eBay version 4.0

dsl135

Simply put, there was indeed a seller by the name "Griffinfood". No idea what it meant. He started with Chinese knockoffs of mostly the 1992 Penguins jerseys. They were awful, and any hobbyist would know they were knockoffs, but unsuspecting ebayers would buy them in hopes of them being authentic. I too fell for one of those penguins jerseys, left a nasty, negative feedback (his was at 100% positive), and he instantly contacted me to make things right.

Eventually, he started listing other jerseys like Messier Canucks jerseys, Red Wings jerseys, and the list started to grow, but they were all knockoffs. He may have disappeared, but I'm sure he still does the same thing on eBay.

Listing them as "clones" is just a way of him covering his Arse if somebody calls him out that they are actually "counterfeit".

Crazy man, it sucks that people do things like this. And people are definitely falling for them.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could be non-branded Maska jerseys with logos and emblems added on after the fact. The air-knit looks real, but the double brand logos are suspect... That, and the Pens would have worn Pro Player for the season that the big block CCM with silver shield were used.

WHY CAN'T I BE A BIGGER GUY?!

I really want this exact jersey but a 50. That price is crazy low for a hawks 2.0.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Artemi-Panarin-Chicago-Blackhawks-Reebok-Edge-2-0-Authentic-Pro-Jersey-sz-54-/301848828751?hash=item4647979b4f:g:xIMAAOSwUV9WmTgr

WHY CAN'T I BE A BIGGER GUY?!

I really want this exact jersey but a 50. That price is crazy low for a hawks 2.0.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Artemi-Panarin-Chicago-Blackhawks-Reebok-Edge-2-0-Authentic-Pro-Jersey-sz-54-/301848828751?hash=item4647979b4f:g:xIMAAOSwUV9WmTgr

the lettering is off though. From time to time the same seller has blank Hawks 2.0s cheap too

Anyone looking for an Islanders fisherman? Size 54. $199 start.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181996858119&alt=web

No comment necessary...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/swine33/m.html

I want...all of them!

Was wondering where that Pens went ?

How do you know it went for $360? I'm assuming he confirmed that in a message.

I was talking with him about the Boston jersey and he told me to make him an offer.

He claims he's been getting offers of $300 for a couple of them and went on to say that he just ended the Pens for $360.

Just going off of what he told me.

I really wish people would stop burning up eBay when they find a nice deal, because I'm about 95% sure J4TW cleans house whenever somebody posts something on here.

Is there a way to see what J4TW buys?

From what I see a lot of the stuff posted is out of a range where he can turn a profit.

I try to only post a "steal" after it has arrived.

I've heard too many stories on here of people getting a refund and their purchase getting re-sold to another buyer that made a better offer.

Is there a way to see what J4TW buys?

I've heard too many stories on here of people getting a refund and their purchase getting re-sold to another buyer that made a better offer.

1. I see him list many things I pass on that seem to disappear soon after.

2. That's exactly why I never post in the "deals and steals" thread because I've been victimized twice that way.

Happened to me twice, now I won't post until I have the jersey in hand. The worst one was one I was looking for for months. I posted here after it shipped. The next day I get a refund and the seller used package intercept to get it back.

Yes, they can do that.