It is good or not?

lafountain

who asked you to lash out and beek and be hostile about my avatar anyway,I asked a question about a canucks jersey as this is what the site is for(so I thought).

the owners of this site have a real problem allowin you on the boards

punk

Who's lashing out? All I said was that it looks like a fake Jets jersey in the thumbnail, which it does. I also told you that the Canucks jersey is fake, and I'm glad you didn't buy it. Perhaps you should calm down a little since you're a new member and this community actually kicks Arse.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know about the one I posted?

looks like a legit replica to me,i think your good. Did you search out any deals though cause that seems really expensive for a replica IMO.

looks like a legit replica to me,i think your good. Did you search out any deals though cause that seems really expensive for a replica IMO.

That is my concern because it is not billed as a replica but has the label on front like a replica.

In his description it says:

"Available In All Sizes! Just email me your size.

S,M,L,XL,XXL

3XL & 4XL Add $20.00 to your total.

Official Reebok Premier New York Rangers #30 Lundqvist Heritage Jersey

Jersey has all of the Retired NEW YORK RANGERS Numbers under the Jersey.

THIS IS WHAT THEY WEAR ON THE ICE!!!!"

And I asked before I bought it if it was in fact a real game jersey.

Thanks

hey guys. long time no see but I got a quick question.

Does this look legit?

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1497.l2649

cause I just bought it......

Easily a $800+ jersey...if I weren't so jealous, I'd say good job.

Guy plays 4 half seasons, and only 1 almost full (74 game) season for the Canucks, then plays a total of 10 games regular season, and 9 games playoffs in '86-87 for the Oilers to get his freakin name engraved on the stanley cup....stupid Moe Lemay!

...wow, and I also just noticed that the listing only shows '1' view...guess you're the lucky winner!

Are you effing kidding me??? You just got a game-worn MASKA Canucks jersey for $250??? I give up.

That's actually a reallllllly bad jersey. It's a rare fake that might give you HIV. Brilliant has a really kind service and will recycle such jerseys for a nominal fee of $27.50. I'm sure he'd be glad to help you.

Oh man, I feel sick...

Easily a $800+ jersey...if I weren't so jealous, I'd say good job.

Guy plays 4 half seasons, and only 1 almost full (74 game) season for the Canucks, then plays a total of 10 games regular season, and 9 games playoffs in '86-87 for the Oilers to get his freakin name engraved on the stanley cup....stupid Moe Lemay!

...wow, and I also just noticed that the listing only shows '1' view...guess you're the lucky winner!

Thanks for everyone's quick response! It's exactly what I was hoping for, I like everyone else collect ugly jerseys and this will be a great addition. Without knowledge over the time on the boards, I wouldn't have known to grab it so quickly. Hope you guys all get lucky soon as well.

Anyone know about the one I posted?

It's a legit replica, and you definitely got robbed on it. That's way overpriced for a replica, especially last year's replica. Granted it has the 85th patch and retired numbers in it which weren't readily available outside of MSG, but that's still expensive as hell. I overpaid for my Callahan when I bought it at the team store last season, and it still has tags on it. That might change on Tuesday though.

Then it's going back (if he ships) because as you see in his description he says it is real, and he said the same in my answer to this question.

Thanks

I just sent him this message:

"Looking at the pictures you posted and ones on NHL.com's shop from the label sewn on the front and Reebok inside the collar instead of RBK I believe this is a replica. If that is true please do us both a favor and refund the money and it will be no harm, no foul. If I get it and that is the case it will be a different story.

Thanks,"

I appreciate everyone's input.

Thanks

Thanks for everyone's quick response! It's exactly what I was hoping for, I like everyone else collect ugly jerseys and this will be a great addition. Without knowledge over the time on the boards, I wouldn't have known to grab it so quickly. Hope you guys all get lucky soon as well.

I'm married. I never get "lucky" anymore. :(

Anyone know what's up with or have an opinion on this one? I read what was said in the last couple weeks about Mitchell and Ness, and the crest does look undersized to me, but I figured I'd ask for the input of those smarter than myself about such things. I'm guessing the chance of finding another Sabres jersey in that old style with the neck tie in something more legit than M&N is probably pretty slim, especially before Christmas, since I wanted to get it for my father.

Then it's going back (if he ships) because as you see in his description he says it is real, and he said the same in my answer to this question.

Thanks

I sincerely hope you and the seller can reach an agreement. However, it may be difficult to prove your case. First of all the jersey IS real, i.e., it's not a fake or knockoff. It's an official replica. In the item title it says Premier jersey. Premier automatically means replica. (The name "Edge" refers to the authentic on-ice jersey used by the players). The available sizes for the jersey are S, M, L etc., which are replica sizes. The pictures the seller posted are indeed of a replica. So if you're trying to cancel the sale because it's a replica, well, the seller is sending you exactly what's shown in the listing. If you were hoping to get an authentic on-ice jersey, the only leg you have to stand on is that at the bottom of the listing the seller says "This is what they wear on the ice," which is not exactly true because players don't wear replicas. But it's a pretty weak argument. BTW, your question and the seller's answer have not been posted in the listing, so none of us here knows what was said between you. This may prove critical to your getting a refund. In any case, good luck.

I sincerely hope you and the seller can reach an agreement. However, it may be difficult to prove your case. First of all the jersey IS real, i.e., it's not a fake or knockoff. It's an official replica. In the item title it says Premier jersey. Premier automatically means replica. (The name "Edge" refers to the authentic on-ice jersey used by the players). The available sizes for the jersey are S, M, L etc., which are replica sizes. The pictures the seller posted are indeed of a replica. So if you're trying to cancel the sale because it's a replica, well, the seller is sending you exactly what's shown in the listing. If you were hoping to get an authentic on-ice jersey, the only leg you have to stand on is that at the bottom of the listing the seller says "This is what they wear on the ice," which is not exactly true because players don't wear replicas. But it's a pretty weak argument. BTW, your question and the seller's answer have not been posted in the listing, so none of us here knows what was said between you. This may prove critical to your getting a refund. In any case, good luck.

