It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

1 hour ago, AeroFishOne said:

ok thanks, I guess it was just the neck tagging that may have changed. I’ve seen the earlier starter center ice tagging and the later circle logo

The Starter logo on the back hem also  changed between 96/97 and 97/98.  The letter fonts changed as well.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So it might be more accurate to post this in the college thread but was able to add this sweater to my collection recently. A 2000-2002 BC Eagles road jersey worn by Ben Eaves. This jersey was worn in the National Championship season in 2000-2001 and then recycled for the 2001-2002 season. It has evidence of pretty heavy game use and team repairs (including removal of the 2001 Frozen Four patch - from my research it looks like BC wore their white jersey for the semi-finals and championship games). I'll just say, I miss the days of sweaters like this. This was the first year for this style of jerseys for the Eagles, which had massive rear numbers (BC reduced the size going forward, and when they switched from Nike to Reebok).  

49006625827_56875c6a9d_c.jpg

49006625897_9d7bee9795_c.jpg

Got these 2 back from EPS the other day, nameplates only.

85-86 Size 50, official rookie year and same size he wore

49008556956_bd13299f5a_k.jpg

49008767467_6e970481db_k.jpg

99-00 Size 52, final season in Boston

46205330334_2a0d9a948f_k.jpg

49008767067_3979481345_k.jpg

Before nameplate change:

The hole pattern on the the North Stars is the wrong way, plus the holes are way bigger.  The yellow on the Bruins is much darker.

1486459455_ScreenShot2019-11-01at10_56_52PM.png.e6221c0136455ab342d541e139bff21a.png

49008615276_e13ca2036d_z.jpg

After nameplate change:

49008825612_2918d0e9a1_c.jpg

49008082278_99a138e45e_b.jpg

Edited by JJM4

16 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

EPS can do matching poo bear nameplates?!? Might have to reconsider adding one to my collection 

Yeah, I don't think it should matter if it's Starter, Pro Player or Koho either.  I asked Josh about it and he said if they don't have the material they'll make it. Which I'd assume means they'll sublimate to match the colour if need be. 

1 hour ago, JJM4 said:

Yeah, I don't think it should matter if it's Starter, Pro Player or Koho either.  I asked Josh about it and he said if they don't have the material they'll make it. Which I'd assume means they'll sublimate to match the colour if need be. 

Make starter material? That’s a first. I thought that was the problem with those jerseys (no one had the material)?

7 hours ago, JJM4 said:

Got these 2 back from EPS the other day, nameplates only.

85-86 Size 50, official rookie year and same size he wore

Ain't no way any modern goaltender is fitting in that jersey.  Amazing.

29 minutes ago, LetsGoCaps said:

Ain't no way any modern goaltender is fitting in that jersey.  Amazing.

It is shocking really.  He wore 50G throughout his career. I think sizes on these old CCMs are a little off though because this one actually measures 25.5 pit to pit and the size tag had 48 written on it but it's definitely 50-52. I think he wore 54G in St.Louis at the end of his career though. 

But for comparison sake, Saros is one of a handful of goalies who is under 6 feet and he wears 58G.

50 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Make starter material? That’s a first. I thought that was the problem with those jerseys (no one had the material)?

Yeah who knows on Starter, I could be wrong about that.  If you're interested it may be worth emailing Josh.

Or maybe another forum member has an experience getting a Starter done up by EPS where they didn't provide the nameplate material with it when they sent it in?

It’s downright silly how fat the goalie pads have become. But, guys are also bigger. Goalies that are 6’2” and over now are the norm. Back in the 70s and 80s you had 5’10” guys in goal. 

My Vanbiesbrouck gamer is a 52G. He was 5’8” 😂

18 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

You can send that out to me any time you’d like. 😉

5 hours ago, jsh139 said:

It’s downright silly how fat the goalie pads have become. But, guys are also bigger. Goalies that are 6’2” and over now are the norm. Back in the 70s and 80s you had 5’10” guys in goal. 

I've got a Darren Pang pin head, pretty sure it's a 52 (I've photo matched the crest but haven't gotten a LOA as I don't know where to get that done) 
Not many smaller than that guy at 5' 5" 

When Ryan Miller played in the AHL for Rochester, they had SP make a 64G for him. Then the rules were changed to make that illegal so they just took a 60G and had it illegally altered. They never let those out. Anything out there “game worn” is most certainly not. I heard that from 3 different scouts who followed the AHL. He was a huge cheater.

Wow, really nice Rielly there!  Heck of a player, heck of a jersey... I would have thought the 'A' would have been bigger like on their regular home and roads.

Edited by JJM4

12 hours ago, JJM4 said:

Wow, really nice Rielly there!  Heck of a player, heck of a jersey... I would have thought the 'A' would have been bigger like on their regular home and roads.

Never really noticed. The team’s customizer did the kit. 

I wish we would wear these again one day. Probably my favourite jersey we’ve worn in my life time. Or a tie with the St. Pats. 

Edited by Phil the Thrill

Edited by Biscuit In The Basket

Picked up my second Langkow (and overall) gamer: 06-07 Set 3/Playoffs. Also my first photomatch, was easy to find the mark on the right shoulder and the cut near the left elbow 

2006-07 Daymond Langkow Away Jersey (Gameworn)2006-07 Daymond Langkow Away Jersey (Gameworn)

david-langkow-of-the-calgary-flames-skat

roman-hamrlik-and-damon-langkow-of-the-c

17 hours ago, mpe907 said:

Picked up my second Langkow (and overall) gamer: 06-07 Set 3/Playoffs. Also my first photomatch, was easy to find the mark on the right shoulder and the cut near the left elbow 

That was the one on eBay?  That dude bothered me a little bit, he won it on eBay as well a month or two ago for 130 Canadian and immediately put it back on eBay for more than double #petpeeve

Edited by brew
Spelling

4 hours ago, brew said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, Meigray has a bunch of MiC Vegas blanks on clearance right now

A couple of guys posted home jerseys that they got. I ordered both home and road  last week and got them on Wednesday. I actually have  both white and grey VGK in all three styles, MIC game issued, Adidas retail, and Fanatics replicas. 

And another ugly Stars jersey on display this morning... A Miro rookie and my first MIC

49054822781_b641f150d3_k.jpg

49054822416_b1e8f0bc4d_k.jpg

49054308808_a5f9dd20f9_k.jpg

49054309258_1e4df5ba0c_k.jpg

Nice Stars.  How do you like the MiC Adidas as compared to Edge 2.0?  I have a bunch of MiC Adidases (Adidi?) and have my own opinions but I'm curious to hear what you think.

19 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Nice Stars.  How do you like the MiC Adidas as compared to Edge 2.0?  I have a bunch of MiC Adidases (Adidi?) and have my own opinions but I'm curious to hear what you think.

I like the look and feel of it better than the 2.0 and the perforated numbers for certain teams is kind of a nice touch. But I'd say if I was going to wear one, I'd probably go with a 2.0 over an Adidas. What's your take on the comparison of the 2 styles?