It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see some really awesome jerseys have been posted lately!

Since Reebok-era, I'm now only missing 3 styles of Oilers jerseys:

- 2008-era AWAY

- Reebok Edge 2.0 Retro-style AWAY

- Reebok Edge 2.0 ORANGE

But I also have both versions of the jersey style (air-knit) the Oilers wore in the 06 playoffs!

Not a very big deal I guess, but I did get this last week from JerseyBaron:

IMG-0410.jpg
IMG-0411.jpg

1987-88 Scott Stevens Washington Capitals Home Jersey Size 50

1987-88 Scott Stevens Washington Capitals Home Jersey Front1987-88 Scott Stevens Washington Capitals Home Jersey Back

I have been waiting a long time to find this:

1992-93 Roman Hamrlik Tampa Bay Lightning Inaugural Season Road Rookie Jersey Size 48

Proper Flat silver crest, white lightning bolt shoulder patches, and black CCM Logo

1992-93 Roman Hamrlik Tampa Bay Lightning Inaugural Season Road Rookie Jersey Front1992-93 Roman Hamrlik Tampa Bay Lightning Inaugural Season Road Rookie Jersey Back

1997-98 New York Rangers Wayne Gretzky Alternate Jersey Size 52-R

1996-97 New York Rangers Wayne Gretzky Alternate Jersey Front1996-97 New York Rangers Wayne Gretzky Alternate Jersey Back

2001-02 Los Angeles Kings Road Team Issued Jersey Size 56 with this "crazy persons" born on tag

2001-02 Los Angeles Kings Road Jersey Front2001-02 Los Angeles Kings Road Jersey Born On Tag

It will become this:

Hockey Collectibles:Uniforms, 2001-02 Ziggy Palffy Game Worn Los Angeles Kings Jersey - With "AM" Memorial Patch....Hockey Collectibles:Uniforms, 2001-02 Ziggy Palffy Game Worn Los Angeles Kings Jersey - With "AM" Memorial Patch....

Edited by spudrock512

3 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

That’s actually a 1997/98 Gretzky. The Starter logo on the hem has a subtle difference. 

Thank for the head up, I will make the correction.

2 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Thank for the head up, I will make the correction.

NOBODY WANTS A 1997/98 GRETZKY!

lol

Just kidding. Nice haul. 

Just now, spudrock512 said:

I don't even know who that Gretzky guy is, was he a good player or something???

Not as good as that Gretkzy guy who wore a liberty on the Rangers as well. 

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

The similarities are striking!

Image result for gretzky jersey foul

I don’t know what I like more, that the stupidest team in the league misspelled the biggest star in the sport’s history’s name wrong, or that his dad kept it and has it on display on a mannequin. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t know what I like more, that the stupidest team in the league misspelled the biggest star in the sport’s history’s name wrong, or that his dad kept it and has it on display on a mannequin. 

Shut up, jekr. 

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

At one time that was on display at the Hall Of Fame in Toronto. Not sure if it’s still there.

I don’t think it’s there anymore.  The Gretzky jerseys there now include a 1980/81 Oilers, the ‘89 Kings worn when he broke Howe’s all-time scoring record, a ‘91 Canada Cup, a ‘92 All-Star, and a 95/96 Blues.

10 hours ago, rabinsurance said:

At one time that was on display at the Hall Of Fame in Toronto. Not sure if it’s still there.

It was at a Rangers game a few years ago. I took pics and posted them back then. 

Not a jersey, but the lot cost me as much as a jersey and is an arrival I'm pumped for.  An original 91 Cup Patch for my home white North Stars and 3 PHPA 30th patches from the 97-98 AHL/IHL season.

I contacted someone within the PHPA through their ebay account and they said they searched high and low for 30th patches but couldn't find any.  Besides they just celebrated their 50th. I just picked up the 91 Cup patch recently and by chance the guy I bought it from knew a guy who had a stack of the PHPA 30th patch, so I sorta lucked into finding them. Now I've got some sewing to do.

48959351186_e43e1f3418_b.jpg

Not so much an arrival but I finally completed this project recently.  When I first bought the blank it was a 1989 big block no shield with round button 80s fight strap and the heat pressed rubbery all-star shoulder patch.  Since getting it I've had Keener add the NHL shield, I've added a size tag and center ice tagging, swapped out the fight strap for a flat button style, swapped out the rubbery all-star patch for the proper woven one, and stitched down both the SC100 and Montreal ASG patches.  So it's finally converted to a 1993 jersey.  And fun fact, Casey won the goalie competition in this his only all-star selection.

48960016467_9e28f2f050_k.jpg

48959829436_3cddba7845_k.jpg

And the proper woven all-star patch just added:

48959212063_6b4b4ea732_k.jpg

3 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Beauty!

54 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

One of my favorite All Star styles, looks great!

Thanks!  It's been a long work in progress, I must have got the blank about 7 years ago now.  For me it's between this style and the TBTC all-stars for favourite.