It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

Phoenix Coyotes Ilya Bryzgalov 09/10 set 1. Nice wear with puck marks and holes. Of course it's humongous big (60G) ;)

20191026_104851

20191026_104915

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, JJM4 said:

Not so much an arrival but I finally completed this project recently.  When I first bought the blank it was a 1989 big block no shield with round button 80s fight strap and the heat pressed rubbery all-star shoulder patch.  Since getting it I've had Keener add the NHL shield, I've added a size tag and center ice tagging, swapped out the fight strap for a flat button style, swapped out the rubbery all-star patch for the proper woven one, and stitched down both the SC100 and Montreal ASG patches.  So it's finally converted to a 1993 jersey.  And fun fact, Casey won the goalie competition in this his only all-star selection.

Hell of an effort there JJM4. Nicely done!

On 10/24/2019 at 12:43 PM, spudrock512 said:

1987-88 Scott Stevens Washington Capitals Home Jersey Size 50

I have been waiting a long time to find this:

1992-93 Roman Hamrlik Tampa Bay Lightning Inaugural Season Road Rookie Jersey Size 48

Proper Flat silver crest, white lightning bolt shoulder patches, and black CCM Logo

1997-98 New York Rangers Wayne Gretzky Alternate Jersey Size 52-R

2001-02 Los Angeles Kings Road Team Issued Jersey Size 56 with this "crazy persons" born on tag

It will become this:

Love the Stevens! Those late 80's Caps are one of my favorites.

On 10/24/2019 at 9:43 AM, spudrock512 said:

I have been waiting a long time to find this:

1992-93 Roman Hamrlik Tampa Bay Lightning Inaugural Season Road Rookie Jersey Size 48

Proper Flat silver crest, white lightning bolt shoulder patches, and black CCM Logo

1992-93 Roman Hamrlik Tampa Bay Lightning Inaugural Season Road Rookie Jersey Front1992-93 Roman Hamrlik Tampa Bay Lightning Inaugural Season Road Rookie Jersey Back

Awesome pickup.  Is the second 4 closer to the nameplate than the first 4 or is I just the way the jersey is laying?

4 hours ago, DMadole said:

Awesome pickup.  Is the second 4 closer to the nameplate than the first 4 or is I just the way the jersey is laying?

Just the way it’s laying. I should have straightened it up better.

Slowly catching up with everything that came in over the last few weeks.

2000-01 Adam Oates, was advertised as game-issued, but I have no way of knowing for sure. Customization appears to be spot-on, though.

48965018328_c54c061a32_b.jpg

48965742467_266f29265b_b.jpg

1990-91 Mats Sundin rookie jersey. There is some cracking in the fleur-de-lis. Not much, but I was wondering if there's any way to fix that.

48965550411_eb322cf1e0_b.jpg

48965550301_8474745ca2_b.jpg

1998-99 Brett Hull, stripped backup jersey. Has some wear, unfortunately, but oh well. They are hard to find, and I have always wanted one of these.

48907335943_a0d2071260_b.jpg

48908069047_1efc206c5b_b.jpg

Nice haul right there!  I have an 80s Nordiques with some minor cracking in a fleur-de-lys too, but I'm not sure there is a fix.  I think you'd have to find a way to complete remove it and have the vinyl re-applied.  

Beauty Hull too, those alternates with the orange shield are hard to come by.

My prized blank.  I just added the Cup Patch.  This one will go to Keener in the Spring.

I believe the jersey would have been a first year offering of the NHL Center Ice retail jerseys circa 1991. It has the size tag and flat button fight strap and I'd assume is from the back half of the 90-91 season.  I have the green TI from the beginning of 90-91 and it doesn't have the size tag and has the round button fight strap.

48970166168_65307b6bf2_k.jpg

18 hours ago, JJM4 said:

Nice haul right there!  I have an 80s Nordiques with some minor cracking in a fleur-de-lys too, but I'm not sure there is a fix.  I think you'd have to find a way to complete remove it and have the vinyl re-applied. 

Paging @slimcutta

I know you did a how-to write up in this post, but the pics are long dead.  Don't recall ever seeing a final version with the new logos sealed on, but I at least know you did the removal.

@perthisthereason

Edited by blurryhaze

53 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

One of my favorite styles even though I hated them at the time.
Kinda bummed I only have one. 

Yours is Air Knit right? 
Don't know why but it looks like Ultrafil on my laptop 

54 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

One of my favorite styles even though I hated them at the time.
Kinda bummed I only have one. 

