eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

I'm sure some of you have noticed that authentic olympic jerseys are starting to become available.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Canada-2014-Sochi-Winter-Olympics-Hockey-Jersey-Nike-Red-56-Pro-Authentic-/301092913610?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item461a8941ca

IJ and RCS are also selling at $449.99 CAD + tax. Very, very expensive raincoats.

At least IJ gives you the code discount. Still really pricey.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much what one of the guys in game worms said it seems to have a nameplate change either way thats a nice jersey, rule of thumb with gamers should be always consider the source of the purchase. Also for me personally light wear on a Lever jersey from that time farm is a red flag....

I think he was responding to the pitchfork mob situation from the past couple of days... quite the shitshow indeed.

And, if you're itching for it, do it. See if the seller can ease up on the price. An original Devils 10th Anniversary shirt can only ever add to your collection.

Also, can Slim, sungod, or Mike comment on this? If it's real, it's a piece of history:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DON-LEVER-New-Jersey-Devils-Game-Worn-Used-Jersey-1st-Year-Devils-Jersey-/291079967944

I'm sure some of you have noticed that authentic olympic jerseys are starting to become available.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Canada-2014-Sochi-Winter-Olympics-Hockey-Jersey-Nike-Red-56-Pro-Authentic-/301092913610?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item461a8941ca

IJ and RCS are also selling at $449.99 CAD + tax. Very, very expensive raincoats.

Is anyone carrying USA Authentics?

very very worth it if they win gold jersey will double if not triple in value if they do win gold. 2010 jerseys are going no less then 7k range now with big name players double and triple

I saw one on a Mannequin at Hockey Life in Vaughn Mills in Ontario. I asked if we could buy it, but they said that Nike just shipped the mannequins with authentics US and Canada jerseys and under no circumstance could they sell the US ones

Is anyone carrying USA Authentics?

Another Ranger gamer with a Stocko fight strap!

yep!

What's the over/under on what the Tocchets end up going for?

They wont sell. The tocchets have been relisted over and over and over.

That's a shame, I bet the seller could use that money.

I don't know how I feel about the Leetch. I've seen those gamers before and they're always hammered since they were used throughout the playoffs. That one seems to be a bit light on the wear. The upside down Cosby's stamp seems strange too.

One thing that seems weird about the Leetch is that although the patch looks 100% legit, it's strange that it goes outside the white and into the red.

YEdt4uw.png

Compare it to these two gamers:

Tikkanen and Hirsch (GI)

At first I thought maybe it was because the Leetch was a size 52, but the Tikkanen and the Hirsch are also size 52 (though I'd assume the latter is a goalie cut).

I'm definitely calling the Leetch fake or anything, just pointing out a curiosity.

I know there was the "big patch / little patch" theory but the patches look identical, it's like on the Leetch the blue portion of the shoulder is narrower.

so apparently I was on to something ...

From Barry Meisel of MeiGray posted on gameworn.net

Hi everybody,

A collector reached out to us this morning and pointed out that the Stanley Cup Final shoulder patch on Brian Leetch's white 1994 Stanley Cup Finals jersey in Games 1, 2, 5 and 7, the Rangers' four home games, did not match the placement on this ebay item.

Stu confirmed that research today. We have not examined the jersey listed on ebay, but we can confirm that the placement of the SC Final patch on the ebay item clearly does not match to photos of Leetch's patch in all four Finals home games.

I can also tell you that for years, questionable and outright fraudulent 1994 Finals jerseys, most in white, many of Leetch, Mark Messier, Mike Richter, and Adam Graves have blemished the game-worn landscape.

And an alarming number of these questionable jerseys came with LOAs from more than one dealer whose authentication skills hae not stood the test of increased scrutiny, and basic photo-matching and video-matching research.

Please be very careful.

Barry

Good of MG to post that and nice work dropping the knowledge first!

Ive always been 100% iffy on anything with a Byrons LOA too. Ol' hockeyland is a bit before my time but it seems to have as many, if not more questions than Custom Crafted. Weird stuff.

You vets at IJ continue to impress me. I'd probably be the one guy who thought it was legit before and now, I make sure I research everything to make sure stuff is accurate.