eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And with that rangers jersey a page or two back, it's that same seller every time. If you look though his jerseys a good percentage of them have the ms paint numbers if that is what we want to call them :noway:. Here is another one from him lol. It's funny how on some he shows a bunch of pictures closer up then on the "ms paint" ones he only had like one pictures.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Reebok-CCM-Phoenix-Coyotes-Oliver-Ekman-Larsson-Jersey-Authentic-52-FIght-Strap-/191074685634?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2c7cf052c2

Game worn NYR Beezer.... Looks like it was worn by a mechanic in an auto repair garage... LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/F2-10-John-Vanbiesbrouck-GAME-USED-WORN-JERSEY-15-Different-Signatures-RARE-/321120333707?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac4436f8b

Game worn NYR Beezer.... Looks like it was worn by a mechanic in an auto repair garage... LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/F2-10-John-Vanbiesbrouck-GAME-USED-WORN-JERSEY-15-Different-Signatures-RARE-/321120333707?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac4436f8b

I don't get that one. It's been up there for at least three months.

I don't get that one. It's been up there for at least three months.

The seller is hopeful...

If I remember correctly someone had been asking about these lately, needs a little work but if you don't mind the signature it's a decent enough price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KEVIN-STEVENS-PITTSBURGH-PENGUINS-CENTER-ICE-MASKA-AUTHENTIC-SIGNED-JERSEY-52-/310883915952?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item48622018b0

Speaking of eBay, I'm curious about something. For those of you who regularly sell on eBay. When it comes to shipping items is the selection only for USPS? Or does it allow FedEx and UPS as well? Or if a buyer requests a different service, (and obviously pays for it), is there a way to change that etc?

Thanks.

Speaking of eBay, I'm curious about something. For those of you who regularly sell on eBay. When it comes to shipping items is the selection only for USPS? Or does it allow FedEx and UPS as well? Or if a buyer requests a different service, (and obviously pays for it), is there a way to change that etc?

Thanks.

You can offer USPS, UPS, or FedEx.

But in my experience, the UPS eBay shipping calculator is always off by $4-5, which is extremely frustrating.

Thanks.

You have to send a new invoice to the buyer.

An example is, if you only offer USPS Expedited (or what ever the term is) which costs 10 dollars, and the buyer asks if you'd ship with a Fedex overnight service, and after checking your see it'll cost 30 dollars. Assuming you both agree to the costs, you can send an invoice with a 30 dollar shipping charge, instead of the original 10. You have to manually put it in as a flat rate shipping charge rather than using a calculator, so for certain services you might have to figure out how much shipping will cost before sending the invoice.

Just make sure the service has tracking, and has signature confirmation if the total cost of the transaction is over a certain amount. I think that amount is 300 dollars. (Cost of transaction means both shipping and the item together....so if the item is 290, and shipping is 30....then the transaction requires signature confirmation.)

I'm not sure if the amount is 300, but if you don't get signature confirmation, even if your tracking shows the item arrived safely, the buyer can initiate a charge back and get their money back instantly....

Also, make sure what ever service the buyer is requesting also has insurance, and include the cost of insurance bundled in with the total shipping. eBay no longer allows sellers to charge optional insurance for an extra amount. It is implied that the seller is now responsible for the item arriving safely. Meaning, if you send somebody an item that arrives damaged or broken, or gets lost by the postal office, regardless of who is at fault, the buyer is entitled to a refund because you didn't get them their item safely. Insurance allows you to get the value back from the post office after refunding the buyer.

Long answer, but the more you know.....

Thanks a lot guys...

I was wondering this if I wanted to get into selling as well as because I know as a buyer I always wished an overnight or 2 day was offered from like UPS etc.

When you list the item, you leave the shipping generic, ie Economy shipping or Expedited shipping and put whatever price. Then if you and the buyer need a particular service, you can make that change in the invoice or just chose that option when you print the label. For instance, I know my Canadian buyers don't like me to use UPS because of the fees they have I guess for import taxes that USPS and Canadian post does not have.

Now is your chance to buy not one, but two Cam Neely "game-worn replicas" on eBay.

The seller is trying to be honest by saying they not game worn at all and I'm sure that listing them as "Custom Crafted Specials" wouldn't be any better. I just think the phrase "game-worn replicas" was funny.

Now is your chance to buy not one, but two Cam Neely "game-worn replicas" on eBay.

The seller is trying to be honest by saying they not game worn at all and I'm sure that listing them as "Custom Crafted Specials" wouldn't be any better. I just think the phrase "game-worn replicas" was funny.

The seller is being extremely honest. They are exactly like Cam wore (he liked the ultrafil. Makes me think he was a collector too. Lol)

And just FYI, the seller is a very active (and honest) member here.

These were all just recently sold by the Monarchs on eBay, right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manchester-Monarchs-LA-Kings-Night-game-worn-Jersey-Burger-King-Zach-OBrien/251462714749?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131231084308%26meid%3D5155212926445936147%26pid%3D100010%26prg%3D20131231084308%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D24%26sd%3D251462435660

They were. Seems that the buyer wants to cash-in. But more interesting is the shirt itself. The close-up shot of the material shows that it is Bauer knit, but it's obviously tagged as Reebok. This supports the idea that the big companies (Adidas, Nike, etc.) take Canadian-made jerseys and brand them for the on-ice product.

Custom Crafted special is a great buzz word to rustle the GW community's jimmies. If I were trying to sell them as game-worn, wouldn't ya think I'd shoot a little higher than $300 per?

This is part of the reason I'm clearing out and calling it in on collecting...

Angelo - I didn't realize it was you. I did try to make it clear that I thought the seller was trying to be honest, I was simply saying I thought the phrase "game-worn replica" was funny. I agree that calling them CC special wouldn't have been better. And I don't think you are trying to sell them as anything more than what they really are.

TLDR version: I was too quick to make a joke, that wasn't even funny. Sorry Angelo.

Wasn't someone on here looking for a 95/96 CCM Pooh Bear?

I know they are a one year jersey / hard to find in a CCM.

This is part of the reason I'm clearing out and calling it in on collecting...

So why did I send you that patch?

You son of a...I'll hunt you down! I know where you live!!!