New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

TMLFAN you are correct, the three is off.....actually there are also small issues that I want to fix with all but the Coffey, the Gretzky, and the blank Team Canada......but at the prices I paid I will expect to fix no problemo!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My apologies, but I'm only saying this to help. On the Coffey, you need a 1996 ASG patch. The collar is black, so it's not a 1994. Even if it were, you would need 2 1994 ASG patches, not one.

Actually it was a good deal and the original reason I bought it was to either strip it or get it autographed. Looks like I have only option 1 now! I appreciate the good eye.

Actually if it's already got the "A" on the front, a quick swap of the ASG patches would be all that is needed. Sure wish I could find an authentic in that style.

It does have an "A" on the front. Again, much thanks for the advise. This fit my criteria but I did not realize the inaccuracies! Thanks again!

I can't tell if it's the angle of the pictures but the numbers on the Gilmour are incorrect especially the 3. Looks like the space at the upper part is a lot less the space on the bottom part.

TMLFAN you are correct, the three is off.....

You may want to confirm before you strip it - I'm pretty sure I've seen a few gamers into the '92-93 season where the team still used that style of 3.

It does look weird that the middle parts of the nine and the three are not at the same level...I don't know enough about early Leafs to know if that is right or wrong but I only remember the middle parts of those numbers lining up. The middle part of the three seems high and the middle of the nine seems low.

It does look weird that the middle parts of the nine and the three are not at the same level...I don't know enough about early Leafs to know if that is right or wrong but I only remember the middle parts of those numbers lining up. The middle part of the three seems high and the middle of the nine seems low.

For sure they used those weird 3's in the mid 80's. I thought they dropped those near the end of the 80's, but I can't say for sure that they didn't reappear a few times later. I just don't recall seeing a Gilmour (or any jersey in that post 1992 style) with that particular 3.

Here's my latest arrival, from my alma mater.

IMG_3208_zps829ba7f7.jpg

IMG_3209_zpsfa6e1532.jpg

Odd thing here... maybe someone can help. When they unveiled these jerseys, they said replicas would be $85 and authentics would be $125. I bought this at the Student Bookstore on campus (which usually has a pretty knowledgeable staff). They only had what they called a "replica" in white that was $85 and an "authentic" in blue that was $125. This is the authentic. I'm simply confused because of the fact that it is a size Large, rather than a 52, etc.

What makes me feel safe is what is available online...

This is from the Penn State Bookstore:

http://psu.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&langId=-1&productId=400000147888&storeId=18555&imageId=650348&graphicId=1 (White replica, made by OT Sports)

http://psu.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&langId=-1&productId=400000149655&storeId=18555&imageId=650350&graphicId=1 (Blue replica, made by Nike... labeled as replica, but seems authentic?)

But then, at the Family Clothesline they have this:

http://www.pennstateclothes.com/store/JERSEY-HOCKEYLO%21963/Penn+State+Ice+Hockey+Jersey (Blue or white replica, made by OT Sports)

http://www.pennstateclothes.com/store/JERSEY-HOCKEY%21180/Penn+State+Nike+Replica+Hockey+Jersey (Blue replica, made by Nike... labeled as replica, but seems authentic?)

Does anyone have more experience with college hockey jerseys that might be able to better confirm if I truly bought an authentic, or just a more expensive replica? Do they actually sell true authentic jerseys for college teams?

Regardless, I love these jerseys. They're really nice. Especially love the extra Lion logo below the neck.

This was in celebration of the fact that 2 friends and me and my wife recently placed our deposits for 4 seats in the brand new arena next year (Penn State's first in Division I).

Wanted to bring some international color to this thread. Shirts from Finnish SM-Liiga and my favorite team Jokerit to be more specific.

So here are few of the latest additions to my approx 50 Jokerit jerseys collection.

11-12 Jokerit special 45th year annivesary jersey. Team wore these in one home game to commemorate their 45th anniversary.

Jersey is team issued/photo worn by Chicago Blackhawks 2012 1st round draft pick Teuvo Teräväinen.

Reebok size 54

201245thteravainen.jpg

2012 Jokerit Talvikalssikko (Winter Classic) jersey. So far SM-Liiga has had two outdoor winter classic games (10-11 season and 11-12 season). Both times it was match up between two Helsinki based teams Jokerit and HIFK.

