Official Stadium Series thread

mfitz804

I'm just glad that they aren't putting a giant chrome-ified crest on front of the Rangers jerseys and are instead going with diagonal "NEW YORK" (which sadly will probably be chrome-ified).

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

do we know that? I don't see a front in that pic

According to icethetics:

• The Rangers' tradition of diagonal text running down the chest continues. But instead of "RANGERS," it says "NEW YORK." (That design was used back in the early '80s as well as for a 9/11 tribute sweater.)
  • In this case, "NEW YORK" will be blue, outlined in silver and red. It's been chrome-ified.

I don't think anyone knows at this point. I think I read on twitter while cyber-stalking CJ that he was going to the NHL store today to find out. I'm sure he'll post what he finds here.

Also I'm sure some folks will check at the Garden tonight during the game.

Finally, if both of those don't pan out, there's always the mysterious Jersey Baron on eBay :ninja:

Does anyone know if any authentic rangers ones will be released? If so I will head to the garden today and get one.

Matt, If you do, would you take a PayPal payment in advance? Thanks.

I don't think anyone knows at this point. I think I read on twitter while cyber-stalking CJ that he was going to the NHL store today to find out. I'm sure he'll post what he finds here.

Also I'm sure some folks will check at the Garden tonight during the game.

Finally, if both of those don't pan out, there's always the mysterious Jersey Baron on eBay :ninja:

Thanks for the info!

I am just leaving the garden now. They are only selling replica jerseys. They aren't getting authentics. However, the dummy outside is wearing an authentic. I already asked about it and it doesn't belong to MSG, it's on loan from the NHL. Not for sale. I asked the manager. I took pictures on my phone. I'll post them soon.

Not that I would buy one, but the jersey looks far better than I expected.

I am just leaving the garden now. They are only selling replica jerseys. They aren't getting authentics. However, the dummy outside is wearing an authentic. I already asked about it and it doesn't belong to MSG, it's on loan from the NHL. Not for sale. I asked the manager. I took pictures on my phone. I'll post them soon.

Just called the NHL store they only have premiers too..

I thought the video was funny. After watching it a couple times my take:

- Definitely see it as a futuristic style with the chrome, Liberty-style letters. Letters look screen-printed on

- I like that the striping on the sleeves wraps around

- Not a huge fan of the shoulder yoke being separate from the name-plates

- Neck laces and collar with the grey and red outline is nice and rounded in the front

- Inside of neck shows green-striping but, doesn't look exactly like the Indo-Edge

- Blue striping along the bottom hem and up the side of the the torso is very different for a Rangers jersey. Would have preferred white all around with the standard red, white, and blue striping on the bottom.

- Overall, not bad. Definitely unique combination of striping, yokes, and colors for Rangers jersey. I would rate it ahead of the Ducks and Penguins jerseys, on-par with the Islanders, and a notch below the Kings take.

Also, I called the NHL store and they checked their catalogue and said they won't be getting authentics just Premiers. If anyone is going to Garden tonight and can pick one up for me, I will Paypal you. Please let me know.

So they're wearing Wolf Pack jerseys?

Grabbed some screencaps from the video ...

MinXmWG.png

eYdzSZf.png

I'm not really a fan. The chrome stuff continues to annoy me. Maybe if they did everything (patches, crests, name, number) in chrome it'd look okay, but mixing the two makes the chrome stuff just look dirty.

So they're wearing Wolf Pack jerseys?

So THAT'S what I found so appealing! Good call.

There ok I guess. The piping really kills it for me (esp the shoulders as it looks like football pad pattern). I don't mind the chrome front all that much and the liberty font is one of my all time favs. Not too sure I'll get one esp since only premiers are being sold. If they were CCM 550 cut, I would had but I hate premiers and add that there probably going to sell them for $150 for a blank piece of garbage or $230 for a replica player which is hell of alot more than the quality of them.