Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

Sweet V! Did they auction off at the arena that night? 

Yeah, they still have all the “A” grade players jerseys being auctioned online, until Wednesday I think, then the rest of the scrubs were auctioned off in-arena during the game. I’m trying to get one from each set they wear this season, so far so good, just need to get the Skate and the Navy Orca later on.

Canucks 2019/20 Adidas MIC Collection

Edited by KB67

Picked up the Kings camo jersey I couldn't find in the arena the night of the game from teamLA online and was pleasantly surprised when they shipped me a MIC version. Also paid 180.00 while the tag says 280.00 49196369456_9996ed495e_b.jpg49196369571_b28a0ce77c_b.jpg

Edited by Kingofkings

20 minutes ago, Van67 said:

Facebook Marketplace steal... $100 CANADIAN! 

eTAQ4rc.jpg

Good price, cool find!  I'm just trying to figure out whats what with that tagging?  Is that consistent with the CCM jerseys from 96-97 season, because in 97-98 they went to Nike?  I have never seen a Sharks CCM with that tagging, perhaps made at a later date by CCM and tagged with the late 90s style tagging?

39 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

Good price, cool find!  I'm just trying to figure out whats what with that tagging?  Is that consistent with the CCM jerseys from 96-97 season, because in 97-98 they went to Nike?  I have never seen a Sharks CCM with that tagging, perhaps made at a later date by CCM and tagged with the late 90s style tagging?

I haven't seen the Sharks with that tagging either, and obviously 96-97 is the latest this could have been produced. Maybe some retail jerseys were made before the Sharks made the switch. Least of my worries at that price though, and neck tagging isn't visible wen you wear it so I'm totally leaning towards Larionov. I think the jersey sat in someone's closet for 20+ years. It feels brand new.

Edited by Van67

3 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

That same thought occurred to me too, but I remember that the 1997 ASG game worn jerseys, which had to have been manufactured in 1996, had those tags also.  So at least we know those tags existed at that time.

3 hours ago, Kingofkings said:

Picked up the Kings camo jersey I couldn't find in the arena the night of the game from teamLA online and was pleasantly surprised when they shipped me a MIC version. Also paid 180.00 while the tag says 280.00 

Huh. So they don't have MIC at the Team LA store at the arena? Wonder if they still have them online

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

Huh. So they don't have MIC at the Team LA store at the arena? Wonder if they still have them online

Yea still up 52-60. They didn’t even have the indo’s available at teamLA. I couldn’t even find them online besides teamLA posting them last week. 

Edited by Kingofkings

2 hours ago, Van67 said:

I haven't seen the Sharks with that tagging either, and obviously 96-97 is the latest this could have been produced. Maybe some retail jerseys were made before the Sharks made the switch. Least of my worries at that price though, and neck tagging isn't visible wen you wear it so I'm totally leaning towards Larionov. I think the jersey sat in someone's closet for 20+ years. It feels brand new.

Yeah like @LAK74 says at least we know the tags existed at that point, but regardless it's a great find at the price and tags are easy enough to change if it bothers you.  Larionov would be an awesome choice!

On 12/8/2019 at 4:41 PM, TheDithyK said:

A few pickups over the past couple weeks for me. I've been told the Oilers is incorrectly customized for it's era, not to mention it's a foul since Pat Hughes left the Oilers organization by the time it was worn too. Nonetheless, it's a real unique piece and a potential project for me down the road if I so choose.

ml7Sjlo.jpgaFzGJYs.jpg

Saw that on kijiji as well but I was too slow.. $50 is an absolute steal!

Please don't strip more than the namebar..  I was the one that let the seller know about the foul (if you heard it from her), it's a Nike namebar (consistent with Hughes era) on a somewhat rare CCM mesh (only a month or two of the 89-90 season)

but

Hughes didn't play in the CCM era, do you know who did?

Kelly-Buchberger.jpg?id=4b7f0db4-5479-474d-8b71-04c32739007b&size=zoom

Again, please don't strip more than the HUGHES name, it's a valuable piece of Oilers memorabilia

1 hour ago, brew said:

Again, please don't strip more than the HUGHES name, it's a valuable piece of Oilers memorabilia

With all respect to you, and this is just my opinion, the numbers are even more inaccurate than the letters font wise, and they were almost certainly not applied by the team to be a game-issue.  Even the letters are not the correct Nike font, so it’s probably not an original nameplate anyway.  So I guess I don’t see what it is you’re trying to preserve by not changing the numbers. Whether you put Messier, Kurri or Buchberger on it, it’s an “authentic replica,” not a GI/GW, so why not go with the player of choice, if the owner doesn’t want a Buchberger?   If I had that jersey, I wouldn’t put him on it.

