It is good or not?

lafountain

So if it's just a size tag, that's authentic?

The seller says the jersey has a fight strap? Obviously I'm a n00b to all this.

No. If a jersey has a tag on the neck that says "official licensed merchandise", but also has a numeric size tag (50, 52, 54 etc) and a fight strap, it's fake. The correct neck tagging would say "authentic on-ice jersey" or "center ice collection" depending on the manufacturer. Reebok jerseys are the most commonly faked jerseys, but those old school Pens are just as popular for knockoffs.

Just because a jersey has a fight strap doesn't make it real. All the fakes have fight straps (or poor excuses for fight straps) - That doesn't make a jersey real.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if it's just a size tag, that's authentic?

The seller says the jersey has a fight strap? Obviously I'm a n00b to all this.

Not necessarily. A legit authentic will have a numeric size. But a jersey that has a numeric size tag could still be fake. Retail authentics usually have other neck tags that say "Center Ice" or "Authentic On-Ice Game Jersey." With experience you will come to recognize them at a glance.

The fake jersey does have a fight strap. It's just not a legit fight strap.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see Dropkick's post before I posted this.

No. If a jersey has a tag on the neck that says "official licensed merchandise", but also has a numeric size tag (50, 52, 54 etc) and a fight strap, it's fake. The correct neck tagging would say "authentic on-ice jersey" or "center ice collection" depending on the manufacturer. Reebok jerseys are the most commonly faked jerseys, but those old school Pens are just as popular for knockoffs.

Just because a jersey has a fight strap doesn't make it real. All the fakes have fight straps (or poor excuses for fight straps) - That doesn't make a jersey real.

Not necessarily. A legit authentic will have a numeric size. But a jersey that has a numeric size tag could still be fake. Retail authentics usually have other neck tags that say "Center Ice" or "Authentic On-Ice Game Jersey." With experience you will come to recognize them at a glance.

The fake jersey does have a fight strap. It's just not a legit fight strap.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see Dropkick's post before I posted this.

Alright! Thanks for all your help guys. I thought it was kind of weird that the price was so low. Also found the topic about identifying fakes, but didn't know about the "center ice" and "authentic on-ice game jersey." Was thinking they may have been made differently in the 80s.

Thanks again!

Im not the best with Bauer jerseys:

$(KGrHqVHJBkE63VtkUY-BOyYzLyKSg~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqVHJDcE63Z(m!E5BOyYziI9uw~~60_12.JPG

that looks real(ly wrinkled)

That's why I thought it was fake, it looks like crap and the fight strap stitching looks off.

Maybe it just looks really bad because it's wrinkled? If it's real, that belongs in deals and steals because I sure as hell can't buy it.

Maybe it just looks really bad because it's wrinkled? If it's real, that belongs in deals and steals because I sure as hell can't buy it.

Except it's 5XL. You could buy it and make two jerseys!

Except it's 5XL. You could buy it and make two jerseys!

.....I thought it said 52 LOL! Do they even make authentics that big?

A 5XL would probably be either a 58 or a 58+. What's a 48? That's XL, right? If so, then it's 52/2XL, 54/3XL, 56/4XL and 58/5XL. I think. I don't know. Stop asking me dammit! What am I; a magic genie??

Also, I really hope this guy's stuff is good because I just bought the Sabres 40th jersey he had for $99. That'll be PERFECT for my buddy as a Christmas present.

What's a 48? That's XL, right?

I always thought a 50 or a 52 was XL.

Then again this is an Edge, so a 5xl is like a 46 in a 6100 right?

Yeah I would never ever fit in a size 60. The biggest I could fit in is 54.

You can do anything you put your mind to. Put bacon & cheese on everything. Fried is good, but double fried is better. Remember ranch can be a dressing, a dipping sauce, and a tasty beverage. :thumbsup:

You can do anything you put your mind to. Put bacon & cheese on everything. Fried is good, but double fried is better. Remember ranch can be a dressing, a dipping sauce, and a tasty beverage. :thumbsup:

There are many options available for dangerously underweighted individuals like yourself.

I hate those with stats on them. The back CCM and NHL shield logos dont look right to me.

Legit? Run away....that jersey is BRUTAL!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCM-Vintage-1992-Wales-Conference-All-Star-Jersey-Size-XL-/220892528929?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item336e388121

I'm tempted to say this is legit, but the NHL shield looks a little on the small side... anyone?