It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both are genuine. GTH is a good seller.

Yup, GTH is good. Also I've seen him take surprisingly low offers on his listings. I got one he listed at $150 for $100. 1/3 off isn't bad. I offered, he countered and I countered with my original, told him that's all I could do and he accepted. Pretty cool.

rocky mountain has been mentioned here before, legit seller.

Thanks. Thought I'd seen them mentioned, but wanted to make sure I'm passing on solid info.

That's a legit replica.

Legit replica, but for barely more than that price you can pick up a blank authentic and send it to Denver Athletic. Then you'd have an accurate, on-ice spec. authentic jersey. My white authentic Forsberg was bought blank and ran me $100. Customization at DA was $75. AND...I've recently seen a few authentic avs jerseys in smaller sizes go for much cheaper than $100. Your replica listing is $150 with shipping. I'd say spend the extra $30 bucks or so & be a little patient and you'll have a much nicer jersey.

Legit replica, but for barely more than that price you can pick up a blank authentic and send it to Denver Athletic. Then you'd have an accurate, on-ice spec. authentic jersey. My white authentic Forsberg was bought blank and ran me $100. Customization at DA was $75. AND...I've recently seen a few authentic avs jerseys in smaller sizes go for much cheaper than $100. Your replica listing is $150 with shipping. I'd say spend the extra $30 bucks or so & be a little patient and you'll have a much nicer jersey.

good to know, thanks buddy. However I'm from Atlantic Canada, wouldn't it cost me a lot more to send it all the way to Denver and back?

good to know, thanks buddy. However I'm from Atlantic Canada, wouldn't it cost me a lot more to send it all the way to Denver and back?

Yeah it would cost more. Didn't realize you were in Canada. But for whatever extra it costs, it would be a much nicer jersey. I'll say this: I got into hockey jersey collecting about 8-9 months ago. I started buying old blank replica avs jerseys with the intention of having them done up with all my favorite players' names & numbers. About a month or so in, I found an authentic Drury in mint condition in my size on Ebay and won it as the only bidder for $91. As soon as I got it I knew I would never buy another replica jersey and I knew I would never get the ones I'd already bought customized. There really is a difference in the quality, as well as the personal knowledge that I have something most fans don't. Along the way I've also begun to notice small details in customization of avs jerseys - lettering, nameplate material, name curve and even number fonts. The listing you posted is factory customized by CCM. That means the number font is not on-ice font and is not the same as Denver Athletic uses for the players. Open your listing in a window, then click on my link in my sig & find my white Forsberg authentic on my Photobucket page in another window. Get your windows so the two pics are side by side and look at the difference between the "2"s. Notice the DA "2" has more curve and isn't as skinny. DA also cuts off the tip of the point at the bottom of the "2", where factory customizers and other pro customizers like EPS don't. And DA's numbers are layered so that the blue bottom layer and the silver "dazzle" layer are thicker and more prominent. Now, these tiny details may not bother some. In fact my two best friends routinely make fun of me because I let such small stuff bug me and I'm so proud of my authentic jerseys. But I honestly do notice the difference every time I see someone with a jersey that isn't correctly done, and it does bug me. So, you can make the call, but if you're like me (and let's be honest, you just signed up as a member of IceJerseys Forum for christsake!) you'll love an authentic and you'll know the extra money and time were worth it. Let me know if I can help with anything else - here or on HFBoards -

Edit: Here's a thought. Win an auction on Ebay, have the jersey sent to me (I'm in Denver), let me know who you want on the jersey (Forsberg would be your first, I assume) and I'll take it in, get it done, then you can PayPal me DA's fee plus shipping to you. That'll save you shipping one way at least.

Yeah it would cost more. Didn't realize you were in Canada. But for whatever extra it costs, it would be a much nicer jersey. I'll say this: I got into hockey jersey collecting about 8-9 months ago. I started buying old blank replica avs jerseys with the intention of having them done up with all my favorite players' names & numbers. About a month or so in, I found an authentic Drury in mint condition in my size on Ebay and won it as the only bidder for $91. As soon as I got it I knew I would never buy another replica jersey and I knew I would never get the ones I'd already bought customized. There really is a difference in the quality, as well as the personal knowledge that I have something most fans don't. Along the way I've also begun to notice small details in customization of avs jerseys - lettering, nameplate material, name curve and even number fonts. The listing you posted is factory customized by CCM. That means the number font is not on-ice font and is not the same as Denver Athletic uses for the players. Open your listing in a window, then click on my link in my sig & find my white Forsberg authentic on my Photobucket page in another window. Get your windows so the two pics are side by side and look at the difference between the "2"s. Notice the DA "2" has more curve and isn't as skinny. DA also cuts off the tip of the point at the bottom of the "2", where factory customizers and other pro customizers like EPS don't. And DA's numbers are layered so that the blue bottom layer and the silver "dazzle" layer are thicker and more prominent. Now, these tiny details may not bother some. In fact my two best friends routinely make fun of me because I let such small stuff bug me and I'm so proud of my authentic jerseys. But I honestly do notice the difference every time I see someone with a jersey that isn't correctly done, and it does bug me. So, you can make the call, but if you're like me (and let's be honest, you just signed up as a member of IceJerseys Forum for christsake!) you'll love an authentic and you'll know the extra money and time were worth it. Let me know if I can help with anything else - here or on HFBoards -

Edit: Here's a thought. Win an auction on Ebay, have the jersey sent to me (I'm in Denver), let me know who you want on the jersey (Forsberg would be your first, I assume) and I'll take it in, get it done, then you can PayPal me DA's fee plus shipping to you. That'll save you shipping one way at least.

