eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

yeah I was watching that Chara WC as well I had a bid of $85 thinking of course it will be outbid I didn;t think it would end up going that high 0_o makes me want to sell mine

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that WildWing fake last night...I'm not surprised fakes have hit the market, I just cannot believe it took this long. It looks so terrible too, and when I saw it last night it was at $99. I'm sure it will end for a lot, which is a shame cause someone is getting royally screwed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paul-Kariya-XL-Anaheim-Wildwing-jersey-/111253128680?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item19e73405e8

Pretty lazy work. Guy claims he bought it at a garage sale four years ago.....which is impossible since these fakes seem to be very recent.

Assuming they start making fakes of all the old CCM jerseys from the 90s, not just the rare ones, it would probably completely crash the resell market. I've picked up Reebok Premier jerseys for as low as 20 dollars because people are confused, don't know what to buy, or have a false sense of value because they see other "authentic" jerseys with names and numbers "stitched" on eBay for 40.

If you have a Wild Wing you've been holding on to, I'd probably auction it ASAP. There'll always be collectors looking for the real thing, but this will certainly hurt the resale value.

This guy has some 2.0s for about half the price of jerseybaron - http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=221351260383&pt=US_Men_s_Athletic_Apparel&_osacat=0&hash=item33899030df&_ssn=crestedjerseys2011&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.X7287&_nkw=7287&_sacat=0&_from=R40

I asked for pics of the actual jersey for the Lightning for a friend, theyre legit.

I am buying a TB for my son also ,who can customize those any help

A very fishy listing:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Pavel-Datsyuk-Detroit-Red-Wings-Jersey-/151207586109?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2334aca93d

Price is too good to be true... it's newly listed, but also ends in about 8 hours. Jersey also looks a bit big for a 52.

I e-mailed him to ask if the pics are of the actual jersey for sale, but I don't think I need to wait for an answer.

A quick ebay search netted this:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/PAVEL-DATSYUK-DETROIT-RED-WINGS-REEBOK-EDGE-AUTHENTIC-JERSEY-56-/350909005507?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item51b3ce7ec3

Same white background, same dark spot on the lower backside.

I would avoid the allure of a very cheap, properly customized 2.0.

A very fishy listing:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Pavel-Datsyuk-Detroit-Red-Wings-Jersey-/151207586109?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2334aca93d

Price is too good to be true... it's newly listed, but also ends in about 8 hours. Jersey also looks a bit big for a 52.

I e-mailed him to ask if the pics are of the actual jersey for sale, but I don't think I need to wait for an answer.

A quick ebay search netted this:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/PAVEL-DATSYUK-DETROIT-RED-WINGS-REEBOK-EDGE-AUTHENTIC-JERSEY-56-/350909005507?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item51b3ce7ec3

Same white background, same dark spot on the lower backside.

I would avoid the allure of a very cheap, properly customized 2.0.

Definitely avoid. Those pictures are clearly stolen from Locker Room Sports.

If that jersey really is from Locker Room, then it's probably the first one I've seen where the customization doesn't totally suck! :D

Jersey Baron just posted a bunch of customized 2010 Bruins WC 7287s on eBay

Jersey Baron just posted a bunch of customized 2010 Bruins WC 7287s on eBay

hate the B's but man those are gorgeous jerseys.

Awesome style.

Does not look like the numbers are the felt material though.

Is the name font 100% correct?

I am assuming he had Reebok do another run of that style. If I recall correctly, there were no retail authentics available that year (just like there were none for the 2008 game).

Awesome style.

Does not look like the numbers are the felt material though.

Is the name font 100% correct?

I am assuming he had Reebok do another run of that style. If I recall correctly, there were no retail authentics available that year (just like there were none for the 2008 game).

I didn't look at the customization, and admittedly am nothing of a Bruins expert. Just thought I'd post it up here for the Bruins fans who might be interested

http://bit.ly/1abVBjq

Alumni game?

Looks legit. Item is from Bloomfield Hills, MI which is around where Klima lives. Also note the user name (jklima27, an eBay member since 2009 apparently). Google finds that his daughter's name starts with a J. The only other item the user is selling is Klima's golf bag. I'd guess this is his daughter selling for him.

I believe the alumni jerseys had fight straps.. someone confirm.

At least some of the alumni jerseys certainly had fight straps. Here are a couple of definitive examples:

20131231194409_2013-1231-dm-wings-leafs-

Other pictures for other players are certainly less conclusive:

459828147_slide.jpg

We know that SOME of the Red Wings alumni game jerseys certainly had fight straps. As of now, I haven't seen conclusive evidence that all did, nor anything that shows Klima's jersey did (or did not). I can't find a good picture of his jersey though. Best shot I can find of Klima at the moment:

BcwkSl7CIAET0pr.jpg

Okay, I am actually going to revise my previous thinking entirely. Looking at that previous Duchesne picture, it was unclear that there is a fight strap. Well, behold this new finding that clearly shows Duchesne has a fight strap:

7FXtQ6P.png

With that confirmed, take a look at this post-game picture of Duchesne's jersey that we know has a fight strap:

TWBYyye.jpg

Frankly, it really hard to tell it's there at all. My new hypothesis is still that the jersey is being sold by his family (hence the offer to have it signed or not) but that it actually does have a fight strap, it just didn't pick up well in the photo. We've seen from other photos that the fight strap can be hard to discern depending on the picture.

It's hard to see but there are stitchmarks for the fightstrap attachment at the bottom part of the red between the numbers which would be consistent with the others.

$_57.JPG

Thanks, guam. I thought I saw some stitch marks there, but I wasn't sure if my eyes were playing tricks with me. Even before this confirmation, I thought the jersey was 100% the real thing. Unless there is someone who moved to Klima's area, created an eBay account years ago in anticipation of this big moment, and is finally ready for the Petr Klima alumni game jersey long con...

Thanks, guam. I thought I saw some stitch marks there, but I wasn't sure if my eyes were playing tricks with me. Even before this confirmation, I thought the jersey was 100% the real thing. Unless there is someone who moved to Klima's area, created an eBay account years ago in anticipation of this big moment, and is finally ready for the Petr Klima alumni game jersey long con...

Buyer beware, the seller has a longstanding association with a criminal mastermind:

BBLx4-5CQAAUDiT.jpg

Looks legit. Item is from Bloomfield Hills, MI which is around where Klima lives. Also note the user name (jklima27, an eBay member since 2009 apparently). Google finds that his daughter's name starts with a J. The only other item the user is selling is Klima's golf bag. I'd guess this is his daughter selling for him.

Didn't realize this would involve csi Bloomfield to discern if this was legit

Buyer beware, the seller has a longstanding association with a criminal mastermind:

Hahahaha your hatred for #68 knows no bounds.....