Agreed. The jersey IS real. It's an officially licensed replica, produced by Reebok for retail sale. You got what you paid for. If you didn't know what you were purchasing, perhaps you should've asked before you bought it because you're going to be stuck with it now. If I were the seller and I advertised my item accurately, I would NEVER issue a refund because the buyer had no idea what he or she was buying. It's up to you to read the listing and if you're not sure, ask before you buy, not after.

As LAK said, the only leg you might have to stand on is the part of the listing that says the jersey is what the players wear on the ice because, again, it's not. Even still, it's probably a rickety, old, wooden leg at best because the jersey IS a real jersey. It's a real replica, not a knockoff, but it's also not a game-weight jersey. Btw, the retail EDGE jerseys aren't what the players wear on the ice either, and they haven't been since at least the start of the 07-08 season. The retail EDGE was identical what the players wore for a couple months at most, and then Reebok changed the material because players were complaining. The EDGE jerseys that the players wear are what we call EDGE 2.0 - Air-knit jerseys with double elbows and shoulders.

The retail EDGE jerseys up until this year were the original EDGE 1.0's with their "EDGE" material that I think one or two players actually still wear. The current retail EDGE jerseys are made in Indonesia and aren't even remotely close to either of those jerseys. You can't actually buy what the players wear unless you're getting a team-issued or game-worn jersey, unless you're a Jets fan because those are the only retail 2.0's in existence.

Not realizing there are multiple spheres of "real" I accepted his listing and response to my question is this a real official NHL game jersey and not a replica?

His response was yes. I am on My phone so can't post the actual messages.

Thanks

If he said it's an official game jersey and NOT a replica then you've got a point. But then it makes the seller look like he doesn't know what he's selling.

The best part is that the seller can't be contacted with questions until after you've purchased an item, which to me means he's intentionally deceiving buyers.

Agreed. The jersey IS real. It's an officially licensed replica, produced by Reebok for retail sale. You got what you paid for. If you didn't know what you were purchasing, perhaps you should've asked before you bought it because you're going to be stuck with it now. If I were the seller and I advertised my item accurately, I would NEVER issue a refund because the buyer had no idea what he or she was buying. It's up to you to read the listing and if you're not sure, ask before you buy, not after.

This. Now, granted, what was said in messages could change the context of the conversation, but as it stands right now, you haven't got much to go on. You bought a replica. The seller accurately states everything, and even titles it a Reebok Premier, which is a replica. The only thing you might get to go on is "what they wear on the ice" but that's a pretty weak argument.

I agree with DropkickMurphy8, if I were the seller and I described it accurately, as this seller seems to have done, I wouldn't refund the money. I don't see enough proof that he's trying to deceive buyers. A Reebok Premier means a replica.

What about his discription that says its what they wear on the ice & response that it's not a rep?

What about his discription that says its what they wear on the ice & response that it's not a rep?

Again, that's a weak argument at best. Even if you took it up with eBay, they would most likely tell you that it's your job to ask questions if you're not sure. Granted this seller doesn't accept questions until AFTER you buy something, but that's eBay's policy and you'll probably deal with some blowhard who "has to follow policy" and find in favor of the seller.

Fact is, it's not what they wear on the ice. The other side of the argument is that you waited until after you bought the jersey to ask questions, and you can't do that. eBay just considers that buyer's remorse and will never give you a refund. To me it just sounds like you didn't know what you were buying and now you're annoyed because you overpaid for a replica. That doesn't entitle you to a refund.

Now, since he's using a stock photo and has multiple jerseys available, the other possibility is that he could be selling fakes. When your jersey shows up, take detailed pictures and post them here. If it's a real replica, then you got what you paid for. If it's fake, that's another story and THEN you have a case with eBay. Of course, they'll require you to show documentation that the jersey is fake, but you'd still have a case.

Now, since he's using a stock photo and has multiple jerseys available, the other possibility is that he could be selling fakes. When your jersey shows up, take detailed pictures and post them here. If it's a real replica, then you got what you paid for. If it's fake, that's another story and THEN you have a case with eBay. Of course, they'll require you to show documentation that the jersey is fake, but you'd still have a case.

This is a good point. You may have hope of getting your money back if this is the case. But since the title says Reebok Premier, you're basically screwed on the "not authentic" part. It's a replica, and reading the title should have tipped you off to that immediately, regardless of him saying "Its what they wear on the ice" in the body of the auction.

You could easily argue he took advantage of your lack of knowledge with misleading info, especially since ebay is 100% tipped to the buyer's side. If you asked if it was what they wear on ice, he lied to you, regardless of whether or not the truth was readily available to you.

This is a good point. You may have hope of getting your money back if this is the case. But since the title says Reebok Premier, you're basically screwed on the "not authentic" part. It's a replica, and reading the title should have tipped you off to that immediately, regardless of him saying "Its what they wear on the ice" in the body of the auction.

The part about it being what they wear on the ice is what's making me think he could be selling fakes. People who sell knockoffs generally know what they're selling, and they think if a jersey has a fight strap, buyers will think "oh it must be real" - They don't count on people like us knowing the difference, they just make their money off guys like the poster in question who don't know. I found a way to message him, so I asked if the jerseys have fight straps. If his answer is yes, then they're most likely fakes.