It is good or not?

lafountain

When I got it I was 5 9 and 160. Now I am 5 9 and 190.

I am thinking with the Christmas coupon 294 shipped from shop.nhl.com is the best deal I am going to get on an I know it's real jersey.

Do I want 50 or 52?

Thanks!

Edited by e30cabrio

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You and I are the same height, so it makes sense that we're both comfortable in CCM 44's. All my Edge 50's fit well except the sleeves are a bit too long. I have one 52 and the sleeves come almost to my fingertips- way too long. I've never liked that about Edges. So unless you have very long arms, I would be hesitant about going with the 52.

When I got it I was 5 9 and 160. Now I am 5 9 and 190.

I am thinking with the Christmas coupon 294 shipped from shop.nhl.com is the best deal I am going to get on an I know it's real jersey.

Do I want 50 or 52?

Thanks!

I can't answer the size thing as I have messed up body (I'm 5'10" but my inseam on pants is 29" lol) but as for nhl.com depending on what you want you may want to stay clear of there as well. This year Reebok started making their "authentics" in Indonesia instead of Canada. The quality is down, and its something that the players have NEVER worn on ice. The link you posted is a 1.0, where they probably didn't wear that specific jersey in 1.0, NHL's wore (and very few still wear) 1.0 jerseys at one point (Canadian made)

Rage is correct about the NHL.com thing- on some jerseys you can't be sure if you're going to receive the old 1.0's or the new Indonesian-made ones, which suck. My comments above about the sizes pertain only to the 1.0's- I don't know how the Indos fit.

simply put, dont buy from nhl.com. youll overpay. get the one on ebay for sure, its legit.

heres a good site for a bunch of jerseys at a low price - http://www.hockeytron.com/hockey-jerseys---socks-pro-authentic-jerseys.html

enter code save20 at checkout and get 20% off that price. Thats about 2 for the price of 1 @ nhl.com

I can't answer the size thing as I have messed up body (I'm 5'10" but my inseam on pants is 29" lol) but as for nhl.com depending on what you want you may want to stay clear of there as well. This year Reebok started making their "authentics" in Indonesia instead of Canada. The quality is down, and its something that the players have NEVER worn on ice. The link you posted is a 1.0, where they probably didn't wear that specific jersey in 1.0, NHL's wore (and very few still wear) 1.0 jerseys at one point (Canadian made)

Exactly this.

Dont order from NHL.com as you will get an Indonesian made jersey.

If you use this site below, they have both the current Indonesian made jerseys and the Canadian made 1.0s. If you buy the jersey that says "2010-2011" in the description, you will get the 1.0. Stay clear of the "New 2012" as this will be the Indonesian jersey.

My link

Thanks for the NHL.com warning and links. Neither has the edge 2010-11 heritage unless I am missing them.

I made an offer on that one on ebay and am thinking I'd like to go old school. Where can I get "1"s for the back & arms in homage to Ed Giacomin?

I made an offer on that one on ebay and am thinking I'd like to go old school. Where can I get "1"s for the back & arms in homage to Ed Giacomin?

That's a jersey foul. Giacomin never wore it :P

Do what all the cool kids are doing and make it a Callahan with an "A" :thumbsup:

Yeah but he was my childhood idol I had this poster on my wall.

I played roller hockey in Carl Schurz park every Sunday dragged all my gear across Manhattan on the freaking bus.

zGiacominA1.jpg

I won't be selling it and am not going to be claiming he wore it.

:D

It's a real replica. :stickhndl:

Thank you for all your help. :)

And a special thanks to member chadarini, who not only contacted me with an authentic Ducks jersey, but one that was EXACTLY (and I mean exactly) what I was looking for. Team-Issued, to boot!

You guys rock.

It looks like a replica. 1990's CCM authentics with the hem logo shouldn't have those shoulder patches- they only started to be used after the Ducks switched to Nike in 1996. (Just FYI, early 2000's CCM Ducks jerseys had those patches but the CCM logo was moved from the back hem to under the collar) Name and number look funny because they're positioned much lower than normal. With an opening bid of $75, not a good deal, imo.

It looks like a replica. 1990's CCM authentics with the hem logo shouldn't have those shoulder patches- they only started to be used after the Ducks switched to Nike in 1996. (Just FYI, early 2000's CCM Ducks jerseys had those patches but the CCM logo was moved from the back hem to under the collar) Name and number look funny because they're positioned much lower than normal. With an opening bid of $75, not a good deal, imo.

Yeah, but while Nike was making the on-ice jerseys, wasn't EVERYONE making replicas? If CCM was still making replicas in the mid-90's, they'd match the on-ice jerseys, which would explain the patches.

And for the record, yes, it's waaaaaaaaaaaay too early to be alive. Goddam finals.

Agree with the two posters above me. Definitely NOT an authentic. Probably a replica. Not worth your $. You can find a better deal on ebay there, just keep your eyes peeled. :blink:

You've got better eyes than me. I was looking for that logo and didn't see it.

You can see the very tip of the crest by the wrinkle down there. It's tough to spot but it's there. Same thing too with the replica CCM tag in the collar. You can tell that unique color blue and the very top of the CCM on that tag. Open your eyes people!! :D

Thanks for the feedback, gang. :)

I actually wasn't planning on getting it, since I had already found mine; just posting it up for discussion. Not to mention, I too noticed how low the positioning of the name and number were, on the back, and thought the "A", looked rather fishy, also.

Somebody wants to make a trade with me for this jersey. First of all is it legit? Size 44 is like what nowadays?

And I am pretty much interested in flipping this jersey as I am not a fan of NHL jerseys so I have no idea what the value of it is (with regards to a trade).

e40gCl.jpg

ihFgQl.jpg

38c3bl.jpg

zoa3R.jpg

Thanks!

The jersey itself is legit but I don't know enough about the customization to say if it's accurate or not. I'm thinking a 44 is equal to a 46 in the edje jerseys.

Those early 90's all stars go for good money but being a size 44 will probably hurt the re-sell value. I think you shouldn't have a problem getting $200 - $250 for it.

:thumbsup:

I don't collect edge but i wanted a "old style" Ovie jersey and found this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150720249945&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

i sent them a message and asked:

is this one of the china specials jerseys?

no offense meant, just asking.

if you have larger pix and/or pix of the collar tagging, please send them to:

lykensentertainment@comcast.net

thanx, ken

the reply was:

i have no clue where its from

i order them online from a legitate dealer

and FYI all jerseys are now manufactored in china

- thereign

dunno but it kinda scares me so if anyone can clarify if it's good please lmk your 2 cents.

thanx, ken

B)