eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have seen that damphouse a couple times lol

I owned it for a while. I got it from someone who got it off Brilliant. It had the NHL shield on the hem when I owned it which I removed to make it more accurate. It then went to Slimcutta and now the new owner who has gotten it autographed.

HA! Holy crap, I remember that Damphousse jersey. I bought that thing like 6 or 7 years ago now. I don't even remember who got it off of me initially anymore.

The Klima is legit... 100%...

Wasn't the Damphousse a 48? Hmmm...me thinks it was.

It was, seller is fibbing. I remember it was clearly marked 48 on the neck tag. Definently not a diffferent jersey either. I can see the outline of the shield in the picture.

I think it's crazy there is a reserve at all considering it is the team themselves selling the jersey.

I think it's crazy there is a reserve at all considering it is the team themselves selling the jersey.

I was thinking the same thing.

I've always wondered this. What exactly is the point in bidding prior to the end of the auction? Aren't you theoretically costing yourself money when you get in a bidding battle that far in advance?

Only if you bid lower than what someone else wants to pay. Way easier to just pick the maximum you are willing to pay, place the bid, and just hope you win.

Too many people are on to the "wait until the end" bidding technique, in my experience doing so doesn't really save you any money if there is demand for the item. I sold an iPod today and Isis people bid in the last 5 minutes, and the item still sold for exactly what it should have, those six people ran the bid up to its value and no further.

Only if you bid lower than what someone else wants to pay. Way easier to just pick the maximum you are willing to pay, place the bid, and just hope you win.

Too many people are on to the "wait until the end" bidding technique, in my experience doing so doesn't really save you any money if there is demand for the item. I sold an iPod today and Isis people bid in the last 5 minutes, and the item still sold for exactly what it should have, those six people ran the bid up to its value and no further.

Pretty much this.

Its like people who use "Best Offer" as a freakin negotiating tactic, opening with an insane lowball, and expecting the seller to cut the money in half. Make a best offer, or at least close to it, and move on.

I couldn't agree more. Only you determine what you're willing to spend. I think a lot of people get into to the hype and excitement of trying to beat people with bid sniping which I find kind of silly. If it's something I want, I know what I'm willing to pay, so waiting to place my bid is unnecessary. If someone outbids me, that's fine, they are willing to pay more than I thought it was worth.

I have sold a lot of stuff with a Best Offer feature and some people are ridiculous. I was selling a guitar for $350 and a guy offered $99 including the $35 it would cost to ship, and said. "Sorry dude, that's all I can offer."

I told him I was just trying sell it, not to buy crack. I declined his offer .

On the other hand, I've had people pay the full price (and not a reduced price, a little high if anything) despite the. Best Offer being available. I don't get that, it obviously implies I'm willing to take less.

Hard to explain what goes through the mind.

I have sold a lot of stuff with a Best Offer feature and some people are ridiculous. I was selling a guitar for $350 and a guy offered $99 including the $35 it would cost to ship, and said. "Sorry dude, that's all I can offer."

I told him I was just trying sell it, not to buy crack. I declined his offer .

On the other hand, I've had people pay the full price (and not a reduced price, a little high if anything) despite the. Best Offer being available. I don't get that, it obviously implies I'm willing to take less.

Hard to explain what goes through the mind.

With hitting Buy It Now rather than offering even $10-$20 off, if there are multiple watchers, the person making an offer would be risking someone else making a better offer or hitting Buy It Now, so that's why they hit Buy It Now, rather than offer. If its a fair price, that they're willing to pay, its just like a max offer on a bid. Exact same logic actually.

Rather than waiting to place a bid at the last second hoping to get it for less than you're willing to pay, if you're willing to pay the Buy It Now price, you do rather than making an offer.

But yea, I enjoy laughing at the idiots who lowball or try to negotiate with Best Offer, like a major lowball offer, then move like $50 on their next offer. Stupid.

With hitting Buy It Now rather than offering even $10-$20 off, if there are multiple watchers, the person making an offer would be risking someone else making a better offer or hitting Buy It Now, so that's why they hit Buy It Now, rather than offer. If its a fair price, that they're willing to pay, its just like a max offer on a bid. Exact same logic actually.

Rather than waiting to place a bid at the last second hoping to get it for less than you're willing to pay, if you're willing to pay the Buy It Now price, you do rather than making an offer.

But yea, I enjoy laughing at the idiots who lowball or try to negotiate with Best Offer, like a major lowball offer, then move like $50 on their next offer. Stupid.

Yeah, like anything, you run the risk if its something rare or in demand. But if its not, there's usually time to make an offer. Especially since people are less likely to just hit BIN when they know the seller will take less.

I would have to include the best offer auctions where the asking price is laughable so those people can be laughed at too. Yes I get the it's yours and you can ask whatever you want for something but reality has to sink in somewhere.

You guys are aware that you can set your auctions to auto decline any offer that is below an amount you set.

Yup, I'm aware of that. Unfortunately, those wishing to make lowball offers often just message you after their crappy offer is declined.