eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

The single biggest point. If you alienate the Canadian buyer from purchasing a hockey jersey which is made in Canada to begin with by using a program that is costing him/her substanial fees for no benefit you are also drastically reducing the number of bids youre going to receive. Even though the winning bid may end up in the US the final value is always boosted by additional bids. I have seen so many jerseys sell way below value due to US bidding only. Great for the Americans on the board, terrible for the seller and Canadians.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That, and their updated fee schedule (10% across the board for auction and fixed price, plus PayPal fees) is really going to stink. eBay is turning into a less attractive place to sell by the minute.

That's what happens when you have an undisturbed monopoly, in this case, over internet auctioning. Sure there are smaller websites trying to get a foothold but for most things people need to buy over the net...the amount of traffic on eBay is unequaled. Amazon can hold it's own in the media/entertainment departments but other than that there isn't a realistic alternative to eBay.

Slim, how do you know about the tag, did you own this one before? From what I've been able to figure out, this might be a newer edition retail authentic that was made well after this jersey design was retired by the Penguins, hence the newer CCM neck tag. The hem stripes are the wrong thickness too (not wide enough). Would you agree, or is there some other reason for the differences? I'm curious.

Comes with an awesomely vague COA: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181310479435

Sad thing is...it COULD be real the place is just cheap when it comes to water marked paper etc.

I once had a letter of rec done from UPS in pursuit of a minor scholarship for college and the letter they sent was something I could have whipped up better in MS Word and Paint, (they attached the UPS logo like it was a little jpg pasted on).

I wasn't talking about the "DO NOT COPY" watermarks, I was referring to the content of the letter itself.

It basically says "it's a gamer, but we can't determine when it was worn or who wore it and you should take our word for it because it came from a prominent but unnamed collector" which kind of defeats the purpose of a COA.

I wasn't talking about the "DO NOT COPY" watermarks, I was referring to the content of the letter itself.

It basically says "it's a gamer, but we can't determine when it was worn or who wore it and you should take our word for it because it came from a prominent but unnamed collector" which kind of defeats the purpose of a COA.

"It could have been worn by a 10 year old playing roller hockey, but trust us, its game worn".

COAs only really mean as much as the issuers name is respected. Hence why PSA certified autographs tend to be more valuable than autographs certified by some sketchy at home company who has a blurry picture of Sidney Crosby's head signing an item that may or may not be the item being sold.....

So unless Pete's Pro Shop has a massive reputation in the game worn industry.....it means just as much as not having a COA at all.

Ok I apologize, I didn't mean the "DO NOT COPY" parts I meant more the overall look of the letter.

LMAO!