eBay version 4.0

dsl135

I wonder if that makes it super rare or an odd ball? For $25 it looks like a nice jersey. Would make a nice Burke.

Probably not super rare, and even if it is, it being a Panthers jersey does it more harm than good. That, and I don't think the cross-branded jerseys made it onto the ice. This one may have been factory overstock.

For $25 ($40 or so after shipping), it's a good deal for an authentic jersey.

Edited by AngeloS76

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some people are very patient. I tracked one jersey for about 5 months, it wasn't even overpriced, it was fair, $85. I didn't really need it, but I'd take it if the price was right. I e-mailed the guy and said, very cordially, I know you've been trying to sell it for months, if you have any interest in moving it, I'd pay $65. If not, sorry to bother you.

I never heard from him. Roughly 2 months later, it sold for his opening bid price of $85. He waited and he got his price.

It is, as said above, totally different than the guy perpetually listing his $100 jersey for $300.

I had one of these a few weeks ago, and I won't lie, it made me livid. Guy lists jersey X with a starting price of Y. I watch it get 0 bids 3 straight times he puts it up. I make an off eBay offer, he says no. It was a very reasonable offer let's call it 90% of starting price. I watch it end for the 4th time with 0 bids so I offer starting bid minus ebay and PayPal fees + his listed shipping and he said no, says it's worth more. I was/am so frustrated. I just don't get it.

If the guy is not budging off his price, then basically you are at an impasse. You can either move on or just gut it out with the price. Sometimes the high prices help keep me in check and ensure that I won't spend my hard earned money on something that I won't like after I overpay for it.

I've listed stuff at prices that are what I think are the higher end of the realistic range and maybe even in the lower echelons of the silly pricing. Nothing wrong with some pie in the sky thinking. If you are in no hurry to sell something, then might as well try and wait for as long as you can. If the buyers get in a situation where they need the money, then there is a chance you can get it at a price that you are comfortable with. I just wouldn't get waste energy getting mad at people for listing something high.

Same Thing I was watching a signed 16x20 of two Famous Dallas Cowboys ,it has been listed more than 5 times at 399,00 after the 5th time I emailed the seller and said I would offer 350 plus shipping to Canada . I get an email back saying it was worth more than that so he was keeping it in his collection . It is know listed on eBay for 499.00 and no option for best offer .What do these people think after you watch it you will pay more WTF

This guy is dreaming on the price:

http://www.ebay.ca/ulk/itm/321959059755

Or a real hot dog of a player for less than half the price:

http://www.ebay.ca/ulk/itm/131674000347

Edited by AlereFlammam

Guy selling the Jokinen is a bit of a fan of his as he has other ones in his collection. He posts infrequently on FB in the GW groups. I think he doesn't want to sell, but if he gets an offer he can't refuse he will. That's why I think he has the high price.

Also believe it or not he is not the only collector that has an Olli Jokinen focus to his collection and the people who collect Finn players (usually thy are Finns themselves) tend to go nuts for these shirts.

Boy do I feel sorry for all the people that spend $1200+ on doughboy Kessel gamers from real sports. Those have taken a mighty tumble on the secondary market.

There are JVR's on ebay for over 2 grand.

And that's where they will stay until there is a significant price drop. Real sports had a both at the recent memorabilia expo we had here and JVR gamers could be bought for under 1k

If I recall correctly, Real Sports have only had Kessel and Pylon#3 for over a grand on GW Leafs jerseys. I'm surprised the Kessel jerseys didn't drop dramatically in price at the Expo, like other players who left the team.

I don't think this guy is trying to mislead anyone. Looking at the description it seems like he genuinely isn't sure what he has there.

That was my point. I don't know how anybody expects to sell something on eBay when they pretty much admittedly state they know nothing about the item they're selling.

Edited by thebiggoalie

That was my point. I don't know how nobody expects to sell something on eBay when they pretty much admittedly state they know nothing about the item they're selling.

I agree entirely. Wasn't trying to come across in a negative manner