Yours is Air Knit right? 
Don't know why but it looks like Ultrafil on my laptop 

Yup it's air knit, man they'd be gorgeous ultrafils if they'd been made that way.  I'm a North Stars fan and I've only been able to track down a home and road so I'd say you're doing alright with just 1. They so rarely ever come up.  I bought this one on the bay 7 or 8 years ago now, and have only really seen a few others pop up, but they're mostly the road green.

Gotta love all the old Norris division jerseys!

While we're on the subject of North Stars and ultrafils, I think most know the only year they officially wore them was 91-92 on the re-design.  However a few years ago on ebay, this one came up.  It's from a seller I've done business with in the past and he has some awesome old stuff tucked away.  This one he had listed at a fair price but I passed because they wore Mesh mostly in that design, and I believe there was an airknit set in 87 or 88, but never ultrafil.  But I saved the pics of it anyway, I love the old school mesh, but these ultrafils would have been sweet. Likely just an old prototype.

48971264581_bdaeafb734_c.jpg

48971263331_12a37690bc_c.jpg

Edited by JJM4

1 hour ago, JJM4 said:

My prized blank.  I just added the Cup Patch.  This one will go to Keener in the Spring.

Absolutely beautiful. Who are you going to put on it? 

1 hour ago, blurryhaze said:

Paging @slimcutta

I know you did a how-to write up in this post, but the pics are long dead.  Don't recall ever seeing a final version with the new logos sealed on, but I at least know you did the removal.

@perthisthereason

Thank you! Lets see if slim still has the pictures floating around.

5 minutes ago, perthisthereason said:

Absolutely beautiful. Who are you going to put on it?

Thanks!  I almost want to leave it blank.  It had Modano on it, but for years I didn't realize the number was done wrong, so I recently stripped it.  Since it's got the Cup patch now I'm thinking I've gotta go with Casey, he 14 - 7 and to me was the best player for them during that run. As a kid that made me a huge fan.

Edited by JJM4

24 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

I'd say you're doing alright with just 1. They so rarely ever come up.  I bought this one on the bay 7 or 8 years ago now, and have only really seen a few others pop up, but they're mostly the road green.

I've got the bases covered for N-Stars but wish I grabbed a few more when  I saw them as they are an impossible find 
I think my white is a small block from 1989-90 and I have the Green from 1990-91. 
I also have the 1991-92 home and road along with the Dallas 1st season and so on. 

I would've grabbed that prototype for sure if I saw it. 
I have a Blues that is Ultrafil and has the team tagging from 86/87 but the crest of an 87-88 it appears to be game worn as it had a few cuts and paint transfer but when I stripped the #8 off of it I cleaned all that up. Since it is an unknown oddity I was just gonna leave it blank or make it a Gilmour. 
I like those oddball ones 

3 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

I've got the bases covered for N-Stars but wish I grabbed a few more when  I saw them as they are an impossible find 
I think my white is a small block from 1989-90 and I have the Green from 1990-91. 
I also have the 1991-92 home and road along with the Dallas 1st season and so on. 

I would've grabbed that prototype for sure if I saw it. 
I have a Blues that is Ultrafil and has the team tagging from 86/87 but the crest of an 87-88 it appears to be game worn as it had a few cuts and paint transfer but when I stripped the #8 off of it I cleaned all that up. Since it is an unknown oddity I was just gonna leave it blank or make it a Gilmour. 
I like those oddball ones 

I just picked up and 88-89 small block white North Stars Team Choice that's with Keener, I'll be posting in the next month or so, but they just don't come up often enough.

You've got me beat on the more recent stuff, I'm still missing a white 91-92 and a 93-94 inaugural Dallas.

Looking at that green ultrafil, I sorta wish I had picked it up too now because the price was reasonable as far as North Stars stuff goes.

On 10/27/2019 at 6:50 PM, JJM4 said:

My prized blank. 

That jersey's ok, I guess...

But why waste the patch on it, when you can slap it on this bad boy instead and have the best of both worlds?!

2v2E8dfk2xZ1VfS.jpg

2v2E8dfi3xZ1VfS.jpg

Food for thought...I'll expect your PM shortly.

50 minutes ago, slimcutta said:

But why waste the patch on it, when you can slap it on this bad boy instead and have the best of both worlds?!

🤣

27 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I'm just at a loss for words here. Yikes.

Got my Vegas in from Meigray.

20191028_165130

Sweet VGK!

I'm with you on your first thought though... there just are no words lol

1 hour ago, slimcutta said:

2v2E8dfk2xZ1VfS.jpg

2v2E8dfi3xZ1VfS.jpg

Dayyum!  where did you find that gem?!  I guess I could strip the patch off both my home and road and double patch that beaut! More patches = more better.

Edited by JJM4