It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New to the site. Not sure how to attach pics so i'll try to link this jersey. thanks.real? replica? fake? I have more pics i can show.the sig is JSA COA

Id like to see more pics and maybe a couple extra details but Im 99% sure its fake.

It is definitely not authentic, just might be a poorly customized replica.

Does it have a fight strap?

What size is it? (if it is 48, its automatically fake)

100% fake

Fight strap is a dead giveaway. Should be sewn to a piece of twill like this

IMG_0336.jpg

From what I can see, it looks fake. To be more certain, it's best to provide a shot of the entire jersey to see the overall shape, plus closeups of the neck area with tags, and the fight strap with its attachment. These are the areas where fakes tend to give themselves away.

Edit: Didn't see the pics until after I posted this. Yep, fake alright.

WC Malkin Jersey

Went to check the Population report from MeiGray and the number E05768 belongs to Alan Nasreddine. Ad says the jersey is a size 50, but Malkin wears a 56. Can't contact the seller either.

The giveaway should've been the 6100 neck tag. That's just ridiculous.

had a feeling...(fight strap attachment)...sad thing is it was bought from a big sports mem store in the concord mall in wilmington DE. so i should also assume that the JSA cert and hologram are fake?? or did someone have a fake signed? and thanks guys for the fast replies..

any opinions on this one from what you can see(no pics of tags or fight strap)??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190767399601?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Just because the jersey is fake doesn't necessarily mean the autograph is fake. The letter of authenticity usually refers only to the autograph, not the jersey.

had a feeling...(fight strap attachment)...sad thing is it was bought from a big sports mem store in the concord mall in wilmington DE. so i should also assume that the JSA cert and hologram are fake?? or did someone have a fake signed? and thanks guys for the fast replies..

any opinions on this one from what you can see(no pics of tags or fight strap)??

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1497.l2649

Im no autograph expert but I wouldn't assume just because the jersey is fake, that means the auto is fake. I don't think there is anything that prohibits someone from bringing a counterfeit jersey to a autograph signing.

As Brandon has said, that one is fake. And actually proves that you can get fake jerseys signed at signings. That Giroux has a AJ Sports LOA, they are 100% legit even though the jersey is fake.

For reference, if you want to get a visual comparison between a real authentic jersey and a fake, take a look at my Giroux Winter Classic jersey (click on "my jerseys") and compare with that fake. The differences are pretty clear. Pay close attention to the colour, logo and name and numbers.

no need to be sorry guys..thanks for all the info...i may not have been able to spot a fake jersey, but i'm smart enough to protect my money...

im not surprised by the ebay fake...but the pics i posted of the jersey i bought at a pretty big sports mem store in the concord mall in wilmington DE..that surprises me...now when i go back to discuss the issue with this guy(get my money back) is it your opinions that this jersey is NOT a replica with a fight strap badly sewn in?? And another thing..this thing repels water like you wouldn't believe...are they spraying fakes with water repellent now? again thanks for all the info..it was very helpful...anybody selling any signed Giroux jerseys?

no need to be sorry guys..thanks for all the info...i may not have been able to spot a fake jersey, but i'm smart enough to protect my money...

im not surprised by the ebay fake...but the pics i posted of the jersey i bought at a pretty big sports mem store in the concord mall in wilmington DE..that surprises me...now when i go back to discuss the issue with this guy(get my money back) is it your opinions that this jersey is NOT a replica with a fight strap badly sewn in?? And another thing..this thing repels water like you wouldn't believe...are they spraying fakes with water repellent now? again thanks for all the info..it was very helpful...anybody selling any signed Giroux jerseys?

Definitely not a replica. Replicas are in letter sizes (ex. small, medium, large, etc) authentics are in numerical sizes (ex. 52, 54, 56, etc). All fakes attempt to replicate authentic jerseys, hence why that fake is in numerical sizing

cool...thanks man...here is the FB page of the store i bought the jersey in....very shocking...is it common for stores such as this to sell fakes?

https://www.facebook...115034301851109

I've been to that store a couple times and yes, they have had fakes for sale there before.

I'll agree with Orangecrush. A Reebok Premier replica will have a jock tag on the lower front part of the jersey, and an embroidered Reebok logo near the left sleeve tip. The collar shouldn't be made of that textured material, and the neck tag and collar striping look suspect. It looks like an out-and-out fake, not a replica "dressed up" as an authentic.

thanks again you guys....very very helpful...you know its not the money...its the principal...i would willing pay for a jersey..why a store like that has to sell fakes it beyond me...

can anyone make a suggestion as to which of these you'd buy (IF ANY)??(except the one framed)pointing me to an item number would be most helpful...thanks again...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2897.m570.l1313&_nkw=CLAUDE+GIROUX+SIGNED+PHILADELPHIA+FLYERS+JERSEY+&_sacat=0&_from=R40

It all depends what really matters to you.

