered about that.

The way it works is Buyers Premium gets charged by auction company to the buyer. So buyer pays a fee to purchase from the auction. Also, seller is charged a commission fee and a flat item fee for listing.

So the auction house gets a buyer premium payment a seller commission payment and a seller flat item fee.

Seller commission is deducted on auction closing price EXCLUDING the hammer buyers premium. So if you consign to sell for $1000 and it sells for $1000 with a 15% commission, seller gets $850 - flat listing fee. Buyer pays $1000 plus hammer fee and taxes and shipping.

Edited by chow_hound

Any reason why a Pro Player jersey would have Starter style size tags? Seems odd...

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281896819681&alt=web

It's not a Pro Player jersey with starter size tags, it's a Starter jersey with Pro Player branding. If you look at the close up shots, you'll see that the jersey is made of Starter knit.

Edit: though to answer your question, it's got something to do with one company buying out the contract of the other. Someone else will probably know better than I do.

Edited by AngeloS76

It's not a Pro Player jersey with starter size tags, it's a Starter jersey with Pro Player branding. If you look at the close up shots, you'll see that the jersey is made of Starter knit.

Edit: though to answer your question, it's got something to do with one company buying out the contract of the other. Someone else will probably know better than I do.

I wonder if that makes it super rare or an odd ball? For $25 it looks like a nice jersey. Would make a nice Burke.

The way it works is Buyers Premium gets charged by auction company to the buyer. So buyer pays a fee to purchase from the auction. Also, seller is charged a commission fee and a flat item fee for listing.

So the auction house gets a buyer premium payment a seller commission payment and a seller flat item fee.

Seller commission is deducted on auction closing price EXCLUDING the hammer buyers premium. So if you consign to sell for $1000 and it sells for $1000 with a 15% commission, seller gets $850 - flat listing fee. Buyer pays $1000 plus hammer fee and taxes and shipping.

Ah, so the auction house DOES get payments from both the buyer and seller... Thanks for that info.

I watch a couple of sellers with astronomically (for the hobby) priced jerseys and dream of sending them a one word message: LOL.

Seriously, I am amazed to see some of the two hundred percent markups and perpetually relisted items.

Some people are very patient. I tracked one jersey for about 5 months, it wasn't even overpriced, it was fair, $85. I didn't really need it, but I'd take it if the price was right. I e-mailed the guy and said, very cordially, I know you've been trying to sell it for months, if you have any interest in moving it, I'd pay $65. If not, sorry to bother you.

I never heard from him. Roughly 2 months later, it sold for his opening bid price of $85. He waited and he got his price.

It is, as said above, totally different than the guy perpetually listing his $100 jersey for $300.