eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

I picked up one of his Red Wings 1.0s, it definitely looks legit to me

That guy lives near me. I know where he's getting them. They're all legit 1.0's.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy perked my ears

Until I did a bit of research

"Sewn into the collar of this outstanding minor league jersey are the Wilson and Geisler-Jorgen Sporting Goods tagging. Easily confusing this as a 1960’s era NHL St. Louis gamer is a common mistake among hobbyists. The subtle difference being the Wilson manufacturer’s tag, as opposed to the NHL club in St. Louis, who had Rawlings made gamers."

Funny how much there is to know and discover in this little hobby of ours.

Where is he getting them?

A local store near Buffalo, NY.

A local store near Buffalo, NY.

Dave and Adams correct? I remember you talking about it a while back. They were selling for sub $100 back when you brought it up, if they still have some then maybe the price went down further.

Caps wore a set just like that for one game against the Habs, check my gallery I have the Hendricks like that. Thats a leftover, I guess. Impossible to find jersey with the writing in the neck.

FYI, if anyone is interested in that jersey and PMs me what they're thinking, I am happy to bow out if they're going to spend more than I am. I'm not here to drive the price up. I thought it might slip under the radar as it isn't well described and I could get it for cheap. I am not intending to bid a fortune on it.

Interesting how it has the grey reebok tag attached with the white *7287 tag. Grey is what's on premiers while black is on the authentics.

Dave and Adams correct? I remember you talking about it a while back. They were selling for sub $100 back when you brought it up, if they still have some then maybe the price went down further.

Yup. Last I checked the price is still the same (as of December).

Most teams wore 1.0s for the first half of the 2007-2008 season...and that was that.

So then is it a jersey foul to get a 1.0 of a jersey that was only played in 2.0?

I have seen photos of Red Wings game worn jerseys from the Stanley Cup Final in 2008 which are described as Edge 1.0. I have a 2008 Final patch which I intend to eventually put on the one I just bought. In my mind, it is close enough anyway. At least I got an authentic with the vector and not the wordmark.

So then is it a jersey foul to get a 1.0 of a jersey that was only played in 2.0?

Depend who you ask. Plenty of people have 1.0 jerseys of a player that may have only worn it in 2.0. Some of the strictest of folk would find that a foul. I certainly have some 1.0 jerseys that should be 2.0s.

Interesting how it has the grey reebok tag attached with the white *7287 tag. Grey is what's on premiers while black is on the authentics.

I think he's trying to pull a quick one by adding the last pick with premier tags. First pic doesn't have the premier tags hanging in front of the stars. Still a legit and awesome jersey.

Which jersey are you guys talking about?

Caps posted by FlyersFan.

Caps posted by FlyersFan.

I'm confused then. Are they saying they think it's a premier? An Edge 1.0? Or what?

The front looks like air knit to me and it looks like a legit authentic jersey, which says 2.0 to me. Am I wrong?

Guys that Caps jersey is a total fake, and not a TI from the TBTC game. I am totally not planning to bid on it at all.

Also, Jaromir Jagr is the greatest Capital of all time and I really really hope that whomever wins that jersey makes it into a Greenlife52

I'm confused then. Are they saying they think it's a premier? An Edge 1.0? Or what?

The front looks like air knit to me and it looks like a legit authentic jersey, which says 2.0 to me. Am I wrong?

You're not wrong, just confused. :) It's a 2.0 but the last picture shows a white replica Reebok sleeve tag, which is not supposed to be on an authentic. Normally retail authentics have a black paper sleeve tag, but since the jersey is supposed to be a TI, it shouldn't even have a Reebok paper tag. So the seller is probably showing a replica tag that doesn't belong to the jersey that's being auctioned.

You're not wrong, just confused. :) It's a 2.0 but the last picture shows a white replica Reebok sleeve tag, which is not supposed to be on an authentic. Normally retail authentics have a black paper sleeve tag, but since the jersey is supposed to be a TI, it shouldn't even have a Reebok paper tag. So the seller is probably showing a replica tag that doesn't belong to the jersey that's being auctioned.

If the seller is doing that...doesn't that beg the question if the jersey he's trying to pass off is even an authentic and the preimer isn't the "real auction"?

Well since it's a misrepresentation of what it's suppose to be, whoever wins the auction can get a full refund so if that's the intent of the seller, he's a moron.