Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

On 2/1/2021 at 9:02 PM, mdwsta4 said:

Doesn’t the US use swift too? For Olympic jerseys, not Juniors

I don't know about 2018 but they definitely did in 2014. I have a USA Olympic TI and it's definitely Swift, not Flo-Knit.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/1/2021 at 10:37 PM, TheKevinShow said:

That would be nice but I'd be concerned about some of the design decisions that would happen to fit the league's current looks on to the Nike template.

Nike template?

We can't be sure there would be one, is there a NBA,NFL template?
Looks to me like the NFL  jerseys are different from team to team?

Adidas and their dimple shoulders and toilet seat necks  ☹️

Edited by Mongoose

4 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Nike template?

Looks to me like the NFL  jerseys are different from team to team?

Adidas and their dimple shoulders and toilet seat necks  ☹️

There is most certainly a Nike template with the NFL that they launched when they took the contract over from Reebok in  2012. You complain about toilet seat collars for NHL jerseys, but that term started with the Flywire collars on Nike's NFL jerseys. Most, but not all, teams used it and I would compare that to pre-EDGE templates that allowed teams to choose from a bunch of different collar styles (round, V, deep V, laces, etc). The NFL basically offered flywire or traditional collars.

Nike updated the template slightly back in 2017 (I think?) which tweaked the collar and the jersey panels (no more sweat stomach). The difference is individual teams have the ability to decide which template they use which is really no different than NHL jerseys (round vs square shoulder yolks, laces vs no laces collar, etc). I think just about every team except the Packers uses the latest template. The Packers still use the old Reebok template which, oddly enough, was the Nike template when they held the contract in the late 90's

On 2/3/2021 at 4:01 AM, Mongoose said:

We can be 100% sure that there would be a template.

MLB - Nike reused Majestic's template last year and will have their own this year.

NBA - Nike has a template.

NFL - Nike has a template.

NHL - Adidas has a template.

MLS - Adidas has a template.

Noticing a trend here?

Templates aren't always bad. Back in the early 2000s (and some manufacturers still do it this way), major companies producing soccer jerseys had templates all the way down the line. Design was the same for everyone and name and number fonts for national teams were the same for everyone. (I specify national teams because a lot of domestic leagues have their own fonts that teams must use for league matches.) The only differences between teams were colours and logos/crests. If you had a Nike national team playing another Nike national team, it looked like a practice match. Aesthetically, It.Was.Boring.

At least with what we have in the NHL, teams have some liberty with their designs. IE: No way the Canadiens were ever going to change their design, so Reebok and Adidas had to make sure their templates were compatible to keep teams happy. The only things that are the same league-wide are the shoulder dimples, collar design, NHL logo, underarm mesh and materials. That doesn't bother me.

MeiGray posted a bunch of leftover Caps Stadium Series blanks from 2018 at $350-400 a pop this morning and within an hour pretty much every non-goalie jersey was gone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Yeah, I really do want one of those. Would be perfect for ODR season

That is a must-have. It's too bad they'll never see the light of day unless one of the players wants to part ways with them.

2 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Is a size 46 Indo 2019 ASG going to have a normal-sized crest? I need the crest for my military jersey and it's cheap.

It should be; the small crests on the 46’s are only an issue with the 2017/18 jerseys.  I don’t know about the Hawks, but for the Kings the Parley crests on a size 46 are actually 1/4” to 1/2” bigger than the crests on the home/roads.

Jersey baron have these so called reverse retro jerseys listed at 4 or 500 dollars... what the hell, and those are not even the real on ice jerseys, right?

have he/they completely lost their minds?

is it because the jerseys were made in limited numbers or what is the deal with those prices?

Limited edition as you said. Some team's due to popularity have been even more rare (such as Capitals and Avalanche after the Tahoe game). If you look at completed listings, there's RRs that have sold in the $600CAD ballpark.

I personally think it's stupid as well, but it is what it is. Not my niche that's for sure.

Edited by Phil the Thrill

On 4/2/2021 at 4:52 PM, Phil the Thrill said:

Limited edition as you said. Some team's due to popularity have been even more rare (such as Capitals and Avalanche after the Tahoe game). If you look at completed listings, there's RRs that have sold in the $600CAD ballpark.

I personally think it's stupid as well, but it is what it is. Not my niche that's for sure.

No, but had the real ones been available, everyone here would go nuts for them, right?

1 hour ago, Mongoose said:

No, but had the real ones been available, everyone here would go nuts for them, right?

Depends. I actually like the Canucks design, but even as a fan, if I didn't like it, I wouldn't have bid on and won a game worn, nor would I have spent the money on a MIC if they were available at retail. Everyone has their motivations. 

6 minutes ago, Van67 said:

Depends. I actually like the Canucks design, but even as a fan, if I didn't like it, I wouldn't have bid on and won a game worn, nor would I have spent the money on a MIC if they were available at retail. Everyone has their motivations. 

I love the Devils RR, but if I hated it, I would still have bought one because I am crazy like that. 

1 hour ago, DJ Rhea said:

Don't like it, won't buy it. It's like hating Marmite then buying it anyway just because your mum used to have it in the house

That’s what I always say. 

On 4/4/2021 at 4:55 PM, Mongoose said:

For me, without a doubt I would have bought a Leafs by now. I hate the grey and wish it was white, but I still need to have it.

For now, I'll turn my attention for when the GU auction goes up.

Edited by Phil the Thrill

36 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

For me, without a doubt I would have bought a Leafs by now. I hate the grey and wish it was white, but I still need to have it.

For now, I'll turn my attention for when the GU auction goes up.

Watching the Leafs it has grown on me, just wish the logo on the chest was a tad smaller and the letters were all capitals