It is good or not?

lafountain

57 minutes ago, Crash Line said:

I saw those which is what made me somewhat confused. Thanks. 

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Cygnus X-1 said:

But the rest of the season the blues were Koho?

Correct. 

53 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Correct. 

Thanks for the info (as always). Odd though. 

• 1 year later...

This seller offers authentic/team issued jerseys from players that were on the ASG 2011 rosters. The jerseys have MeiGray tags, but the serial numbers can't be found in the population report (except for the two ASG 2011 game isssued jerseys)  The jerseys aren't fake, but I try to figure out the MGG tags. My best guess is that these were unused jerseys for photo shoots and/or promotional stuff? I bought a Blackhawks Keith jersey because I couldn't resist :D

Here's the link to the ebay store: https://www.ebay.com/str/dollarbelowthelow?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=Fz-Wt2-hSvq&sssrc=3418065&ssuid=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

My best guess is that they were unused blanks, like you said. Probably customized after the fact. Odd though that they would have an inventory number that isn’t part of any population report. I’ve bought TI blanks from MGG before and they don’t have any tagging in them. 

On 9/26/2022 at 12:18 PM, amonte78 said:

I bought a Blackhawks Keith jersey because I couldn't resist :D

I’m assuming you bought the one with MeiGray serial # H06328.

That jersey was prepared for use in the Skills Competition at the 2011 All-Star Game.  Both red and white jerseys were issued for Keith, who wore the red one in the competitions, so the white one remained unused, so it should be considered “event-issued.”  I believe EPS would have lettered those, so look carefully at the lettering, and there will be slight differences from the on-ice ones lettered by CSL.  The E in Keith will have a center post that’s a bit too long, and the stitching should be extremely tight, with a stitch length that is ever so slightly shorter than what CSL does.

Edited by LAK74

16 hours ago, LAK74 said:

That jersey was prepared for use in the Skills Competition at the 2011 All-Star Game.  Both red and white jerseys were issued for Keith, who wore the red one in the competitions, so the white one remained unused, so it should be considered “event-issued.”  I believe EPS would have lettered those, so look carefully at the lettering, and there will be slight differences from the on-ice ones lettered by CSL.  The E in Keith will have a center post that’s a bit too long, and the stitching should be extremely tight, with a stitch length that is ever so slightly shorter than what CSL does.

Yes, I bought that one.

Thanks a lot for the detailed info!

Edited by amonte78

On 9/27/2022 at 10:59 PM, LAK74 said:

Very interesting information. 
I've seen EPS's work and it is consistent with that jersey. 
I heard EPS was trying to take over the contract for many teams and they were doing many of the event jerseys for the Hawks. 

One question is that I have had a few Adidas jerseys done by CSL and they told me that little to none of the Hawks players wore size 58
I specifically asked what size Keith wore and was told he wore 56's. 
I get that this white is a Reebok and not Adidas but I thought the sizes were similar if not that Reebok ran a little larger than Adidas. 
Would Keith have worn a different size for a skills competition? 

On 10/2/2022 at 9:29 PM, Hockey Bob said:

Would Keith have worn a different size for a skills competition? 

According to MeiGray's population report, Keith wore a size 58 red jersey for the skills competition and his other ASG jerseys from that year were also size 58.

4 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Do players wear all of their pads for skills competitions?

Pretty sure they do. I think they leave their helmets off but looks like they at least have their chest/shoulder gear on. 

On 10/2/2022 at 12:29 PM, Hockey Bob said:

I heard EPS was trying to take over the contract for many teams and they were doing many of the event jerseys for the Hawks. 

This particular case, I’m sure, had nothing to do with EPS doing event jerseys specifically for Chicago.  For a long time EPS has lettered ALL the team jerseys for the Skills Competitions at the All-Star games.  For teams like LA and Boston, whose lettering is almost never duplicated 100% accurately by companies other than the team customizers, you can see that the kits are noticeably off on the player jerseys, and look exactly like what you would get if you sent an identical jersey to EPS for customizing.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

New to the board! Glad to have found seemingly the only place where this sort of thing is happening. I’ve been looking at getting a Red Wings jersey and came across this Reebok Zetterberg jersey. 

I have reservations about the numerals; the “0” on all Red Wings jerseys have 90-degree angles on the interior, not the little chamfer. The jersey seems legit, and the lettering looks at least to be the correct font. I’ve seen two other jerseys with the same “0” scenario, so perhaps this is something done by a local shop or something. But, I can’t find any evidence the Red Wings ever had jerseys with those numerals. 

I’m going with fake.

AFA406B8-67C3-4BBA-951F-3CC46F5A97E9.jpeg

003B94A9-F4B1-4BE4-9155-64E6E8456948.jpeg

It's hard to be sure because the details are not that clear in the picture you provided, but the back material appears to have the same texture as that of a Reebok Premier jersey.  I would guess it's more likely than not to be a legit Premier with an inaccurate lettering job.  (Plenty of legit jerseys have bad lettering jobs, so as someone above wisely said, it doesn't necessarily mean the jersey is fake.)  If you provide pictures of the rest of the jersey, including the neck tagging, we can easily tell you whether it's legit or not.