eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

You're not wrong, just confused. :) It's a 2.0 but the last picture shows a white replica Reebok sleeve tag, which is not supposed to be on an authentic. Normally retail authentics have a black paper sleeve tag, but since the jersey is supposed to be a TI, it shouldn't even have a Reebok paper tag. So the seller is probably showing a replica tag that doesn't belong to the jersey that's being auctioned.

This may sound like a conspiracy theory, but if you look at the last picture of the sleeve with the Premiere tag, the closet door is open with the jersey hanging in the closet. All the other pictures of the actual 2.0 with 7287 tag are taken with the jersey hanging in front of the closed closet door. Would you hang the jersey to take the last picture? Also, It's not a great picture but the sleeve seems to be thinner more like the Premiere. I think it is 2 different jerseys as well.

Please don't kick my out of this forum, I really think I'm onto something here. Ha.ha

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interestingly, the seller of that Caps jersey won this one just a few weeks ago...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Washington-Capitals-Winter-Classic-Jersey-/131091246330?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1e85a5acfa&nma=true&si=27zuniPOBSKMZQ%252BGyA6jDNTZFDU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I was able to tell by looking through his past feedback.

I think we've taken this a bit too far lol... Honestly, you guys could probably grab a couple boxes of cold cases (not those lol) and solve some real mysteries (although...)

Deleted.

I do think whoever wins that would tell the difference between a 56 and a medium jersey.

If I was going for the jersey I'd still try to get it even with this shadiness going on. It arrives and isn't a 2.0 instant paypal claim and refund.

I really don't think this guy is trying to con anyone, he may have just thought throwing a pic of the official Reebok tags would further legitimize his product somehow

Then again, there are some real oddballs out there so i guess we'll have to wait and see

Its two different sellers... the guy with the 2.0 BOUGHT the size medium. Im pretty confident its not a scam of any sort.

I really don't think this guy is trying to con anyone, he may have just thought throwing a pic of the official Reebok tags would further legitimize his product somehow

I'm with this theory. The seller isn't wrong to think that eBayers would be attracted to a picture of retail tags. What he probably didn't realize was that the 7287 team tag was plenty.

Its two different sellers... the guy with the 2.0 BOUGHT the size medium. Im pretty confident its not a scam of any sort.

I don't think it was either. The bidding went too high for me, so I was out regardless. But I talked to the guy before and he said he's selling it because it was too big. That would explain why he bought a medium.

That's what I said when I brought attention to it, as in "that's where the pictures of the premier tag are likely coming from.

I'm with this theory. The seller isn't wrong to think that eBayers would be attracted to a picture of retail tags. What he probably didn't realize was that the 7287 team tag was plenty.

I don't see how that makes it any less shady. He is intentionally misrepresenting the product. Those tags are not on the jersey he is selling.

That guy lives near me. I know where he's getting them. They're all legit 1.0's.

That dude ( jflames83) is one of the most solid ebay guys I've come across yet. He must have strapped a jet engine to get the package to my door. It was really really fast.

They have reserve prices, at least the few I looked at, so not sure if the low start prices matter.

On the subject of that seller, I was surprised to see this amongst his other seemingly legit gamers.

$_35.JPG

That was the first year the Rangers did the arched name vs. the straight name, however that's a radial arc and I've never seen that font used for the name on a Rangers jersey.

The Binghamton Rangers used that style at times. I'd say that's what it was going off of but the font itself still looks wrong so I have no clue. I guess it's possibly a Binghamton jersey.

Ebay's international shipping program is bullocks, and is pretty much ruining any potential purchases from the US. As an example, for that Leafs right now sitting at $200, they want an additional $73.19 import fees, and it'll only go up as the price goes up....and, of course, that's extra on top of the $22 shipping.

"This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees."

So what are those other fees?

1. Description of Program Fees. The following shipping and import charges (collectively, the “Program Fees”) apply to your purchases of GSP Items:
    1. “International priority shipping” (or “Shipping”): this Program Fee consists of charges associated with the parcel processing and shipping services described above and is comprised of the following variable amounts: your Seller's shipping charges to ship your order to the U.S. Shipping Center; third party international shipping charges to ship your order from the U.S. Shipping Center to your designated delivery address; fuel surcharges; charges for selling, general, and administrative expenses, hardware, software development and licenses, operations, and hosting by Pitney Bowes; charges from third party parcel processing service providers and for the management of the parcel processing service providers and related software systems; charges relating to the management of insurance for lost or damaged items; charges for operational expenses associated with short-term loss recovery and the management of variances between the quoted Shipping amount and actual costs; and any referral fees paid by Pitney Bowes to eBay for referring you to the Program.
    2. “Import charges”: this Program Fee consists of charges associated with the customs service described above and is comprised of the following variable amounts: sales, goods and services, and value added taxes, duties, tariffs, excise taxes, and other amounts assessed or levied by any government authority in connection with the importation of goods into the applicable country of importation (but excluding income taxes) ("Commodity taxes"); third party brokerage fees (including advancement and disbursement charges and customs brokers handling and filing fees); penalties (but excluding any customs duties, taxes, surcharges, fines, penalties, or other charges which may be imposed on you by customs or tax officials after a GSP Item has successfully cleared customs and been delivered to, or made available for pickup at, the delivery address that you specify); classification charges associated with the assignment of a Harmonized System ("HS") classification code; charges for export compliance screening and verification and the assignment of an Export Control Classification Number (ECCN); and operational expenses associated with short-term loss recovery and the management of variances between the quoted Import charges and actual costs. Note: at eBay's discretion, applicable classification and export compliance charges, third party brokerage fees, and operational expenses may instead be included within the Shipping amount that is quoted to you.

So the seller sets a fee for shipping using USPS (for example) based on what it will cost them to ship taking into consideration what services they will want or need (tracking, signature, insurance, etc). While it might cost them an extra $5-10 to ensure they get coverage, as required, the seller should ultimately protect themselves, and the way ebay used to work, the accountability was on them.

Now that ebay's taking over, they're charging for seller's charges to "ship to the US shipping center", then "third party charges to ship to your address", fuel surcharges, all the crap about admin fees for Pitney Bowes (hardware and software development and licenses, really?), seemingly the same crap for "3rd party parcel processing service providers", charges relating to the 'management' of insurance...so the insurance fee paid only includes the actual insurance, but not the management of insurance? Charges associated with short-term loss recovered and the management of variances between what we said it will cost vs what it actually did cost...so just in case we decide to miss-manage things, we're going to charge you in advance, a small fee.

And referral fees....so as long as ebay signed you up for the program, they're getting an additional cut from Pitney Bowes.

After all that, we get import charges - sales, goods and services, and value added taxes, duties, tariffs, excise taxes, and other amounts assessed or levied by any government authority, third party brokerage fees, penalties, or other charges.

I'm tired of reading all this crap, but couldn't help but laugh when I looked up Excise tax