New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BOOM!!!

Kind of an impulse buy since I have a blank that I want to put Gartner on with the A and the NHL75 patch, so this may go.

Nice! Where'd you find it if I may ask?

That's very true. Some of those jerseys even made it into the early part of the regular season that year. I've even seen several that still had the NHL 2000 patches attached. Though, those were more of a pre-season thing.

They used PP jerseys with the covered logo in pre-season 2000-01.

That makes sense to me, that it may have been meant for use after the 99/00 season. Otherwise, what would be the point of covering up the ProPlayer logo?

That makes sense to me, that it may have been meant for use after the 99/00 season. Otherwise, what would be the point of covering up the ProPlayer logo?

As far as I know, PP went out of business in 2000 and because of new contracts with CCM/Koho

Pro player/starter went bankrupt.

Starter went BK in 1999. ProPlayer was shuttered by their parent company Fruit of the Loom in early 2000. ProPlayer was going to be a big player in sports, the NHL rights and naming rights for the former Joe Robbie Stadium in Miami their first big acquisitions. At one point (98-99) game jerseys were made by CCM, Starter, Nike and Bauer (Preds first year). All made replicas. Then the NHL decided to consolidate to two companies, splitting 15/15 on ice, and each could make replicas. So PP swept in and split the rights with CCM. That lasted one year until Fruit of the Loom, parent company of PP, ran out of capital and shuttered the brand. At that point CCM swept in to lock up exclusive rights to NHL jerseys, and branded them CCM for whites and replicas, and KOHO for dark and third jerseys. This lasted until the end of the lockout when CCM/Koho's parent company Reebok decided to put their name on all NHL jerseys. And that's where we are today.

So much re-branding. I had a moment when I looked at my Pro-Player knit jersey, looked at my SP knit jersey, and saw the exact same knit. Moreover, it was even better when I looked at a Nike branded NCAA jersey, and it was the same knit again. Oh, and my school's Adidas branded jerseys? Same knit. I'm not sure what to call that knit (Bauer?).

Borrowed from Gameworn Auctions

18512.jpg

Just got a load of stuff in from EPS, just in time for Christmas:

1990-91 Adam Oates. My first Blues in this style. The middle vinyl layer on the crest and numbers is pretty trippy.

oates_f.jpgoates_b.jpg

I'm not exactly a Sharks fan, but I really like their inaugural jersey design a lot. So who better to put on a couple of home and aways than a pair of ex-Kings? 1996-97 Bernie Nicholls and Tony Granato.

nicholls_f.jpgnicholls_b.jpg

granato_f.jpggranato_b.jpg

1991-92 Michel Goulet. Thanks to Shenanigans for the spare fight strap, which now lives on in this Hawks jersey.

goulet_f.jpggoulet_b.jpg

2007-08 Jonathan Quick Manchester Monarchs. Kit by Cutting Edge (original team customizer), stitching by EPS. Special thanks to redbeard 3569 for all the advice regarding customization and patch details, and to xahlgoalie for the CMC sponsor patch.

quick_mon_f.jpgquick_mon_b.jpg

A pair of 2012 All-Stars that I've seemingly had forever, and finally got around to getting customized. I went for the single-layer sublimated numbers, and I'm pretty pleased with them.

quick_asg_f.jpgquick_asg_b.jpg

malkin_f.jpgmalkin_b.jpg

2002 Rob Blake Team North America All-Star.

blake_f.jpgblake_b.jpg

1995-96 Ron Francis.

francis_f.jpgfrancis_b.jpg

2007-08 Rob Scuderi. Thanks to xahlgoalie for the authentic "Pittsburgh 250" patch.

scuderi_f.jpgscuderi_b.jpg

Because that's impossible to duplicate?

That's what I thought

1991-92 Michel Goulet. Thanks to Shenanigans for the spare fight strap, which now lives on in this Hawks jersey.

ad72cd7c4d723c73df5fba3c02462998.jpg

Nice batch, LAK. I especially like the Pens Francis jersey. Thinking of doing one of those for myself.

Nice Blues jersey. Great style!

I must admit though, the Malkin is making my eyes bleed.

Thank you, gentlemen, for all the kind comments. I was really happy with this batch; EPS really paid a lot of attention to the details I sent along with the order.