• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm guessing $1000 for Justin Falk's GI jersey and that sort of thing :lol:

:D

I heard from a reliable source that Steiner's Lundqvist jersey went for ten grand.

Yes.. That is true.. It did...

I've heard from a reliable source that Reebok will not even make the Stadium Series jerseys in authentic, for any minimum order.

Granted, Jersey Baron seems to have good sources, but I'm just passing along what I've been told.

I've heard from a reliable source that Reebok will not even make the Stadium Series jerseys in authentic, for any minimum order.

Granted, Jersey Baron seems to have good sources, but I'm just passing along what I've been told.

Interesting. I wonder how Team LA was able to get their batch of Authentics made then

They probably bought extra team stock jerseys.

Possibly, but if this were the case there would have been no point in waiting until mid-February (after the game), to ship blank authentics. A lot of people were wearing replicas to the game (those were ready in time), but I didn't see a single authentic.

Once the excitement of the games has dissipated (for me it was halfway through the second period, but I digress), nobody will be looking for these anymore. So the time for ordering authentic jerseys has come and gone.

Once the excitement of the games has dissipated (for me it was halfway through the second period, but I digress), nobody will be looking for these anymore. So the time for ordering authentic jerseys has come and gone.

Your off your rocker. Tell that to the Rangers fans that blew their wads when Jersey_Baron put up a bunch of authentic winter classic jerseys two years after the game was played.

How many is a bunch? Even if he sold a hundred of them, is that worth it to Reebok to produce, distribute and market them? Doubt it.

Plus, those jerseys were nicer and had more cache because they were actual Winter Classic jerseys. People are already complaining that the SS was too many outdoor games. It's just not the same.

I'm sure the hardcore fans would buy them, but I doubt that is enough to make it make sense fiscally for Reebok.

Sadly and surprisingly I spoke to a handful of fans at the game Sunday who said they didn't like the Rangers WC design and liked the Stadium Series jersey better.

Ranger fans are stupid :P

Sadly and surprisingly I spoke to a handful of fans at the game Sunday who said they didn't like the Rangers WC design and liked the Stadium Series jersey better.

Wow. Totally disagree.

The rangers winter classic is far better than the SS jerseys I think

Yes, I agree... However, I guess am one of those "hard core satisfied idiot Rangers fans" that shelled out big time clams to get a sweater from the game.. :D

How many is a bunch? Even if he sold a hundred of them, is that worth it to Reebok to produce, distribute and market them? Doubt it.

It's my impression that these 2.0's currently being sold by Jersey Baron were special ordered by him through Reebok- he orders what styles and sizes he wants and Reebok makes them to order. Once they are ordered and paid for, Reebok wouldn't have to care whether they sell or not- that's JB's problem. Reebok, at least for now, doesn't seem to mass-produce retail 2.0's to maintain an inventory, which is probably why you don't see many of them available for sale, and why so few dealers carry them. By making retail 2.0's only as a limited-production special ordered product, there would be no risk to Reebok at all- no inventory to maintain, no distribution or marketing costs to speak of.

I'm curious about something. All you Rangers fans who bought 2.0 WC's from JB recently, what are the dates on the born-on stickers? If they say 2012 or even 2013, then they were obviously made AFTER the game, which would be in line with my theory that Reebok made them to order after the fact, and that JB did not simply "find" these anywhere as leftover stock.

Great question LAK74.

I'd also ask the same question to anyone who bought a Bruins 2010 Winter Classic 2.0, since he seems to have an endless supply of those and they were never made available as retail authentics back in '10.