Woah..Seriously? That would be wicked bro, I'm in no rush of getting a jersey as of right now( In the middle of university exams) however I would defiantly remember that. And yeah, I want to get the best quality Forsberg jersey I can more so then future jerseys.

Also I was looking through your photos and the name plates appear to be glued on, does DA not stitch names onto the jerseys?

Name on HF is the same as it is on here by the way.

Woah..Seriously? That would be wicked bro, I'm in no rush of getting a jersey as of right now( In the middle of university exams) however I would defiantly remember that. And yeah, I want to get the best quality Forsberg jersey I can more so then future jerseys.

Also I was looking through your photos and the name plates appear to be glued on, does DA not stitch names onto the jerseys?

Name on HF is the same as it is on here by the way.

Yeah, I could do that. It may take a little longer that way. It could take me a week or two to find a day to drive over there, and they take about a month to do a jersey (don't ask me what takes so long), then I'd need to find another day to pick up, but if you're in no hurry, I could do that for a fellow Forsberg fan & avs jersey geek. Another thought occurred to me as well...you may also try contacting Denver Athletic (Julie Fredericksen is the jersey sales person) and see if you could have the Ebay seller ship directly to them. Thinking about it, who cares who sends them the jersey, right? Email Julie, tell her you have a jersey on the way & include your instructions in the email and your return address. The ebay seller won't know their address from any other, and as long as they know it's coming I don't see why DA would care who it comes from. Anyway, if not I'm available to take it over for you if they say no. PM me here or at HF when you see something you want to buy and let me know how you want to proceed. Also, do you know what make/size jersey you want? Most of mine are Starter Mesh, which is by far my favorite and vastly superior to CCM jerseys in my opinion. The 2001 all star is CCM and I have a blank burgundy 3rd, also CCM/Koho, but Starter Meshes are like butta. A medium replica is about equivalent to a 46 or 48 Starter Mesh and a 46 CCM (which are hard to find). If I know what you're looking for, I can PM you if I happen to see something on Ebay.

As for the nameplates, I believe they use a light adhesive and also add a light layer of backing material between the plate material and the jersey. They probably starch it to stiffen it up a little too. I know they use a light adhesive to bond the individual letters to the plate, but then they do sew each letter on the plate, and finally sew the plate around the perimeter to the jersey. The stitching is done very well and must not be visible in the pics. if my kids hadn't dropped my camera last week & broke it, I'd take close-ups of the stitching for you, but my 5 year old and 3 year old are unstoppable!

I'm 99% its fake. There is a rash of these Nordiques jerseys going around that, in crappy eBay pics look to be good. I know because I was had. I still have the jersey, I should post a comparison so people can be more aware of them.

Fake Fake Fake sweater... Not to mention the 75th anniversary patch that is on there is from the 1992 NHL season.. Foppa was 18 years old that season and was playing for MODO in Sweden..

Definitely fake. The white sleeve tips are too long and appear to be stitched to the blue portion of the sleeves, which shouldn't be the case. Same with the hem.

Thanks, I was more or less just watching it - I did bid when it was low but thought something didn't look right.

The crest looked a little off compared to the one I own and the white stitching across / under the wash tag should be blue, or at least it is on the one I have.

I never even thought about the 75th patch not being right for the year he played there.

You guys are so SMRT!... oop, I mean smArt!

At any rate the seller DID mention that he was informed it was not an authentic so I don't foresee the buyer getting a refund or being able to return it.

At $ 177.51 Looks like someone is going to be very disappointed.

The fakes on eBay seem to be getting better. On inspection of the inside of the jersey, it seems that the fight strap and numbers are really fishy, but man does the rest of it actually look decent (like a factory-customized shirt).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boston-Bruins-Authentic-Zdeno-Chara-Captains-Jersey-/110973004317?pt=US_Mens_Athleticwear&hash=item19d681aa1d

Yeah, even the overall shape, especially the tapering of the sides, hem and sleeve tips looks more like an authentic than the usual fakes do.

What do you guys think of this one? Yes it has the team tagging in the rear hem but I've never seen one with the silver stripe on the bottom. I have an authentic white one and the prototype green with the silver shoulders and both of them are sans stripe.

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

Edit: Questioned answered

ana97b-bannister.jpg

Edited by twi

What do you guys think of this one? Yes it has the team tagging in the rear hem but I've never seen one with the silver stripe on the bottom. I have an authentic white one and the prototype green with the silver shoulders and both of them are sans stripe.

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

Same jersey (different player) here. Looked good to me.

Hi guys. I'm thinking about buying this one. Is is an authentic or a replica? Thanks in advance!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230877720060?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Hi guys. I'm thinking about buying this one. Is is an authentic or a replica? Thanks in advance!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230877720060?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

That's authentic. Though an overpriced BIN price.