Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isn't that for the Boston Bombings? Tbf how does the NHL look with Adidas with these shite Reverse Retro jerseys. City Edition, Reverse Retro, what is the difference really? Just shite to sell

2 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

Isn't that for the Boston Bombings? Tbf how does the NHL look with Adidas with these shite Reverse Retro jerseys. City Edition, Reverse Retro, what is the difference really? Just shite to sell

I mean, we’re jersey collectors, “s*** to sell” is kind of our thing, isn’t it?

I know I’m excited about getting my reverse retro after basically a million years of buying the same jersey with only minor variations. 

8 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Well I know what you're saying but depends on the jersey tbf, if it looks s*** (Leafs current RR) I won't be getting it, you'll buy it, sell it, then get another one 😛

Not with a RR, there are a total of 6 goalie jerseys available, that’s it. I won’t be selling the one I get. 

4 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

At least the reverse retros were based on jerseys that were already made at some point. Some were hideous, some were good. I'm also not convinced that Adidas won't go down the road of different special uniforms every season that will make us all roll our eyes, so time will tell. Maybe Lamoriello will torch Adidas HQ if they try to make him change more than flipping orange and white striping.

On 4/7/2021 at 4:47 AM, DJ Rhea said:

Isn't that for the Boston Bombings?

Not specifically. The colors and font are a reference to the Boston Marathon finish line.

280932690_3d4efa0126_b.jpg

2 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Not specifically. The colors and font are a reference to the Boston Marathon finish line.

280932690_3d4efa0126_b.jpg

They just come up with something random and put it on a jersey.

If Nike made the NHL jerseys, next year  the Boston jersey would have a two guys a girl and a pizza place theme.

A jersey with Ryan Reynolds' face screenprinted  on the front ? ...... it will sell, oh it will sell!

And Nike would say: Hey. the show was in Boston and Ryan is Canadian, what more do you want!! this IS as hockey related as you can get!

Edited by Mongoose

• 3 weeks later...

Not NHL, but didn't want to start a whole new thread for this.  Apparently, this would have been the Binghamton Devils third jersey if they would have stuck around in Bing.

51147362805_84d8764621_c.jpg

Looks like a local kid's team design. So many stripes on the sleeves, but none on the waist? Also feels like the white on the sleeve stripes and crest, but not on the collar is a miss. Blank shoulders and I get what they were going for with the crest, but.... 👎

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

Looks like a local kid's team design. So many stripes on the sleeves, but none on the waist? Also feels like the white on the sleeve stripes and crest, but not on the collar is a miss. Blank shoulders and I get what they were going for with the crest, but.... 👎

For sure it looks like it could have been executed better. Definitely looks like a roller hockey jersey.

I always liked minor league jerseys for the fact that they always look like they’re slightly missing something, like this one. However, that logo would look great...as a shoulder patch. As a main logo, it’s a miss. 

5 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

I always liked minor league jerseys for the fact that they always look like they’re slightly missing something, like this one. However, that logo would look great...as a shoulder patch. As a main logo, it’s a miss. 

What an original idea. 

51147209156_a93ee7ebb4_c.jpg

20 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

What an original idea. 

51147209156_a93ee7ebb4_c.jpg

But what they failed to capitalize on there is that Danyeko’s face should have been on the front of those jerseys. 

27 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

But what they failed to capitalize on there is that Danyeko’s face should have been on the front of those jerseys. 

It basically is, dude is a human emoji in retirement. During his career he was a random homeless dude. 

F886B0D6-C09B-4001-8C9D-8EFEFB6EB54B.jpeg

35 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Holy crap. He looked older in 2003 than he does now. 

Totally did. 

• 1 month later...

Have you guys seen the weird thing that is on the back  of the jerseys now, look like an security tag underneath the jersey fabric  LOL,  i have only seen it this year on the players, it's easy to see on TV, it sits to the right of the Adidas logo on the back of the jersey, over the name bar.  Anyone know what that is?

1 hour ago, Mongoose said:

Have you guys seen the weird thing that is on the back  of the jerseys now, look like an security tag underneath the jersey fabric  LOL,  i have only seen it this year on the players, it's easy to see on TV, it sits to the right of the Adidas logo on the back of the jersey, over the name bar.  Anyone know what that is?

It’s a tracker, monitors on-ice time, probably something else. 

My game worn Devils Reverse Retro shows a small piece of material sewn inside, which was slit open and the tracker was removed before I got it. 

On 6/12/2021 at 8:14 PM, mfitz804 said:

It’s a tracker, monitors on-ice time, probably something else. 

My game worn Devils Reverse Retro shows a small piece of material sewn inside, which was slit open and the tracker was removed before I got it. 

Wow, they are monitoring the players that way?

thanks

13 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Wow, they are monitoring the players that way?

thanks

They are. Glad they removed it so they aren’t monitoring me when I wear it. 

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

They are. Glad they removed it so they aren’t monitoring me when I wear it. 

They don't need to. The COVID chip takes care of that. /s