It is good or not?

lafountain

it was sold for $85,000 now relisted for 100k ?

Since he has the "Best Offer" option, it would be interesting to see the lowest and highest offers.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good to me. It's authentic but a reissue, not an original. The tags and hem logo are consistent with the CCM Vintage Authentic series.

Do they still sell these? Instead of hunting ebay, is there a site to buy the vintage series jerseys?

They stopped making vintage authentics quite a while ago; I don't know of any site that has a large selection of these- you just find the occasional one on eBay. Lots of sellers have CCM Vintage jersey lines, like on SportsK.com, but they're replicas, not authentics.

Yeah there's a local place that sells vintage series stuff. Jets, North Stars, Nordiques. Only replicas though, and they're way too expensive.

Yeah I know it's worth more than 3 bucks, I was just trying to annoy him because he's a jerk. He claims that MGG "authenticated" the jersey as being game worn, but they "weren't able to photo-match it". Would MeiGray even do that? Authenticate a jersey they didn't sell without any way to document it? He has no legitimate LOA, and the jersey has absolutely no wear on it.

It's been discussed here a few times, I think the consensus was that the jersey is a retail authentic and that the seller is out of his mind. Regardless, for the amount he's asking, he would need to have an LOA from the team and from a reputable company like MGG to prove it's a gamer. You don't ask 85,000 for a hockey jersey with absolutely no authentication.

Well although i agree the jersey is not worth 100k because fit lacks any type of authentication , i can however say i would disregard it as not being real. I have seen in the past jerseys that did not come with authentication but later were deemed to be real. I am not saying it is the case of this jersey but i do think this jersey is a nice jersey and would need to be examined up close to prove anything. A dark shirt is always harder to match i have no idea what the wear is but the shirt does look pretty clean. Meigray is can and has issued loa's without photo match evidence but it usually comes in the form of other proof a letter from player , a older shirt where materials and use allow for authentication.

Let's be honest; Wayne wasn't exactly the toughest player on the ice so the wear would definitely be on the light side. Hell, he cut the strap out of all of his jerseys so that goes to show you how committed he was towards any kind of physicality. I would imagine that just about any Gretzky jersey, outside of his old Oilers ones, were probably very light on visible wear.

I'm considering buying this jersey but I want to be sure if it's real or not? I don't want to be ripped off if I wasted a good source of money for nothing: Avangard Omsk

I'm considering buying this jersey but I want to be sure if it's real or not? I don't want to be ripped off if I wasted a good source of money for nothing: Avangard Omsk

I've never seen a jersey from another league faked (except the Rimouski Oceanic jerseys, but that's only because of Crosby) - I also think a jersey with that much flare in it would be impossible to fake.

I've never seen a jersey from another league faked (except the Rimouski Oceanic jerseys, but that's only because of Crosby) - I also think a jersey with that much flare in it would be impossible to fake.

All right, im going ahead with the bid, I appreciate your help very much :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Used-Worn-Flyers-Ron-Hextall-Jersey-/280778969558?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415fbb11d6

I thought Hextall wore a 62 G? The letter sounds a little fishy as well, "to the best of my knowledge" isn't what I would want to hear if I was spending that much money.

I'll be honest, I've never seen that jersey before. It could be a new version for this year...Did Lutch change their logo? As far as I know, Lutch supplies the jerseys for the KHL. Maybe it's a "fan Jersey" of some sort or a "special jersey" for some reason. It looks pretty cool but you can do a search for Jagr Avangard Omsk on e-bay and see those jerseys.

Edit: just did an image search and found similar jerseys pre KHL so it's probably good. Don't remember the manufacturer, possibly Atak???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Used-Worn-Flyers-Ron-Hextall-Jersey-/280778969558?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415fbb11d6

I thought Hextall wore a 62 G? The letter sounds a little fishy as well, "to the best of my knowledge" isn't what I would want to hear if I was spending that much money.

I don't know anything about the jersey so i can't really comment at it without having a close look of it. What i can tell you is that the LOA stets its a ccm when it is clearly a nike jersey. Milt Byron owner of Byrons Hockey land was recently booted of game worn net for having ripped off a few people. So i would be careful. As for the size i think the size is fine Hextall wore even 54 on the old cams which would equate to a 58 g nike.

I don't know anything about the jersey so i can't really comment at it without having a close look of it. What i can tell you is that the LOA stets its a ccm when it is clearly a nike jersey. Milt Byron owner of Byrons Hockey land was recently booted of game worn net for having ripped off a few people. So i would be careful. As for the size i think the size is fine Hextall wore even 54 on the old cams which would equate to a 58 g nike.

Yeah I would really love to own a Hextall Gamer, my favorite player and all. I just really wanna make sure I'm getting what I pay for if I bite the bullet.