It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

Tom Kurvers 1988-89 red game worn.  Some nice repairs on this one and great looking jersey.

(green areas look black in my photos due to camera phone and poor lighting)

Edited by Devilsguy

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, JJM4 said:

I like the look and feel of it better than the 2.0 and the perforated numbers for certain teams is kind of a nice touch. But I'd say if I was going to wear one, I'd probably go with a 2.0 over an Adidas. What's your take on the comparison of the 2 styles?

I like the Edge 2.0 much better all around. You honestly just can’t beat Air-Knit (IMO... well maybe with ultrafil) for a quality feel. The Adidas knit feels kinda cheap and thin to me. I’m sure they’re better to play in, but I buy jerseys to wear and I want to feel like I got something for my money 😂 

Probably why the 90s CCMs are my favorites. 

3 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Wow,
You must REALLY hate Tom Kurvers.

If your a Leafs fan older than 30 the sight of that name on that jersey gives you PTSD.

8 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Tom Kurvers 1988-89 red game worn.  Some nice repairs on this one and great looking jersey.

(green areas look black in my photos due to camera phone and poor lighting)

Totally badass. Always like a game worn in the original colors, and Kurvers is obviously historically significant for the franchise. Excellent pickup. 

5 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I like the Edge 2.0 much better all around. You honestly just can’t beat Air-Knit (IMO... well maybe with ultrafil) for a quality feel. The Adidas knit feels kinda cheap and thin to me. I’m sure they’re better to play in, but I buy jerseys to wear and I want to feel like I got something for my money 😂 

I like the ‘puffiness’/depth of the adidas shoulders, but that’s about it. Much prefer edge and 2.0 air knit material. My dream jersey would still be an EDGE cut made out of ultrafil! Imagine the weight of that thing! If I ever come into a few grand of spare cash I’m going to commission a tailor to make one for me. After wearing modern cut jerseys so much it is difficult to go back to boxy 90’s era jerseys. The fits are so wide in the body and arms even when the sleeves are short

5 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I'll correct myself and say I like only the look of the Adidas better.  But when it comes to the feel of it, outside the shoulders I'll agree the Adidas does feel cheap and thin.  Between the 2 I'd still prefer the Adidas for collecting purposes based on newness, looks, etc... but for wearing the 2.0 is the better option.

10 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

I'll correct myself and say I like only the look of the Adidas better.  But when it comes to the feel of it, outside the shoulders I'll agree the Adidas does feel cheap and thin.  Between the 2 I'd still prefer the Adidas for collecting purposes based on newness, looks, etc... but for wearing the 2.0 is the better option.

For the first time, I'm wearing an Adidas MIC tonight. 

Definitely like the 2.0 better for wearing.  As others have said, it's more substantial.  The Adidas collars suck.  The only thing I like about the Adidas is they solved the waist stripes/diaper looks of some of the teams.

Edge 2.0 material is better. But the cut is completely weird. The collar, the tail, just don’t like them. 

Adidas material does fit better but the rounded collar looks better. They are obviously cut way tighter/smaller, but that just means adjusting your preferred size for most of us.

The sizing on both are stupid, in that a CCM size 54 is meant to have a 54 inch chest. Reebok and now Adidas retain the numerical sizing but the number has nothing to do with the size. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Edge 2.0 material is better. But the cut is completely weird. The collar, the tail, just don’t like them. 

Adidas material does fit better but the rounded collar looks better. They are obviously cut way tighter/smaller, but that just means adjusting your preferred size for most of us.

The sizing on both are stupid, in that a CCM size 54 is meant to have a 54 inch chest. Reebok and now Adidas retain the numerical sizing but the number has nothing to do with the size. 

Interesting.  I think you're the first person I've seen say that they like the Adidas collar better.  Agreed on the sizing.  It's just weird.  Bonus though is that honestly, there's not much difference between sizes 50 to 56.  In both Edge and Adidas.  Because of the tapered cut, if you're small like me, you can wear a 56 in a pinch and get away with it.  Try doing that with a 54 CCM if 48s are your size.  It would be really difficult to pull that off!

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Interesting.  I think you're the first person I've seen say that they like the Adidas collar better.  Agreed on the sizing.  It's just weird.  Bonus though is that honestly, there's not much difference between sizes 50 to 56.  In both Edge and Adidas.  Because of the tapered cut, if you're small like me, you can wear a 56 in a pinch and get away with it.  Try doing that with a 54 CCM if 48s are your size.  It would be really difficult to pull that off!

A regular rounded collar is nice. The Edge had a traditional v-neck, which would’ve been ok, then then they sewed that little black flap in, this eliminating the V. What for? Also, the collar kind of stands up in the air for some reason I don’t understand. 

Buddy of mine who is tall and thin (6’4” and under 200 lbs) has told me he can wear basically any Edge size from a 52 to a 58+. Obviously they get a little looser as you go up, but due to his height, he could pull off the larger sizes without them looking too huge. 

As far as Adidas goes, if you wear a 56 Edge, a 58+ Adidas would probably work for you too, so it’s kind of the same concept. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

A regular rounded collar is nice. The Edge had a traditional v-neck, which would’ve been ok, then then they sewed that little black flap in, this eliminating the V. What for? Also, the collar kind of stands up in the air for some reason I don’t understand.

All about $$$.  Get that NHL logo up there front and center.  Poor design, IMO.  They could have found a better way to do it. 

Shame of it all is that they left that flap in there in all other leagues with no logo in it.  CHL, AHL, etc.  So it looks even more dumb.

2011-12 Game Worn Nick Cousins

2 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Heh.  Nice patch on the Soo.  Front and center.

HAHA, I know right?  Would make more sense out back..... 😏

Edited by jsh139

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

4 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I like the fit of the old 6100 CCM (I'm a little "husky")

But I also liked the way they fit the players back in the 90's  - watching a skinny player race down the ice with a bulky jersey flowing like a cape, or tucked in like Roenick, Gretzky, Modano added a little cool kid flare to stand out when they were on the ice.

Now everybody just looks the same.  

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

2011-12 Game Worn Nick Cousins

Nice jersey. They should put the NHL/OHL branding back of the back at the bottom.

Hate to be cynical, but is the strategy to start with patches that no one can criticize, and then when the young minds are used to them, 'Colon Cancer Check' becomes 'Pepsi'?

Edited by LondonGardens

You guys are making me want to open the closet up and do a progression jersey wearing session lol..   I can do ultrafil, airknit (got 54 and 58 to choose from), edge v1, v2 and now adidas

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

I love those Kelowna Rockets jerseys. That dragon logo is 🔥.

It’s OgoPogo, not a Dragon.