JunkyardAthletic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

F(&^*** hell, have you F(&^*** seen this? Who the approved that?

I can imagine after the first the manager does Fergie circa 96 and makes them swap kits. 

257916081_10158185145156496_916275026505

Edited by DJ Rhea

I swear hockey fans are being trolled this year. Jersey, USA, Canada, now these and TB. Just terrible. Even the Pens new third was somehow messed up 

I said it before, and I’ll say it again: Adidas has not created a single design that has impressed me since they took over the contract. Anything they did that looked halfway decent was likely just a remake of some thing Reebok already designed before them.

And on a side note, I think it’s extremely tacky when teams use their nicknames as their logo, like when the Lightning used “Bolts”, and the Senators used “Sens”. Now, with the Devils going with “Jersey”; it just looks uninspired and extremely juvenile. The Rangers would look stupid with “Rags” the Islanders went with “Isles”, Bruins went with “B’s”, Capitals went with “Caps”, etc.. 

The “Smashville” is just embarrassing. Aside from the stupid nickname as the logo, the actual jersey design looks stupid as all hell. there is NO logo that could salvage that. It looks like the Flames “McDonalds” Heritage Classic jersey. Keenan would surely flip, but he always did that anyway. 

• 8 months later...

Seeing as the Blackhawks haven’t released the last RR gamers (or any jerseys for the last two seasons) I’m not holding my breath. Lot of negative comments already about this concept, but I don’t hate it. True, the Hawks have never worn a wordmark, but the barberpoles are classics and it would be nice to have a jersey that reps the city

• 1 month later...

Only plus side is (so far) they’re the same color as the jerseys so they’re not as obnoxious as some of the helmet ads (looking at you PPG Pittsburgh)

I couldn't care less about those ads. Maybe because my focus is one the 90s, maybe because I grew up following the DEL, but I really don't see a big issue with that. 

• 1 month later...

Sharks, Kings, Lightning, Panthers, and Blues got it right. Avs, Devils, Leafs, Ducks, and Bruins are also pretty good. I guess the Caps, Flames, Pens, Sabres, and Oilers followed the reverse retro concept but I feel like they’re a bit lazy or should have been used the first time around. Rangers, Wings, and Isles? *face palm* 

Lot of disappointments the second time around IMO

I’m confused by your rankings Kevin. 😜 S can’t mean skip because the Ducks and Pens ain’t bad! But the Habs and Isles?! 

Edited by mdwsta4

• 7 months later...

Might as well post these here. I don't love them, but don't hate them either. I would have preferred some black piping between the orange and white seams to give them a little more dimension. The black single-layer sleeve numbers on the home jersey are kind of weird looking, too.

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

cut.png

cut.png

cut.png