• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

XFdVq3.jpg

yo0meS.jpg

Haven’t posted many of my pickups in a while,, but this one is a beauty... 2016 Gabriel Landeskog WCOH sweater worn against Russia on Sept 18th, 2016. The Avs captain scored in the sweater by beating Sergei Bobrovsky.. Thanks to friend and fellow game worn jersey collector Dan Donnelly for this beauty. I have 12 Landeskog gamers in my collection and this is among my favorites..

2 hours ago, enzo269 said:

Haven’t posted many of my pickups in a while,, but this one is a beauty... 2016 Gabriel Landeskog WCOH sweater worn against Russia on Sept 18th, 2016. The Avs captain scored in the sweater by beating Sergei Bobrovsky.. Thanks to friend and fellow game worn jersey collector Dan Donnelly for this beauty. I have 12 Landeskog gamers in my collection and this is among my favorites..

Wow.  Beautiful.

11 hours ago, LetsGoCaps said:

Wow.  Beautiful.

thanks!

10 hours ago, brew said:

awesome

Thanks! 

Merry Christmas to me! I never thought I'd ever see one of these in person, let alone have the opportunity to own one. The Flyers apparently only wore these HSI branded jerseys for the 1983 playoffs. Two home games and one road. This jersey was worn by Frank Bathe in that one road game. It has some light game wear on it. Unfortunately, a small portion of the back number twill has torn on the stitching line. Frank was in a fight that game, but I doubt it was bad enough to cause it, but I guess you never know. More than likely it was caused from improper storage over the years. These jerseys were cut super short because the Flyers wore Cooperalls that season.  Has the racing stripe fight strap sewn through the back number, as was customary for the time.  I'm beyond excited to own this jersey and I don't think I'll ever see another like it. The number font is so cool. Wish they'd go back to using it.

1982-83 Frank Bathe, Road Playoffs

1982-83_Flyers_Bathe_01

1982-83_Flyers_Bathe_02

1982-83_Flyers_Bathe_03

1982-83_Flyers_Bathe_05

Wow awesome find there Josh! Congrats!!!

12 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Wow, that's awesome. How many Flyers collectors have a pair of Cooperalls, just for the infamy factor?

I played on a team that used them once, I hated them. 

20 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I played on a team that used them once, I hated them. 

I’m sure the entire team hated you as well...

...jerk. 

5 hours ago, furiousd said:

Wow, that's awesome. How many Flyers collectors have a pair of Cooperalls, just for the infamy factor?

I’d rock a pair. They’re so weird that they’re cool. 

A few pickups over the past couple weeks for me. I've been told the Oilers is incorrectly customized for it's era, not to mention it's a foul since Pat Hughes left the Oilers organization by the time it was worn too. Nonetheless, it's a real unique piece and a potential project for me down the road if I so choose.

yiIIx7H.jpgJYtn3Pk.jpgml7Sjlo.jpgaFzGJYs.jpggvbm4M5.jpgWReccNZ.jpgdKyqG4U.jpg

Nice old Oilers jersey there, good luck with the project should you take it on.  Would make a nice Kurri or Messier.

9 hours ago, JJM4 said:

Nice old Oilers jersey there, good luck with the project should you take it on.  Would make a nice Kurri or Messier.

I was thinking the same.  A Messier would be nice.  That appears to be a 1989-90 regular season jersey.  Don't be tempted to add a SCF patch as they switched to Air-Knit for the playoffs. Same logo with the chopped-off oil drop and skinny letters, but the NHL shield was on the tail with white CCM. 

mark-messier-of-the-edmonton-oilers-skat

mark-messier-of-the-edmonton-oilers-hold

mark-messier-of-the-edmonton-oilers-help

mark-messier-of-the-edmonton-oilers-skat

I hate the Canucks, but I love the V jersey! Assuming they don't wear them as practice jerseys again, that's going to be one helluva rare jersey

Lots of great pickups on this page!