It is good or not?

lafountain

You could easily argue he took advantage of your lack of knowledge with misleading info, especially since ebay is 100% tipped to the buyer's side. If you asked if it was what they wear on ice, he lied to you, regardless of whether or not the truth was readily available to you.

That's another good point, but won't eBay require some kind of proof that the jersey he was sold isn't what the players wear on the ice? I'm sure nobody at eBay knows what an on-ice hockey jersey looks like and what the differences between it and a replica are. I think the only leg he's got to stand on is if the jersey shows up and it's fake.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The part about it being what they wear on the ice is what's making me think he could be selling fakes. People who sell knockoffs generally know what they're selling, and they think if a jersey has a fight strap, buyers will think "oh it must be real" - They don't count on people like us knowing the difference, they just make their money off guys like the poster in question who don't know. I found a way to message him, so I asked if the jerseys have fight straps. If his answer is yes, then they're most likely fakes.

This is very true. I wanted to slap someone when I heard them say, "I can't tell the differences between fakes. I don't know how people do it. But this has a fightstrap, so I'm happy". I kept my mouth shut because I was surrounded by people who only buy fakes and were ecstatic because they just found out the place they buy from has the new Isles 40th anny jerseys

Guess I am fooked. Live & learn I guess.

Since he hasn't responded I am sure it's on it's way.

I'll post pictures when it comes.

Thanks.

This is very true. I wanted to slap someone when I heard them say, "I can't tell the differences between fakes. I don't know how people do it. But this has a fightstrap, so I'm happy". I kept my mouth shut because I was surrounded by people who only buy fakes and were ecstatic because they just found out the place they buy from has the new Isles 40th anny jerseys

Oh see I've turned into a ###### about it. Lots of people at my school wear bootlegs and I call them out for it, I think it's funny when they get pissed off because I just said "nice jersey, too bad it's fake". I'd rather have my legit replicas over a knockoff, at least I know what I'm wearing is real.

Guess I am fooked. Live & learn I guess.

If you're really interested in this hobby and plan to make further purchases in the future, then I highly recommend that you devour as much information in this forum as possible- read through as many threads as you can, particularly the "Is it good or not?" and "Deals and Steals" threads. If you do, you will find that 1) members of this forum possess an absolutely insane amount of knowledge about this hobby, and 2) you will very quickly gain experience as to what is a good deal and what is not, as well as alternative places to buy things for the best price. Just around 8 months ago, before I joined this forum, I didn't know squat about different types of jerseys, and what was a good deal or not. I've picked up (at least in my opinion) an awful lot of knowledge in a very short time, thanks to all the members here. If it makes you feel any better (and I really hate to admit this), I once paid over $200 for a new with tags, customized replica, simply because I really wanted it, and I didn't think I could get one elsewhere. I would never pay that now (well actually I probably wouldn't buy a customized replica now anyway, but that's a completely different story :lol: ) simply because I'm in a much better position as to knowing how to get what I want for a better price.

So, like you said, live and learn. If you do as I did, maybe sometime soon, it will be you advising someone else on "is it good or not?"

Thanks. I have been wearing a real '92 CCM without anything since 92 to games that still looks freaking close to new because I rarely wear it and it is a quality piece. I decided to treat myself to a new Heritage and when I saw the real "as they wear them" price was well over 300 from NHL.com similar to this one I thought wow that is a great deal.

Obviously I was the fool and his money. I will leave feed back that states he mislead me assuming he did. How is the quality of a replica?

How is the quality of a replica?

I'm not gonna go so far as to say that a Reebok Premier is going to match a 1990's CCM authentic in terms of quality, but a brand-new Heritage replica will probably still look better than the majority of jerseys that people wear to games! You won't look like a fool wearing it.

I'm not gonna go so far as to say that a Reebok Premier is going to match a 1990's CCM authentic in terms of quality, but a brand-new Heritage replica will probably still look better than the majority of jerseys that people wear to games! You won't look like a fool wearing it.

Absolutely. One thing you'll find about this site is that the vast majority of collector's collect mainly authentic jerseys only. Not that that's a bad thing. I, myself, collect mainly replicas, unless I can find a really good deal on an authentic (like my Kings Roenick, which cost me $60). I am, however, a stickler for accuracy when it comes to customization, so the site is very helpful for me in that regard.

Although I prefer authentics whenever possible, I still buy the occasional blank replica, especially older All-Star jerseys which are difficult to find in the small sizes I need, like 44 or 46. I really don't mind them at all, although as dsl135 said earlier, many collectors here buy only authentics. DSL may be surprised to learn that I actually bought a replica from him a few months ago on eBay! (I didn't realize it was you until recently) :P

Hi, everyone!

I'm pretty sure this is an Authentic Reebok Jersey (not a Premier or Replica), but wanted to get your opinions on whether or not it's a fake/knockoff.

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-clothing-mens-Jersey-DUCKS-COREY-PERRY-W0QQAdIdZ331378091

I know a thing or two about spotting fakes and authentics, but can't hurt to look for confirmation. Thanks in advance!

It's fake. Reebok doesn't make size 48 Edges. The fight strap isn't what you see on authentics either. Customization is awful.

That one is 100% fake

Its a size 48 which Reebok doesn't make. As well at the bottom of the jersey is has the cuts in the side, they only have that on replicas, not authentics

Hi, everyone!

I'm pretty sure this is an Authentic Reebok Jersey (not a Premier or Replica), but wanted to get your opinions on whether or not it's a fake/knockoff.

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-clothing-mens-Jersey-DUCKS-COREY-PERRY-W0QQAdIdZ331378091

I know a thing or two about spotting fakes and authentics, but can't hurt to look for confirmation. Thanks in advance!

Fake. The fight strap gave it away long before I saw the size. Reebok doesn't make 48 in EDGE cuts, only in 6100's which were just CCM jerseys that were re-branded after the lockout.

Edit: Looks like two people beat me to it.

Poat pictures. Fakes didn't really show up until the EDGE jerseys came along, but there are still fake CCM Vintage series jerseys running around. If the forum doesn't let you post pictures yet, open up a Photobucket account and post the direct links. The only time I've heard of sleeves being really short is if you got a size that's too small for you, or if you got a gamer that was altered specifically for the player.

I just got a early 90's rangers ccm jersey. Everything seems ok with it except the sleeves are really short. Is this how these jerseys were styled? Sorry I'm new to this..

I personally consider the sleeves to be short, depending on the size. I've been wearing a 90s CCM in a size 52 for the past 2 months, which is pretty comfortable on me, and I consider the sleeves to be short, compared to normally wearing a 56 in Edge and considering those sleeves to be long.

My 1990's Rangers jerseys don't seem to have that problem. Maybe you could post some pics so we could see which one you're describing.

Here is my 90s it's sleeves aren't out of proportion. It is a 44 and has become small for me. (I'm expanding) :P

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=4347

If you want that thing customized, Brilliant! (Mike) does work for a lot of people on the forum, and has done most of my Rangers jerseys. He's the guy to go to, and he'll take really good care of you. Send him a PM, and feel free to look at the jerseys in my photobucket. He's done all of my Graves authentics, my Doug Weight, and my Callahan Rookie, just to name a few.

Thank you so much for all the answers, guys!

I had my suspicious (ie. the size and cuts) and am glad I came here to get confirmation. Really appreciate it.

I am, however, still searching for an authentic, authentic lol Ducks jersey. So, I hope you guys don't mind if I post a few of my findings up.

Any ideas on this one?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/300633204787?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649