Official Stadium Series thread

mfitz804

The team store at MSG is selling the premiers with triple layer twill customization and the stadium series patch ironed on. Today was the first time I have been to MSG since these were released, so I don't know if this is different than what they had initially. They are $235 customized with the patch.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think this is the first time the replicas are using authentic crests. The replica has a sewn on crest and it is a pretty heavy emblem

Saw the Kings replica up close and yes, they are using a thick, what appears to be poplin fabric, with a permanent adhesive. The crest was full size.

Interesting to see the artwork done on the crest to try and make it look "3D" if you will... Someone spent a great deal of time doing artwork.

Me personally, I like the pewter-colored embroidered crest on the original (darker colored) prototype that Bobcat made on behalf of the Kings and handed over to the NHL and Reebok.

JA, apart from just the lettering, do you happen to know the extent of Bob H's involvement in creating the actual design of the various Kings jerseys (Stadium Series, as well as the current "LA" shield jerseys and the recently-retired crown ones)?

JA, apart from just the lettering, do you happen to know the extent of Bob H's involvement in creating the actual design of the various Kings jerseys (Stadium Series, as well as the current "LA" shield jerseys and the recently-retired crown ones)?

Bob created the original prototype of the Stadium Series jersey. Unfortunately, Reebok made changes to the entire design, starting with the color, which was a dark heather. It is my position that Reebok didn't want to have the material made, and so they went with the gray that they probably have miles of in stock.

The only two ideas carried over from his prototype were the "lace" neck (which Bob's was a full lace, not the "fake" lace) and the "look" of the crest. The crest that he created for the prototype was an embroidered/twill combo in pewter and it looked incredible!

As far as the current, what I call "home plate" jerseys, he made suggestions that went on deaf ears. For example, something so basic is that the black jersey has the glitter silver trim while the white has a flatter gray trim. His point was that the jerseys should match. Again, my position is that this is Reebok's way of not making the more expensive glitter silver fabric for ONE TEAM, which tells me that at some point, Reebok will phase it out.

Thanks, JA, always glad to get your insider info on Kings stuff!

sounds like Reebok also chose to go wit a far cheaper alternative for the crests by not going with his embroidered version. typical Reebok approach to the jerseys. trim the costs, speed up production and increase the price.

i would like to see his crest in comparison now just to see what they shot down

I was 50/50 on the look of the LA Kings Stadium jersey, but when I received my order for the replica and tried it on, I was impressed with the overall look and colors of it. I'm sure the authentic will be more impressive. Just waiting for my order for it to be shipped, whenever that will be.

For most teams, yes.

The Kings are making retail authentics available at their official team store through pre-order. They are advertised as Authentics, but the image is showing the green stripe in the neck area, so no 100% confirmation if they will be 2.0s or Indo

For most teams, yes.

The Kings are making retail authentics available at their official team store through pre-order. They are advertised as Authentics, but the image is showing the green stripe in the neck area, so no 100% confirmation if they will be 2.0s or Indo

I saw many a game jersey (2.0) last night (well, 1am) and can confirm that the Reebok printed seam tape is indeed green.

Lots of weird things going on with these jerseys. I have to say, quality is at an all time low!

Lots of weird things going on with these jerseys. I have to say, quality is at an all time low!

Well, since this jersey is probably going to be a one-game wonder, it wouldn't surprise me if Reebok went cheap like they did with the recent All-Star jerseys. Lighter weight airknit material, crest heat-pressed and not even stitched on, and thinner stretch mesh on the back.

Well, since this jersey is probably going to be a one-game wonder, it wouldn't surprise me if Reebok went cheap like they did with the recent All-Star jerseys. Lighter weight airknit material, crest heat-pressed and not even stitched on, and thinner stretch mesh on the back.

Won't be a one hit wonder unfortunately, however, I don't see life in this jersey past this season.

Airknit seemed thinner than a normal game jersey, but super coarse. Same with the EDGE mesh back panel that the 2.0s have.

Crest is sewn on.

Glad to hear that the crest is at least sewn on!

I saw many a game jersey (2.0) last night (well, 1am) and can confirm that the Reebok printed seam tape is indeed green.

Thanks for the inside scoop Junkyard. So they are 2.0, but just a lesser quality fabric?

Where would you rank them on the 2.0 to 1.0 to IndoEdge scale?

And were these the actual gamers or the retail authentics that TeamLA is selling?

Thanks again

Thanks for the inside scoop Junkyard. So they are 2.0, but just a lesser quality fabric?

Where would you rank them on the 2.0 to 1.0 to IndoEdge scale?

And were these the actual gamers or the retail authentics that TeamLA is selling?

Thanks again

I believe that they are the old practice jersey air knit. That is what it felt like to me, however, the outer part of the fabric was very coarse.

I rank them in the piece of crap category. IMO, all of Reebok's jerseys these days are nothing more than that.

Answered in my post, they are actual game jerseys.

Per Barry Meisel from MeiGray:

Each Stadium Series team will be wearing four jerseys.

--Warmup set goes to NHLPA.
--First period set goes to NHL. Some but not all of the jerseys from that set will be available via auction at NHL Auctions.
--Second period set goes to the team.
--Third period set goes to each player.

The second period "team set" are the ones being sold by the Team's official game worn dealer. So for LA and NJ, that's MeiGray; Steiner for the Rangers; Beckett for Ducks etc.

This echoes what folks heard before, but good to have it confirmed. Plus now we know where the Warmup set goes.