New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not hockey but... Got two Nike Elite football jerseys for christmas. Foles White and Brady Alternate. The two jerseys themselves are quite different. The Foles one consists of mostly mesh with only the side panels being the elite material. The customization is perfect. Three levels of letting. The Brady one the whole thing is the elite material but the numbers are lacking. They're basically a slightly better version of the one layered reebok hockey jerseys that we saw for a few years, which I chalk up to the fact that the Brady jersey is mass produced while the Foles was a custom order.

The Brady one if I didn't know it was 100% real I would think it was a knockoff due to the lettering. Sad that some companies are putting that type of product out.

Funny thing is I also have a Bradford Rams one and it's somewhere in between the two lettering wise.

295akxh.png

2e58x9f.png

db2v4.jpg

15gw2fl.png

4iy8lf.png

24y3adi.jpg

Thanks for all the Lindros love.

The Foles looks amazing. I was contemplating picking up a Vick elite from PLA, just to see the new Eagles design and the material. For the Brady, i believe they do reverse kiss cut like that for all the teams that have more than one layer. My Saints had it when it arrived and i thought the same thing as you, it was a little confusing to say the least. I have read that the all new Elites get much nicer after a few washes. That stiffness goes completely away according to some.

What saints player? Brees? I went to the Eagles Pro Shop a few months back to look at the Elites. The Vick and McCoy jerseys had the same lettering as the Brady one. I may be completely wrong but I think it's just the mass production.

Kurt is right. I think most teams with multi-layer use some sort of kiss-cut (usually reverse kiss-cut like the Chargers/Lions). The Pats is legit. The reason why the Eagles is stacked twill is because, as you said, it was a custom order. It probably wasn't ordered through a website who sends out to get customized (EPS used to customize certain Reebok authentics, I don't know if they do that with the Elites though).

The difference in material is actually good.

Yeah I got a Peyton Manning Broncos elite and I thought the reverse kiss lettering was really nice. I was pretty happy with the jersey other than it not having the captain patch.

Before the NFL discussion gets completely quashed by our hockey purists, are the Elite jerseys the same thing as those made for the players, or are they similar to those made by Reebok, where the players' jerseys are made in Wisconsin and are just branded as Reebok?

Before the NFL discussion gets completely quashed by our hockey purists, are the Elite jerseys the same thing as those made for the players, or are they similar to those made by Reebok, where the players' jerseys are made in Wisconsin and are just branded as Reebok?

They are close to the on-field jerseys. I think the only difference is skill cut.

I have a Tebow Jets Elite. Le sigh. On sizing, I'd recommend going a size down. I have a 48 Rbk authentic and a 48 Elite. I probably could wear a 44 Elite, but I didn't want to risk the jersey not fitting me

They are close to the on-field jerseys. I think the only difference is skill cut.

I have a Tebow Jets Elite. Le sigh. On sizing, I'd recommend going a size down. I have a 48 Rbk authentic and a 48 Elite. I probably could wear a 44 Elite, but I didn't want to risk the jersey not fitting me

spending $250 on a jets tebow jersey...must be nice to be in college with no bills.

Ive been contemplating ordering two Jets jerseys, i love the new Elites. It just takes some time to get used to. There are definitely deals to be had.

Ive been contemplating ordering two Jets jerseys, i love the new Elites. It just takes some time to get used to. There are definitely deals to be had.

Flyers? Jets? Sorry, Kurt. This bromance over hockey jerseys is entirely over! :P

I might as well post this for comparison. Reverse kiss cut numbers, super stiff Nike material. The Eagles are one of a handful of teams that wanted to keep their jerseys pretty much the same as before. Hence the completely mesh body and traditional collar. That is about the only thing the Eagals got right this season. I find the sizing to be pretty good with the exception of the shoulders. I find the shoulder section to be a little smaller than my other football jerseys. I think this will be the only Elite I get unless the Skins go back to to older style cut and material.

th_IMG_3738.jpg

th_IMG_3735.jpg

th_IMG_3737.jpg

th_IMG_3736.jpg

Here is a handy guide of what the different options all of the teams had with the new Nikes. It seems that these same options have been reflected in the retail jerseys as well.

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/10578/new-uniforms-new-season-the-uni-watch-nfl-preview

I've been slowly working on putting kits on all my blanks. This is the first one done. Last jersey he wore before he retired.

1-vi.jpg2-vi.jpg

Sweet Gilmour!

spending $250 on a jets tebow jersey...must be nice to be in college with no bills.

Must be nice to have enough free time to question how other people spend their money.