Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

11 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

I think I read somewhere that 56 was the most common size for players, 
I honestly couldn't imaging who would wear a size 52 
With the size of shoulder pads these days a player would have to be the size of a child 

Johnny Gaudreau does.  His gamer is for sale on Flamesport.com.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In most teams' cases, 56 definitely appears to be the most popular size.

FWIW, per MGG, at least 3 Flyers wear a 52 jersey -- Claude Giroux, Travis Konecny and Scott Laughton, so they're out there 

29 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

With the size of shoulder pads these days a player would have to be the size of a child 

Zuccarello

19 minutes ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

In most teams' cases, 56 definitely appears to be the most popular size.

FWIW, per MGG, at least 3 Flyers wear a 52 jersey -- Claude Giroux, Travis Konecny and Scott Laughton, so they're out there 

Thats excellent news, that means a few of these will make it to us. I thought maybe the size 52 would be a part of Adidas first batch and then vanish. I guess size 52 will be the hardest to find?

15 minutes ago, Lightbringer said:

Thats excellent news, that means a few of these will make it to us. I thought maybe the size 52 would be a part of Adidas first batch and then vanish. I guess size 52 will be the hardest to find?

When Meigray put up the VGK blanks a while back, you could attempt to add 99 or something to your cart, and it would tell you how many they had in stock.  IIRC they had single digits for 52s, 20-ish for 54s, 40+ each in 56-58, and 20-ish 58+.  It seemed pretty proportional to how I would expect player preferences to go.   

10 minutes ago, furiousd said:

When Meigray put up the VGK blanks a while back, you could attempt to add 99 or something to your cart, and it would tell you how many they had in stock.  IIRC they had single digits for 52s, 20-ish for 54s, 40+ each in 56-58, and 20-ish 58+.  It seemed pretty proportional to how I would expect player preferences to go.   

Thank you. That confirmed my belief. And also explains why I of course missed out on the size 52 VGK jerseys as I am sure they sold out quickly! Lets just hope the MICs will be available more broadly at some point in time.  

Edited by Lightbringer

Clayton Keller and Jordan Weal have also worn size 52 Adidas.

2 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Apparently giroux does...weird 

A few players on the Flyers wear 52. Giroux, Konecny, Laughton, Gostisbehere (he switched to 54 this year). They're out there. 

Edit: should have read ahead before replying. 

Edited by jsh139

There are a few players that wear 52 across the league. Believe Claude Giroux is one of them, but I agree, that has to be a tight fit. I'm the same size as him and it's like squeezing a sausage into a casing with a 52 and pads. 54 is perfect w/ pads on for me.

31 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

My friend asked Craig Berube about that at the MGG expo that summer. Fun times.

Such weird inconsistency with the on ice sizing.  I see the Kings sell off includes size 60, other teams have had 58+ (Kings do not list this as even a sold out option), and some  teams have 58 as their largest. And Kings sale was the first I've seen any chart attempting to show measurements with sizes.

So what is the range of possibilities...  All these largest size assigned numbers are actually the same cut & measurements, some teams have jeserys that actually measure larger, or something else (maybe Adidas changed these over time so when a jersey was made determines what the largest is tagged as).  It does seem that there really is just one template, even with some slight construction differences  (like the Flyers narrow full length arm yoke), please correct me if I'm incorrect on that.

Would be useful to know.

Edited by LondonGardens

Having seen/tried on both a 58 and a 58+, I can confirm that there is a small  difference between those two.

I have not seen a 60 in adidas. I have a 58G and a 60G and can again confirm the 60G fits slightly larger, though I have not taken measurements. 

In Reebok, the 58+ team issued and 60 retail were roughly the same as well. 

Edited by mfitz804

When Adidas first started (2017/18), I’m pretty sure 58+ was the largest pro skater size available.  I didn’t start seeing size 60 until this year (2019/20).  I have an ASG gamer in 60, and have seen a couple of other 60’s, but they are all from this season.

Edited by LAK74

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Having seen/tried on both a 58 and a 58+, I can confirm that there is a small  difference between those two.

I have not seen a 60 in adidas. I have a 58G and a 60G and can again confirm the 69G fits slightly larger, though I have not taken measurements. 

In Reebok, the 58+ team issued and 60 retail were roughly the same as well. 

Awww yeahhh.

1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

69G sounds like a size that Olie Kolzig would have worn.

Phil Kessel probably wears a 69G, too. 

RI0CQ4s.jpg

On 4/30/2020 at 2:34 PM, Kingofkings said:

For anyone looking for LA Kings MIC Jerseys...TeamLA just put up the rest of the team stock home/away for $200 each benefitting covid-19 victims. 52-54 are already sold out.

I went ahead and picked up a 58G white and a 56 black. That's a pretty good deal for team stock.

Is it just me or is the Adidas on ice jersey kind of lame? I've owned two of them quite recently. As well as the AdiZero jerseys or whatever they're calling them. The Indo version. IMHO, there aren't enough differences in quality for me to justify the expense of buying the current game-worn jersey. Yes, the differences are still quite big. But the Reebok Edge 2.0 was a work of art... using how many different pieces of fabric to make a jersey? I'll admit I've never really seen a Reebok Indo version, but I hear the quality is about the same as a AdiZero Indo jersey. Reebok 2.0 jerseys blow the others mentioned above out of the water. The Adidas team-issued is just "meh" for me. I recently sold my entire collection, only to start up again... I only regret selling a few of my 2.0's, but I don't really care that I lost the Adidas gamers. From now on I'll either be buying the AdiZero, or a 2.0 if the style is still similar to the on-ice product.