eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

My god are those Montreal ones go for that much or is it still in shill mode?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My god are those Montreal ones go for that much or is it still in shill mode?

Even if he pulled his shill bids, the other guy who was interested had bid at least $400 on the Barberpole one while competing with the shill bids, so he's SOL now.

Well that would explain the still inflated prices.

Man apparently I missed a lot of action since last night.

Well that would explain the still inflated prices.

Yea, that's why slim told him to just pull all the listings and restart them... but I doubt he's going to do that.

So ridiculous... As someone who only collect Habs, look at the prices of the 1910-11 and 1912-13, can get them under $150 or so. TBTC authentics are less than the Patches! (when the come up) I likely would have bid on a few but will resist the urge knowing I could get shafted in the impulsive final few moments. A shame, the jerseys are quite decent for the holes in my collection.

Yeah, I just sold a barberpole on ebay. I listed it at $180 CAD - it had a few watchers but it got 1 bid. I was shocked to see his improperly customized Price running at more than $500 CAD with more than 4 days left.

Even if he pulled his shill bids, the other guy who was interested had bid at least $400 on the Barberpole one while competing with the shill bids, so he's SOL now.

When the shill's bids are retracted (if he did it), the other bidder's original bid would be reinstated as if the shill had never bid. Unless there were other bidders involved, the legit buyer wouldn't be SOL.

It's now at $200 CDN so it looks like the fake bids have been removed. Hopefully he's learned his lesson

Shill bidding isn't just wrong, it's illegal. Just saying "my bad" and deleting the fake bids doesn't cut it. It's ridiculous with multiple people reporting him to eBay, they have done nothing (though sadly not surprising).

Shill bidding isn't just wrong, it's illegal. Just saying "my bad" and deleting the fake bids doesn't cut it. It's ridiculous with multiple people reporting him to eBay, they have done nothing (though sadly not surprising).

It's quite illegal. It's fraud and there have been Federal convictions of people who have entered into shill bidding schemes on eBay.

Once eBay catches up, he will be suspended. But I don't think they initiate criminal proceedings, especially not in such a small scale instance.

This joker actually admitted to doing it, but if all of the bids get retracted and nobody gets hurt, nobody's going to look to prosecute.

Far be it from me to suggest to the powers that be how to run their site, but we don't need people like that here. By posting it here also, he was directly attempting to defraud our membership. He should be banned.

Far be it from me to suggest to the powers that be how to run their site, but we don't need people like that here. By posting it here also, he was directly attempting to defraud our membership. He should be banned.

100% agree

He retracted his bid on the Park

edit: http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=251450501058&aid=0***0&eu=&bidtid=1387859218015&view=BUYER&ssPageName=PageBidderProfileViewBids_Buyer_ViewLink

Now some guy with 3 feedback, bid 44 times on 10 different items with this guy. C'mon man. It's a F(&^*** Richard Park jersey that is incorrectly customized. You should pay me to take it

Unbelievable with this guy.

So instead of just starting the auctions over and being fair, he deleted the 0 feedback bidder and now seems to be using a 3 feedback bidder to shill bid.

Ban this loser.

I've been reading along both here and in the guy's sale thread for the last couple of days and I'd say I was surprised and appalled, but was still giving the guy the benefit of the doubt. Maybe the guy was young and made a bad decision, like Slim said. But now, the 3 feedbacker shilling makes it pretty obvious: The guy is out to gouge anyone and everyone, and made his sale thread to deliberately fish for folks to rail right here within our community. That deserves a ban, without question. We all work hard for our money and have created a safe place here - a brotherhood - to engage in collecting based on honesty and fairness. If a guy has no problem lying to me, gouging me, and soliciting me here under the guise of being my friend and comrade to do so then not only is he a piece of sh1t.....he should be banned.

Yes this piece of s*** deserves more than just a ban for attempting and ultimately scamming people. eBay does nothing about it either and this is proof that some people reported this and nothing's happened.