For example, all of those jerseys have incorrect customization, so that would steer me away. If that doesn't really matter to you, then its no big deal.

As well, the prices are pretty high. You said you're from Wilmington, DE (or close to) so not too far from Philly. Not sure if you're ever in the area but you could get a jersey at a game or the various Flyers Skate Zones (who will have proper customized jerseys). Jersey would probably run you about $175. The Flyers also run their charity carnival every year so you could get it signed there. All in all, it would take more time, but the jersey and the auto would be cheaper, plus you get the experience of actually having Claude sign it with you there.

It all depends what really matters to you.

For example, all of those jerseys have incorrect customization, so that would steer me away. If that doesn't really matter to you, then its no big deal.

As well, the prices are pretty high. You said you're from Wilmington, DE (or close to) so not too far from Philly. Not sure if you're ever in the area but you could get a jersey at a game or the various Flyers Skate Zones (who will have proper customized jerseys). Jersey would probably run you about $175. The Flyers also run their charity carnival every year so you could get it signed there. All in all, it would take more time, but the jersey and the auto would be cheaper, plus you get the experience of actually having Claude sign it with you there.

again thanks for taking your time my friend...truth is..with my situation i dont get out much right now, so i'm kind of stuck with having to order one..i'm looking for a signed 12' Giroux winter classic or 11' all-star...

again thanks for taking your time my friend...truth is..with my situation i dont get out much right now, so i'm kind of stuck with having to order one..i'm looking for a signed 12' Giroux winter classic or 11' all-star...

No worries, Im happy to help out!

You will probably have a tough time finding an already customized Giroux All Star jersey.

Of the jerseys you posted, its best to go with the AJ Sports jerseys - the jerseys are legit and they are an extremely reputable company in terms of autograph signings.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CLAUDE-GIROUX-Philadelphia-Flyers-SIGNED-2012-Winter-Classic-Hockey-Jersey-/330843331243?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item4d07cc9aab

Definitely don't pay for the jerseys that are $400+, those prices are asinine.

thats the 1 i was leaning towards just based on some of the things you guys pointed out...the white boarder around the numbers is much thicker (about 1/2') compared to the 1/8' boarder around the 1st WC i listed..i know it doesn't have the "A" but i can live without that for buying a legit jersey...those signed Giroux "RBK premiere" all-star jerseys look ok...definitely not paying 400+ for a jersey unless it comes with a Cup victory guarantee for the Flyers

on edit..the small sleeve numbers are not right...where'd you get yours?

the white boarder around the numbers is much thicker (about 1/2') compared to the 1/8' boarder around the 1st WC i listed..i know it doesn't have the "A" but i can live without that for buying a legit jersey...

on edit..the small sleeve numbers are not right...

It looks like you're beginning to see just how difficult it is to find jerseys that are customized properly. Unfortunately for you, Flyers jerseys are some of the most difficult of all to get right. If you buy one already customized, like the ones you are looking at on eBay, there will almost always be something wrong with it. For this reason, most of us here who are quite particular about customization details, prefer to buy blank jerseys and then carefully select a customizer who knows how to do the particular jersey well. Of course this won't help you if you absolutely have to have an autograph. Personally, I'd much rather have a nicely done authentic jersey without an autograph than an inaccurately-customized replica, no matter whose autograph it had. But that's just my personal feeling.

i'm looking for a signed 12' Giroux winter classic or 11' all-star...

I'm not sure which All-Star jerseys you're looking at, but the ones of Giroux I've seen on eBay have a few customization issues. The ones sold by Locker Room Sports don't seem to have the sublimated stripes on the back numbers, and the font on the nameplate is way off. The ones sold by AJ look better, although the nameplate font is slightly off as well, and the nameplate itself is cut rectangularly instead of with oval shaped ends. They also don't seem to have the Flyers patch on the shoulder, although you could buy one separately and then have it sewn on.

If you want to see a nicely done authentic Giroux All-Star, member JohnnyOnTheSpot (number one Giroux fan) has one in his collection:

http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/af117/JohnnyOnTheSpot_album/My%20Collection/?action=view&current=HPIM3129.jpg

http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/af117/JohnnyOnTheSpot_album/My%20Collection/?action=view&current=HPIM3130.jpg

cool...thanks man...here is the FB page of the store i bought the jersey in....very shocking...is it common for stores such as this to sell fakes?

https://www.facebook...115034301851109

I know in Manchester the mall sports shop has a few knockoffs that are signed in frames asking well over $500 for them I get a good laugh everytime I go in

Not stores in malls but stores in flea markets maybe. Thats really a bummer its hit that level.

I disagree with that. There were a few pro image stores that I seen that sold fakes. It's sad that even some retail places sells fakes.