26 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

With all respect to you, and this is just my opinion, the numbers are even more inaccurate than the letters font wise, and they were almost certainly not applied by the team to be a game-issue.  Even the letters are not the correct Nike font, so it’s probably not an original nameplate anyway.  So I guess I don’t see what it is you’re trying to preserve by not changing the numbers. Whether you put Messier, Kurri or Buchberger on it, it’s an “authentic replica,” not a GI/GW, so why not go with the player of choice, if the owner doesn’t want a Buchberger?   If I had that jersey, I wouldn’t put him on it.

The namebar could even be a Sandow *shrug*

all due respect to you, and everyone here, I'm more to the gameworn side of things, so my view is approaching the hockey history of the shirt..  Buchberger was a pretty good Oiler, the numbers look fine to me..  we get our opinions, similar to autographing a gameworn, some are against, some are for, and I just wanted to voice mine 

In the end, it's DithyK's shirt and he can do what he wants with it, and I'm cool with that..  I just wanted to say my piece :)  peace?

Image result for cheers

If I could upvote this, I would!  🙂 👍

I agree with what's being said, that at the end of the day it's Dithy's to do what he wants with it.  I can tell you the number 1 is incorrect when comparing it to one I have been involved with. This one came from a member here, and since he wrote the Jersey Book I'm guessing it's accurate.

49200679473_e8f1263c16.jpg

That is the correct CCM font that should have been used.  This pic shows what #16 should look like; actually it’s Buchberger’s actual mesh 89/90 gamer from the exact same time period.  The holes and gaps in the 6 are off too, as well as the relative thicknesses of each twill layer:

Oilers89

I really appreciate all the information and input guys. I understand the hesitation of not wanting to strip it, but if the customization is incorrect and the jersey was not used in a game or even issued in this state, I don't really value the "history" that's present in it. Personally, I'd be looking to make this a Kurri with as proper of on-ice specifications as I could get if I were to strip it. I feel like getting it done correctly to the era would do a rare jersey like this justice.

Of course, that's just what I think. I've never really waded into vintage jerseys as they're definitely before my time haha.

16 minutes ago, TheDithyK said:

I really appreciate all the information and input guys. I understand the hesitation of not wanting to strip it, but if the customization is incorrect and the jersey was not used in a game or even issued in this state, I don't really value the "history" that's present in it. Personally, I'd be looking to make this a Kurri with as proper of on-ice specifications as I could get if I were to strip it. I feel like getting it done correctly to the era would do a rare jersey like this justice.

Of course, that's just what I think. I've never really waded into vintage jerseys as they're definitely before my time haha.

Feel free to use that Kurri pic as reference to send to your customizer (pics actually taken by @slimcutta).  I will say I'd be quite confident EPS would have the matching textured mesh you'd be looking for.  They matched my 85 North Stars so there's a good chance they could do this one too.  Here's the front with A. Good luck with the strip.

49201149168_69eeacf593.jpg

dayumm you guys are good, I'm usually better at researching before speaking 😶   Looking at it now, I think customizing is definitely the way to go, and the price is still a steal for a vintage mesh :)

hats off to you all!

37 minutes ago, brew said:

dayumm you guys are good, I'm usually better at researching before speaking 😶   Looking at it now, I think customizing is definitely the way to go, and the price is still a steal for a vintage mesh :)

hats off to you all!

I have been here for years and it still amazes me how sharp some guys' eye for detail can be. 

It's part of the risk you take when you post your new finds.

"Hey look at this great jersey I got on eBay. Isn't it awesome?"

"Actually, the numbers are wrong, the letters are 1/4" shorter than they are supposed to be, and the player on it never wore that manufacturer."

"Great."

Edited by mfitz804

1998-99 Milan Hejduk Set 2 Road (rookie season)

Just arrived! Over the moon excited to add this Avalanche game worn grail jersey to my collection. The Duke!

2T1G3M.jpg

pcK4uL.jpg

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I have been here for years and it still amazes me how sharp some guys' eye for detail can be. 

It's part of the risk you take when you post your new finds.

"Hey look at this great jersey I got on eBay. Isn't it awesome?"

"Actually, the numbers are wrong, the letters are 1/4" shorter than they are supposed to be, and the player on it never wore that manufacturer."

"Great."

In this hobby, it’s a blessing...and a curse...

...jerk.