This jersey is game issued from 2012 game for Phoenix Coytes 2012 2nd round draft pick Alexander Ruuttu.

Reebok size 54

2012wcruuttu.jpg

Wanted to bring some international color to this thread. Shirts from Finnish SM-Liiga and my favorite team Jokerit to be more specific.

So here are few of the latest additions to my approx 50 Jokerit jerseys collection.

Hard to get? Doesn't seem like they sell authentics or game worns on their website.

DSL i sent you a PM in regards to Nike and their college hockey jersey BS.

Do you mind sharing, I've wondered the same about the Michigan State jerseys I have seen on campus....Nike also does the MSU jerseys.

here is what i sent DSL

College hockey jerseys are a clusterf*ck. Especially with Nike who I assume is doing all of the work with Penn State Athletics. Same as with Minnesota.

Fans for the longest time of the Gophers have longed for real 100% on ice authentics, but have never been able to acquire them when Nike took over. Nike never made them for retail due to there "not being enough demand." bullchit. Minnesota is hockey. So all we could get for the longest time was replicas, and ###### poor made replicas too. plastic logo sewn to the front, thin material, etc all being solde for like 60-80 bucks. A lot of Gopher fans contacted Nike to complain, Nike put it back on the school and it turned into he said she said. It was even more frustrating seeing North Dakota fans wearing 100% authentics because Reebok retails them.

This year however, it has been different. Nike and the University tried a trial run of things. They sent X amount of authentic jerseys to the bookstore to sell. Needless to say they sold quick and are sold out, which we are hoping sends the message that if you make it available, people will buy it! Sad that there are other companies making fan replica jerseys then look so lame.

I imagine your case is similar to ours here in MN. Especially with Penn State being a freshly awarded program that Nike wanted a trial run of authentic and replicas being sold to see how they would do. I have a replica from a few years ago when they were of good quality and I like it a lot. I am hoping when the B1G gets rolling Nike continually makes authentics available.

Best of luck on your hunt, and congrats on getting a college hockey team. If you want to see the jersey drama from the Gopher perspective you can read it here http://www.gopherpuc...php?f=3&t=11150

Undoubtedly one of my favorite Rangers sweaters.... :thumbsup:

photohte.jpg

Does anyone have more experience with college hockey jerseys that might be able to better confirm if I truly bought an authentic, or just a more expensive replica? Do they actually sell true authentic jerseys for college teams?

This was in celebration of the fact that 2 friends and me and my wife recently placed our deposits for 4 seats in the brand new arena next year (Penn State's first in Division I).

Authentic non-game/team issue jerseys can be very difficult to find at the NCAA level. I'm sure it varies team-by-team, but in general it's pretty difficult to find them. Many, if not most, teams do not seem to retail true authentic jerseys as worn on the ice.

Also, for what it's worth, Penn State is already a D1 hockey team. This is their first year at that level, although they haven't joined a conference until they become a member of the Big Ten next year.

Also, for what it's worth, Penn State is already a D1 hockey team. This is their first year at that level, although they haven't joined a conference until they become a member of the Big Ten next year.

Good point. I always get confused when I hear the phrase "independent" in reference to this year. But yea, they are Division I.

Undoubtedly one of my favorite Rangers sweaters...

And the Rangers have one more hill to climb...!!!!

Sweet. Can't go wrong with that jersey!

Grabbed a trio of Flyers two nights ago for a steal on eBay, happened to be in the right place at the right time, big thanks to Tom for the heads up too! The orange has a minor flaw with the one sleeve #1 being place wrong and the white one has a twill nameplate but for the price i am more then satisfied.

009_zps4b4d5b28.jpg

008-1_zps15868481.jpg

007-1_zps11c3805b.jpg

006-1_zpsc1ae50f0.jpg

003-2_zps61025aca.jpg

002-2_zpsd47007ef.jpg

I owned this next jersey before i sold it in September. Luckily I had the opportunity to get it back.

005-2_zps0894f0a3.jpg

004-2_zps13c80bf1.jpg

And a Gag's i got on the cheap..

006-1_zps9e1a800e.jpg

004-2_zpsaae21906.jpg

I have a huge pickup on the way. Probably the most excited I have ever been for any jersey and there are 3 of them. All Flyers too! Stay tuned.