New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Finland pickups! Go with Kurri!

I second that I think a HOF player on his Country jerseys shows a lot of respect for the player

I second that I think a HOF player on his Country jerseys shows a lot of respect for the player

No better reason than to go with Selanne on that then, right? ;)

Teemu all the way! If not then Jarmo Myllys.

Tis the season....to buy your own Christmas gifts. It's the only way to get what you really want.

I've been looking for one of these for a long time.

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg607/sec74/Kentucky%20Thoroughblades%20and%20AHL/CurtisDoellThoroughbladesChristmasjersey2_zps96775ff8.jpg[/img]"]http://CurtisDoellThoroughbladesChristmasjersey2_zps96775ff8.jpg

Wow that jersey is amazing. I love the Thoroughblades jerseys but Ive never seen that one. Ive been trying to get a blank to make into a Kipper for a while.

Wow that jersey is amazing. I love the Thoroughblades jerseys but Ive never seen that one. Ive been trying to get a blank to make into a Kipper for a while.

Thanks Brandon. I'm very happy with it. The Christmas jerseys are hard to find. Never thought I would find one at such an affordable price. I never expected a jersey only worn 3 or 4 games at the most to show so much wear. It may have only been worn twice. I remember a Fri/Sat weekend but don't remember if it was worn for other games or not.It was a long time ago.

Good luck finding a blank. I've found it easier to find gamers. If I ever find one, it's going to be a Nabby. Kipper is my second choice.

That T-Blades jersey is great. I remember watching them wear those.

Still kicking myself I didn't get any T-Blades stuff I lived in Lexington and the team was still active.

Thoroughblades logo design taking some heat over here:

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2012/12/18/best-worst-ahl-logos-of-all-time.html

http://www.icethetic...f-all-time.html

Ugly jerseys and crests always have a special place in my heart - I think they've got a lot more chracter about them.

http://www.icethetic...f-all-time.html

To each their own I guess. I always liked it, as did most T-Blades fans.

I only heard one complaint over the years. Some guy in the beer line said the logo and colors were not very manly. Personally I don't like a logo that looks like it was designed by somebody on a testosterone overdose. When I pointed out it didn't bother him enough to keep him at home, he grunted and went back to his two beers. At some point this type of argument says more about the person making it than about the logo.

I can admit when I first heard the name and saw the logo I felt somewhat embarrassed for that to be my local team. I mean there's enough redneck jokes one gets living in Kentucky, then finally we get an AHL team in Lexington, and they go with a joke name/logo. I've grown frond of the design over the years, but a big part of me wonders why they didn't just call them the Thoroughbreds and go with a more classic style.

I can admit when I first heard the name and saw the logo I felt somewhat embarrassed for that to be my local team. I mean there's enough redneck jokes one gets living in Kentucky, then finally we get an AHL team in Lexington, and they go with a joke name/logo. I've grown frond of the design over the years, but a big part of me wonders why they didn't just call them the Thoroughbreds and go with a more classic style.

I understand about the redneck jokes. I grew up in small town east TN and couldn't wait to get out. So what did I do? Went to college in KY in a town smaller than the one I left. Smart huh? I love to travel and have been all over the world, but until recently I was always embarrassed to tell people where I was from. And people who travel ALWAYS ask. I've gotten over it in the last couple of years and have in fact gone to the other extreme. I find that I'm actually proud to tell people where I'm from. I am who I am and either can't or won't change to make other people comfortable. If you're the kind of person who would judge somebody without knowing them based on where they are from, I don't care what you think of me anyway.

To get back on topic, do you know if the Thorougblades name/logo/colors were voted on by locals or if it was chosen by somebody else? I was still in school the first half of the T-Blades first season. I graduated in Dec 96 and moved to Lexington over Christmas break. I was supposed to go to graduation in Jan. but skipped it because the T-Blades were at home. Priorities, you know.

Hey, living in Victoria, when we got the Salmon Kings, I found the name and logo to be a little embarrassing/pathetic. But they grew on me, and have a special place in my heart for a few reasons. 1st Hockey game i ever saw live, and 2 Home town team. They're probably one of my favorite sets of jerseys.

Lucky. My local team is the 'Braehead Clan'. Crap name, jerseys and crest, awful fans that haven't got two brain cells to rub together and the team can't make a passing play, don't know how to hit and score through sheer luck. Their style of play is 'dump it into the opposite end and hope for the best'. :glare:

NHLClanDrewl05.JPG

Lucky. My local team is the 'Braehead Clan'. Crap name, jerseys and crest, awful fans that haven't got two brain cells to rub together and the team can't make a passing play, don't know how to hit and score through sheer luck. Their style of play is 'dump it into the opposite end and hope for the best'. :glare:

You've left me one thing to say......

GO CAPS GO! Edinburgh>Braehead, although the on ice quality....may be something different.

I can't tell if it's the angle of the pictures but the numbers on the Gilmour are incorrect especially the 3. Looks like the space at the upper part is a lot less the space on the bottom part.

Other then that, very nice haul.